Sign in to follow this  
carlito777

Majestic Dash 8 Q400 Patch With P3Dv2 Compatibility Released

How do install the DQ400 in P3Dv2? I want to use it on both platforms but I read somewhere that P3D has to be on the same HD as FSX. Is this still true or is there maybe another solution? Currently I can't have both platforms on the same HD (not enough space!).

Harry

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Just point the main installer to the Prepar3d Folder instead of FSX, the installer of the newest patch lets you choose P3D...
Works fine for me.

Harry,

It's true that if you have the Q400 installed on one platform and want to install it on the other, they both must be on the same physical hard drive. It's an anti piracy thing.

NAX669.png

Harry,

It's true that if you have the Q400 installed on one platform and want to install it on the other, they both must be on the same physical hard drive. It's an anti piracy thing.

I personally don't care for that as I have 3 sims on 3 separate SSD's! Now I have to "burn" another install counter in order to use in both P3D and/or FSX. But, I guess IF it has been optimized for P3D, not just an installer, just use it P3D.

I personally don't care for that as I have 3 sims on 3 separate SSD's! Now I have to "burn" another install counter in order to use in both P3D and/or FSX. But, I guess IF it has been optimized for P3D, not just an installer, just use it P3D.

Sorry I don't understand what you mean with "just use it P3D" ? Meanwhile I tried to install it but I get a "cannot connect to server" error. But maybe this is a different thing.

Cheers,

Harry

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I personally don't care for that as I have 3 sims on 3 separate SSD's!

I had the same situation. After I installed the Q400 on P3D if I tried to use the one in FSX, after I loaded it it would bounce continuously. I did some research and that was the answer I found. You might want to confirm it with Majestic before you do a reinstall.

NAX669.png

well done Majestic,and all for FREE!!!!! I wonder how you managed to do it?,thank you very much,nice to see a quality add on developer looking after their customer,s

peter

Is the PRO version finished .. not waiting on fixes or SP's?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I had the same situation. After I installed the Q400 on P3D if I tried to use the one in FSX, after I loaded it it would bounce continuously. I did some research and that was the answer I found. You might want to confirm it with Majestic before you do a reinstall.

That what occurs with improper registration/anit piracy. My question is still no installer for P3DV2.2? I guess Ill have to uninstall for FSX reinstall for P3D, there goes another installer countdown? If it is P3Dv2.2 "Compatible", why no dedicated installer? Confusing

What is the reinstall countdown limit?

This aircraft cannot be installed into both FSX and P3D V2.2 at the same time?

Best Regards,

What is the reinstall countdown limit?

This aircraft cannot be installed into both FSX and P3D V2.2 at the same time?

You are only allowed so many installs. 5 I believe? You tell me, can you install it in both FSX and P3dv2 simultaneously? i'm trying now but can't connect to MJ servers.

You are only allowed so many installs. 5 I believe? You tell me, can you install it in both FSX and P3dv2 simultaneously? i'm trying now but can't connect to MJ servers.

Thanks for the follow up.

Looks like I will not be getting this aircraft.

Best Regards,

Thanks for the follow up.

Looks like I will not be getting this aircraft.

If you run out of installs, simply log a support ticket with Majestic Software asking to reset your install limit and it will be done.