Sign in to follow this  
PDX Flyer

Whatever Happened To Realair?

I admit that although I have time in the C172, and admit it is a competent trainer, it is one of the most boring aircraft in the sky.  I guess Kiki's right, only Rob can judge the feasibility of continuing development of it. 

My personal vote would be for RA to redirect their considerable talents to a more interesting and challenging aircraft (Turbo Commander  hint hint) or just update the wonderful SF260 to their current standard.

Although I would love to see a Real Air Turbo Commander, an update of the already brilliant Turbine Duke to V2 standard (as done with the amazing piston Duke) would be fantastic. For some time now the Turbine Duke has been one of my favourite GA twins to fly in FSX - it is beautifully modelled both internally, externally and from a systems viewpoint and a really stable platform for practicing IFR procedures.

Bill

I believe they are currently working on updating the Turbine Duke which will be fanstastic when done I'm sure....

I'll get their 172 if it ever gets released. I don't own A2A version because I'm not into the maintenance feature that they have. Not really sure if you can fly it without doing a walk around. Plus I like RealAir prices much better. ;-)

You can fly the A2A 172 without the maintance if you wish. There are shortcuts built into the program to accomodate this if desired.

Dudley HenriquesA2A

Great news: The Turbine Duke V2 will be released within the next few weeks!

Thanks for the link, guess what I am going to buy for my GTN units :BigGrin:

And some bad news: The C172 has been canceled.

Their .air file (available in the library) is brilliant!  I use it on the A2A C172.  Spins, slow flight...it's excellent.  Doesn't seem to impact the maintenance aspects of the aircraft at all.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Cant wait for some new aircraft from realair. Not so interested in all the v2 of the same aircraft.

Kimo

It's good to hear that version 2 of the Turbine Duke will be fully compatible with P3D!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Sad about the 172, although I do understand.  I have the A2A 172, but would still have purchased the RA version.  Oh well...

Would like to see an updated Scout package,  but not expecting it.

This is great news. The Turbine Duke with GTN 750 unit. NICE!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

The Realair Duke looks nice but in reality it's a very rare aircraft. I wish we could see some more common aircraft in the future e.g. Aero Commander 500, Navajo, Caravan or the Duchess.

I like that they do rare hotrods... Considering the T Duke v1 came in what 2011... An update is totally desirable, plus it will have GTN integration plus p3d which is good too

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |