Sign in to follow this  
edetroit

Tallinn, Estonia EETN/TLL released…….

Hi Joseph,

I recall that I had problems with CTDs at EFHK some years ago. I cannot remember how I solved it unfortunately. I think it was a bad AI traffic texture, or possibly a replacement texture for the airport apron.

Cheers,

Graeme Butler

Hi WingZ,

how is the new Saab 340 in your eyes?

Until now, the Baltics area was my GA playground only. The Saab could be an option, expecially as it's Scandinavian, too.

Thanks!

Harald

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Harald you have to remember it's a 10 Euro model, so there are maybe some rough poly's and other bits to criticise.

Having said that, you get the 340 plus the 2000, and it's amazing how many bits and pieces they modelled into the VC, and how many repaints are available.

Works for me, but then I am also delighted with all Carenado offerings.

Thanks WingZ for your response. Indeed, expecially the Saab 340 may become a plane for me then.

(BTW I love my Carenado C185...)

But now I think of abandoning my "crossing the Sahara" project and beginning a new "Around the Baltic Sea" flight soon. I did one in 2013, and with the new Scenery offerings it may become even more satisfying.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Yes the Sahara is always there, if the weather gets foul :)

A Baltic Sea tour, perhaps with pictures, comments and updated links would be keenly followed, I am sure. There's so much there, one doesn't know what to leave out!  

So I took the plunged and purchased EETN and even though I will probably be transferring across to FSX or p3d in the near future I was not disappointed in handing over my money for this well done airport...

I'm interested in seeing how his New York airports turn out in FS9..

I will probably be transferring across to FSX or p3d in the near future

Flukey now that P3D v2.3 has been released don't even consider FSX unless you need to fly PMDG now.

P3D is stable, looks better (cloud shadows are just fabulous) and continues to be developed by Lockheed Martin.  FSX is abandonware.

I fly predominately low and slow GA (Australia and New Zealand only - ORBX) in P3D and world-wide commercial in FS9.  Best of both worlds.

Flukey now that P3D v2.3 has been released don't even consider FSX unless you need to fly PMDG now.

P3D is stable, looks better (cloud shadows are just fabulous) and continues to be developed by Lockheed Martin.  FSX is abandonware.

I fly predominately low and slow GA (Australia and New Zealand only - ORBX) in P3D and world-wide commercial in FS9.  Best of both worlds.

Ok thanks for the tip...Its starting to get confusing on which way to go LOL

First things first I need to get this PC upgraded in order to run it the way I want it to run, but my main reason for the move is PMDG, the Aerosoft Airbus plus the current batch of Airports coming onto the market which look amazing and are fsx/p3d only...(due to the new design capabilities to keep those frames down, making it impossible to port back).

So basically all the new taxi2gate range plus many more we are starting to see......Also and this is only a rumor (sorry no link but a source of mine) that Flytampa are possibly finished with FS9, so for me Flytampa Sydney will be the big motivation for the move (due to the design reasons mentioned above)!!

Luckily a lot of the airports I have purchased over the years have both FS9/FSX included...

My only concern with FSX is the OOM problems and the frame issues that I constantly read about associated with a good number of Ai and programs to like rex, activesky, etc etc...as I do love seeing my sim come to life!!

On a positive note a mate of mine has finally upgraded and has not had a single OOM issue and does a ton of long haul flights with many bells and whistles, so maybe there's hope yet LOL

Plus Ive seen his fsx setup and it does look pretty good visually (taking nothing away from FS9 as I'm still very happy visually with the effort I have put into getting that way ;))

Flukey as I see it you have two options. Buy FSX Gold on Steam via Dovetail Games or buy P3D with a 30 day money back ... try before you REALLY buy.

PMDG are 'sort of' committed to P3D, although their aircraft will cost more for that platform and release is any mans guess.

FlyTampa Sydney is eagerly awaited and I shall purchase the P3D version since, as already mentioned, I do all my Australian flying on that platform.

I already own FSX Gold, purchased it on a sale at EB games a while back for like $12/$15 just for the sake of having it as at the time I was planning on upgrading my  PC before a few out of my control factors changed that...

I'll probably instal FSX anyway as I have a few addons that came with FS9/FSX installer just to give it a go..

I was hopeful of finally seeing a quality YSSY in fs9 and if it does happen awesome but if not I understand the reasons...Just means I'm going to have to suck up to the missus even more HAHA

So where is Estonia anyway????  After reading all of these responses I'm confused.  Scandinavia? Austrailia? PMDG?  P3D? FSX? Sahara? SAAB? Vilnius? ..........

The FS2004 Forum Experience: broadens the mind!

FS9Tour.jpg

Cool. Another occassion I look for the reputation buttons. Gwillmott and WingZ both get one from me.

By the way, I crossed the Sahara in two legs and now I'm on my way to north, to the Baltics.

Meanwhile we read some remarkable posts in Stanislaws forum and at his site:

http://drzewiecki-design.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4412#4412

If it will be a destination east from me, I will buy it.

Regards,

Harald

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg