Sign in to follow this  
Hopkinsstevea

Opus For X-Plane Is It Possible And Would You Want It ?

There is also FSRealWX out there for XP.

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

There is also FSRealWX out there for XP.

Tried that one. Seemed OK except whenever weather updates happen it causes major wind shifts that tend to displace the aircraft a lot.

When using EFASS UltraWX the transitions seem to be a lot smoother.

I think Pilot's FSGRW weather generator will be available for X-Plane before too long. This is my weather generator of choice. No gimmicks, just the weather. Those who like realism, the local weather effects coded into the software is great. You can now arrive in Madeira and expect wind shifts, up and down drafts from adjoining terrain as you would in a real approach. This should be fun.

I think Pilot's FSGRW weather generator will be available for X-Plane before too long. This is my weather generator of choice. No gimmicks, just the weather. Those who like realism, the local weather effects coded into the software is great. You can now arrive in Madeira and expect wind shifts, up and down drafts from adjoining terrain as you would in a real approach. This should be fun.

That's great to know Michel!!!! We need that in X-Plane, and FSGRW was already great in doing this sort of detailed local phenomena for FSX :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I don't think FSGRW have made announced any evidence of progress other than it's been on their roadmap since XPX has been released.

I think Pilot's FSGRW weather generator will be available for X-Plane before too long...

Any links to back this up?

The grapevine has been quiet. Too quiet.

Any links to back this up?

The grapevine has been quiet. Too quiet.

Dave, it looks like the message on their website has been there for some time. Maybe they don't have anything in production at the moment.

On 7/29/2014 at 4:11 AM, Hopkinsstevea said:

I don't know if its possible and how much work is involved but who would like to see Opus for X-Plane? Maybe if we get enough people to respond we might be able to convince the developer that X-Plane is a viable market. If any moderators object please feel free to delete the post. 

with Xplane 11....it sure is a viable market now....just champing at the bit to run it with Xplane....after years of service on FS9,fsX, P3d....why wouldn't it??? Id hate to have to buy 

Stephen?

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2