Sign in to follow this  
Ron Attwood

Congratulations USA!

Excellent explanations regarding the philosophy behind the game.  I CONCUR!  It now makes great sense to me.  I'm loving watching the WC games.  In the year of 2014....I became a futbol fan.

Stan

I think the fact this WC is so open and attacking is helping bring the new north American audience into the game. Most Canadians/Americans find it slow, I recommend watching the English Premier league if you're new to it, usually fast and exciting. Then start watching Spanish and Italian footy. I love the tactical nuances of the Italian style of play but it is slower.

Just don't be a bandwagon supporter! Lol

It truely is a beautiful game to watch and even if you only watch the WC that's better then nothing!

Mike,

Valid points made about the difficulty of promotion & relegation. Maybe in a few years when the system is bigger it will be possible. It certainly adds to the spice of watching games involving those near the bottom of the table!

Lee, we support the same club sir so you have excellent taste! Just don't mention the biting Uruguayan. :wink:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

:Nail Biting:  :Whew:  :brazil-flag:

Mauricio Brentano

Mike,

Valid points made about the difficulty of promotion & relegation. Maybe in a few years when the system is bigger it will be possible. It certainly adds to the spice of watching games involving those near the bottom of the table!

Lee, we support the same club sir so you have excellent taste! Just don't mention the biting Uruguayan. :wink:

Somoen never learned snack time was after the match! It's OK supposedly he just "fell" into his shoulder....

Poor Chile :(

Chile were unlucky with that shot against the bar and their final penalty against the post. But Brazil kept their nerve - just!

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I'm not convinced with Brazil.

Also is it just me or does Neymar not have the same likeability as Messi? Messi just seems to be pretty quiet and respectful. He's not at the Messi level yet but there's a good chance he'll get there.

This Colombia vs Uruguay game should be good. I love the world cup!

Brazil players were VERY lucky . do you have any idea what would have happened to them if they lost . probably ten years in jail  :P

Lee, we support the same club sir so you have excellent taste! Just don't mention the biting Uruguayan.

Just curious.  How is the English press treating this situation and what have Liverpool said about it?

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Cricket: As explained to a foreigner...

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.
When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game

Gary Stallard

Brazil has not lost a competitive match on home soil since 1975. Its amazing how statistics can rule 

ZORAN

Cricket: As explained to a foreigner...

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.

When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game

Gary Stallard

Get up to speed Gary, that was posted on page 2. :P

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.