Sign in to follow this  
PDX Flyer

Whatever Happened To Realair?

I actually would probably buy RA's 172 because like everyone else their planes just feel right to hand fly, and I too own the A2A Cessna. I still really enjoy RA's Scout package, and have made some custom wood grain panels for it to keep it fresh. I really wish they would do a Super Cub, its such a common plane in the bush, and the FR Super Cubs are kinda dated looking, and their Ultra needs a graphics fix. Even a RA Scout V2 would be an instant buy for me. However it works out Im glad RA is still plugin along! Thanks Rob for updating us all as to your status.

Chris Strobel KSNA

original.jpg

I would. Much as I like the A2A 172, it would be nice to have one that I can actually trim...but that aside, I still would have bought the RealAir version.

+1

Ernest Pergrem

I have the Duke V2 and I can honestly say its my favorite out of the 30 or so payware planes I have.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

How about a light ampib single like a Lake Renegade or Seawind 3000?  Those would be fun touring, having the option to land on water, while having a reasonable cruise speed.  I don't think any developer has anything like that on their books, they might be a good seller.

http://www.seawind.net/

Cheers

TJ

Would be nice but I think there's an FSX bug with seaplanes that sit low in the water. The water comes "into" the VC. But ya, I've always enjoyed those Lake aircraft.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I'll buy an upgraded SF260.

Some of the suggestions above would also interest me such as a Jungmann, Grumman Tiger, Mooney (231 with steam gauges) or Super Cub

RealAir tends to pick unique airplanes that are a little more off the beaten path.  The criteria seems more to be, 'Is it fun to fly?', much less if the plane is a common sight in the real world.  If every developer were to do some variant of the King Air, RealAir would be the one doing the Starship.  I am very glad they do too.  Would you rather drive a common minivan or a rare sports car?  

I bet they will find some project that will totally come out of left field, something that we wouldn't have guessed.  I look forward to it. B)

Do any of you guys remember the Prowler (homebuilt)? Specifically the sound of the Prowler? :smile:

Nahhh... That'd never sell enough copies, lol.

Looking forward to the v2 turbine. Would love to see a mooney, something with a bit of go about it.

-Iain Watson-

How about a light ampib single like a Lake Renegade or Seawind 3000?  Those would be fun touring, having the option to land on water, while having a reasonable cruise speed.  I don't think any developer has anything like that on their books, they might be a good seller.

http://www.seawind.net/

Cheers

TJ

Well I just picked up the Republic Seabee (Aerosoft) at SimMarket's sale - sure hope the water doesn't come into it's cockpit!

I would. Much as I like the A2A 172, it would be nice to have one that I can actually trim...but that aside, I still would have bought the RealAir version.

Why can't you trim the A2A version? Is it not supposed to be capable of that? :huh:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Likewise love the RA Aircraft I have bought duke/duke2/turbine and Legacy. I did pick up A2a's 172 thought it was a shame that you were both doing the same aircraft as unlikely to buy unless it offers anything greatly different. It's a shame ,maybe liaise with A2A so doesn't happen again ?

A2A and Realair are great examples to this industry , great products and great customer service !

You never know though could be tempted..... :-)

All the best Rob

3080rtx  on a i7 12700k with 32 Gig ddr5. 2gig Ssd

Quest 2

Windows 11

An Aero Commander would be great, especially one of the later turboprop versions with steam gauges.