Sign in to follow this  
airlinejets

Carenado Turbo CT206H STATIONAIR HD SERIES is out!

OK... I switched back to V2.  It does seem to handle better on the ground and the sound does change when you open the window.  The default sound in the cockpit, unless you turn it way down with the cockpit controls is so loud, that I have learned to leave my headphones off.  It's really uncomfortable.  Yes, I see the spots of rain on the windshield, but that's what they are... spots.  I still like the aircraft, but don't see much improvement in this update.  I would rather see things like toe brake animations, which should be a simple thing to do in all Carenado aircraft.

John

Edit... Carenado still makes the very best GA aircraft and I own quite a fleet of them, so I'm not anti-Carenado... just offering suggestions.

John Wingold

OK, at least I know the Cessna raindrops are supposed to be static according to what you guys are also seeing. But in my B200 I have NO raindrops at all on the front window...I ony get raindrops on the small side windows (static drops/spots). Am I supposed to be seeing no raindrops in the B200 guys?

There must be something wrong on my end since the C90 clearly shows animated raindrops on front window and Dan says it should be the same in the B200. Is it because im running the beta 10.30b5?

OK, I had some time to experiment around with this.  Here's the low-down:

-The CT206 SHOULD have moving rain drops, but doesn't. I presume this is due to an order of transparency issue (one level of glass masks the rain drops).  This can be addressed for the next release.

-The B200 worked correctly for me in X-Plane 10.25, but not the first time I loaded it in 10.30 Beta5.  Restarting X-Plane 10.30B5 seemed to make it work correctly again.  

-Similarly, the C90 worked correctly for me in X-Plane 10.25, but when I switched from the B200 to the C90 in X-Plane 10.30B5 the windshield and drops didn't work correctly… but restarting XPv10.30b5 did the trick with this one as well.

-Switching between planes in 10.25 does NOT result in non-functioning rain on the windshield, but switching between planes in 10.30b5 DOES result in non-functioning rain on the windshield.

Now, WHY this would happen, I'm not sure.  We'll need to get more data in, to narrow down what's happening.  It may have something to do with X-Plane 10.30's new pre fill algorithms, or something like that.  Might be something worth reporting to Laminar.

Alrighty, SOOO... the Cessna needs another patch, gotchya...and the KingAirs work as long as you do not switch planes (in other words make them the first plane to load into the sim upon startup). Thank you so much Dan for testing this...I will test on my end with the B200 and load it first in heavy rain to try it out. If I get same result as you I'll just wait it out for anymore info you may have about this in the future.

I bought this plane but haven't tried it out yet - what's the best way to install the gns530?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

There is a zipped file in the program and it contains a new car_ file. Simply replace the one that shipped installed.

John

John Wingold

Thanks so much for the links Dan, that'll give me plenty of homework for the next few weeks:)

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Picked this one up, nice plane.

Just wondering why it's so hard to select an even altitude?

Try and display 7000ft on the AP for example, and you can get near but not exactly.

Which brings me back to why does the AP altitude adjustment in X-Plane move up in increments of 10 instead of 100?

Same here. I'm constantly setting mine at 7010 feet!

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

yep, its broken alright....too unstable and cant get it exact...makes you feel like you're wrestling an aligator.

Dave...move mouse UP & DOWN for larger increments, LEFT & RIGHT for smaller increments.

Also plane doesnt remember where your chosen sound volume is...always resets to default after loading and engine is way too loud...I thought they fixed this volume issue?

yep, its broken alright....too unstable and cant get it exact...makes you feel like you're wrestling an aligator.

Dave...move mouse UP & DOWN for larger increments, LEFT & RIGHT for smaller increments.

Also plane doesnt remember where your chosen sound volume is...always resets to default after loading and engine is way too loud...I thought they fixed this volume issue?

The knobs work as in every Carenado aircraft, which is not optimal, but I guess I'm used to it by now. (On the other hand, I use my Saitek panel to select all that stuff...)

Saving the chosen sound volume per plane would be a cool feature.

The volume issue that was fixed just refers to the volume change when you open and close the cockpit window (gets louder when open and vice versa. This did not work before.)

I have a question, by the way: Today I was flying the CT206 from Vaasa to Tampere, and I totally forgot to use the blue prop lever. It just remained in its "0" position. I still could climb and fly without any problems. Is this possible in reality, too (because of the powerful engine)?

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

I think that if you start up with the controller all the way down, the display will (and apparently the program) thinks it is all the way up and, until you move the controller, it will show and act like it is all the way up.

If this is the situation you are describing, a slight movement of the controller will coordinate the two.

John

Edit:  I use a throttle quadrant and this is based on my experience using that controller.

John Wingold

I think that if you start up with the controller all the way down, the display will (and apparently the program) thinks it is all the way up and, until you move the controller, it will show and act like it is all the way up.

If this is the situation you are describing, a slight movement of the controller will coordinate the two.

John

Edit:  I use a throttle quadrant and this is based on my experience using that controller.

I know what you mean, but this is not the case -- I use a throttle quadrant, too, and automatically move it a bit before starting the aircraft...

With the prop lever fully down, the RPM produced just by the power lever at 70 to 100% is about 2000 (so right before the green area in the RPM gauge begins). I just wonder if it is correct that the prop lever basically just adjusts where in the green area the RPM will be, but does not have a big influence on lower RPM numbers.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Once X-Plane 10.30 goes final, we'll see those things mentioned in these videos addressed.  Some things are Laminar's to fix/support, others are still just in need of some tuning on our end.