Sign in to follow this  
ZKOKQ

FTX: Global openLC Europe Released

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

$40 just for Europe and also requires Global base and also "strongly" suggesting vector.  Just re-write the globe already, put a $300 price tag on it and get it over with.. This nickel and diming per region is tiring.. 

CYLrzxr.gif

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

I think the price originally was $20, but it turned out to be a lot more work hence the 40 bucks price tag.

Your right though, gets very expensive indeed.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Some comparison shots with UTX Europe would be awesome.

But all these things are becoming just too expensive indeed. FTX Global already made a huge hole in my pockets...

I'm waiting for them to start selling addon sequels of their addons

"Orbx PNW for Orbx Global and Orbx Vector only!!"  No discount for previous PNW owners!! Pay us again!!

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

I won't buy EU but I'll buy NA when it comes out...but I have to get Vector first.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I have GEX & UTX, so I don't see the need to outlay a large amount of money. I would rather spend on addon airports and aircraft.

All of the Orbx costumers have fallen for the consumer trap. "Are new product requires this product" and such. FTX Global cost 100USD. Vector cost around 60usd. Look at both products. They cover the globe and that is good, are they accurate, not necessarily. Vector v1.0 had so many issues with the OSM data reported, if you go to Asia with FTX Global and Vector all you have are the main roads, no detailed urban road areas and building on hills pointing 60%. The only thing very accurate about Orbx are their regions. FTX Global textures are really good but they are just not accurate everywhere. So why should we play for a new product that just includes a bit more textures and auto-gen for an unfinished product that is supposedly the keystone of orbx and a not accurate enough vector data. 

Dane Quartel 

This is landclass never seen before 36 us dollars seems very doable and fair to me

Rich Sennett

This is landclass never seen before 36 us dollars seems very doable and fair to me

They need to prove why it's worth the ridiculous price they are asking.  Throughout the history of FSX landclass has come and gone.. From free, to very fairly priced per what it covered. ie: SceneryTech = $19 for Europe.

Orbx seems to have a "It's us, so just pay more" philosophy.  No doubt they are good at what they do but that doesn't mean they don't have to actually sell me first.. $40 landclass that only consists of Europe is insanity. Especially when it requires a $100 purchase first.

Get the heck out of here.. 

There will be no comparison to any other LC made the quality will far exceed anything done before it - ton of work went into this and thats why it is justified - its not some generic LC like all the others from what I have seen

By the way the file size is 9.5 gig - thats no ordinary LC also

And a description of it - seems like a very nice upgrade for the cost

• Hand crafted landclass for 10 million sq km
  • Thousands of superb new textures
  • Greatly reduced texture repetition!
  • Full five seasons support
  • New 3D night lighting
  • Made for FTX Global and VECTOR
  • Four separate installers for convenience
  • Each geographic area feels unique
  • Stunning Mt Vesuvius photoreal
  • The first of seven Orbx "mega regions"
  • A whole new Europe to explore!

Rich Sennett

Ok but how do you know this? Orbx prey on people who follow the "Orbx made it so it must be good, shutup and take my wallet" philosophy.  

My wallet is right [=] here..

Why is Orbx landclass better than the tons of free, and other payware landclass.

Sell me.. 

And go...

What Orbx recommend

Global =100.00

Vector =60.00

FS Global Mesh =90.00

EU LC 40.00

USA 40.00

Asia  40.00

Africa  40.00

Canada 40.00

Oceania 40.00

Grand total 490.00

Global  investment is starting to pay off. Just look at the new PNG screenshots from the simmers themselves, its beyond stunning! So they will keep expanding the new airport/Global idea and that's worth global alone and then you have free upgrades and now Landclass.

I don't have Global yet as I have all the regions but as a simmer for life it offers to much not to have it..

ZORAN

What Orbx recommend

Global =100.00

Vector =60.00

FS Global Mesh =90.00

EU LC 40.00

USA 40.00

Asia  40.00

Africa  40.00

Canada 40.00

Oceania 40.00

Grand total 490.00