Sign in to follow this  
soundrats

"FSX Fiber Accelerator" a new magic tool for FSX

why dont you just tweak your fsx.cfg and save the money

It can be a bit of a chore if you are running different aircraft to run different configs.  Different airports can have a frame rate hit completely independant of the general settings,  

The A2A C172 is perfect on my system from ORBX Goodwood, but if i head north east across London i encounter the terrible frames associated with UK2000 Heathrow V3.  It might be helpful for that situation; i am curious to know if this helps with the OOM situation? 

Ian R Tyldesley

I think the bases of the program is that if you have a tweaked config and set your settings based on a low frame rate airport, these settings are set for all scenarios.

Example, you set your CFG file for a heavy airport and you get good frames but you have to lower your texture settings to get it. At a smaller airport you get super frames but low texture settings.

With this program you get good frames at the heavy airport with lower texture settings, but with it being dynamic, it allows good frames at a smaller airport and increases texture settings.

I have downloaded the trial but not tried it yet. I am a bit worried about what it changes and what happens if you stop using it.

I have downloaded the trial but not tried it yet. I am a bit worried about what it changes and what happens if you stop using it.

It changes nothing at all! That's the whole point of the program. The "changes" are made dynamically while the sim is running. Once you stop running the program, everything goes back to the fixed configuration.

And yes, it is very much like the program that was released for FS2002, which unfortunately came far too late in the cycle, and FS2004 quickly took center stage.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Keep the reports coming. I will maybe try to set up a little guide.

We don't change anything either in your fsx.cfg or any setting you would change from inside FSX menu as we directly 'talk' to FSX's graphics engine.

Harmless like a sheep :P

Regards, Babis D. (BD)
Flight Simulator Platform Solutions
Senior Developer
visit us: Homepage / Our unofficial blog
2vhslld.jpg

Newtons law.Every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

To boost the frames somethings got to give..

Except we're not talking natural law. Neuton's law does not always apply to the digital world. Considering it can be constructed to directly overrule that law. :)

Howard H.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world"

-Mahatma Gandhi

Thank you FSPS for answering that question. I will give it a good try at the weekend and if all goes well, I will be buying.

So does this change things dynamically or is it just basically lowering settings automatically to try and achieve a frame rate (a la that thing that AMD programme does). The first one would be interesting, though I'm not sure how it could do that as if you change an autogen setting manually for example it usually has to reload the sim. The second one, anyone could just do themselves.

I see comments about fewer trees etc at airports, but do they start to increase again as you move away from the airport?

So does this change things dynamically...

Actually reading the description answers the question:

Dear Simmers, FSX Fiber Acclerator is here ! For the first time in FSX, we directly, in real-time, dynamically inserting FSX tweaks without touching fsx.cfg. Using revultionary techniques we draw power from where you DON'T need (in example while you are on the ground, from drawn graphics 80 miles away) and bring you this power to where you DO need (in example to better frame rate and better graphics quality around the airport).

See: http://store.thefsps.com/product_info.php?products_id=54

Fr. Bill    

On topic:

Sounds like a smart piece of programming. Is the Application multi-core aware? (so you can tell it which core to run in for example).

Off Topic:

Just imagine if this was applied to real life relationships. Smooth out those bumpy moments. One minute you are in a heated disagreement, the next; Nothings a bother!! Oh the harmony. :rolleyes:

If it makes the whole thing smoother it's amazing! I remember reading loads if stuff about gaming in general and they said games being able to adjust their settings on the fly to keep at locked framerates was the next big thing, and very difficult to do

Would it be possible to download the manual before downloading the demo so that I can read about the settings ahead of time before starting the trial.

Thanks.

Would it be possible to download the manual before downloading the demo so that I can read about the settings ahead of time before starting the trial.

Thanks.

There's really no need for that. After the installer has run, you can just browse to where it's been installed and open/read the "Manual.pdf" before running the demo program.

Fr. Bill    

Thanks, this community is so friendly.

You noticed that, huh? It is one of the surliest hobbies I have.  :(

- Bill Magann

You noticed that, huh? It is one of the surliest hobbies I have.  :(

Be very glad that you don't participate in my tournament bridge club's forums then... :Just Kidding:

Seriously, answering a question asked is now consider surly? :Shocked:

Fr. Bill