Sign in to follow this  
scianoir

Norway freeware - absolutely incredible

They all look prretty good to me! The great advantage in terms of realism in FSX is that, unless you are very familiar with a place in the real world, you can suspend belief and it doesn't really matter at all if it is not absolutely accurate as good scenery is very enjoyable providing the overall appearance looks real to your brain! Clearly however if you live in Bergen you might want the most accurate possible depiction of the city.

Bill

I've been rocking Norway freeware for years! Ever since I needed some challenging flying for my old-school Dreamwings Dash 8/Fanda merge. I'm surprised it's taken you guys this long to catch on! ;)

Really all the Nordic countries have fantastic freeware scenery. Over the last year or two I've installed Denmark (http://www.fsonline.dk/en/index.php?title=Main_Page, Faroe Islands, Lennart Arvidsson's Sweden 2011 (For the Wallander fans ;) ) and a host of freeware airports.

Great little trips in Dash's and good fun with Atlantic Airways' RJ100's to be had. It's also a great region to fly VATSIM in. A good area to get used to European procedures with great ATC.

Bill and Lars,

Thanks for those links.  I donwloaded Photoreal1 last night in under an hour.  Awesome.  Installed it and then Photoreal2 over the top of that and took a short testflight at dawn.

Amazing!  Thanks for this post and thanks for all the help and work everyone has done bringing this to us.

Randy

Lars,

I looked at the "downloads" tab, the "database" tab, and the "other downloads" tab in "downloads" and saw nothing even remotely looking like photoreal1 or photreal 2 downloads.  This suddenly became critical because I just now tried to unzip the 6 hour flightsim download of photoreal1 and got the "file corrupted or empty" warning.  I'm not going through 6 hours again, regardless of how immersive the photoreal scenery is.

Randy

Hello Randy.

You can use this site for downloads.

Click on the download menu airports of Norway, and a New menu will pop up With photopac 1 and 2 to choose from.

Lars Peter.

I have read all the posts and have missed a download site for the scenery. Can some kind soul please post it. Thanks, Bob.

Look here Bob: http://www.flightsimnorway.com. I think you can find most of the scenery packages there.

Click the "Addons" button, then click "Downloads" on the page that comes up.

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Bill and Lars,

Thanks for those links.  I donwloaded Photoreal1 last night in under an hour.  Awesome.  Installed it and then Photoreal2 over the top of that and took a short testflight at dawn.

Amazing!  Thanks for this post and thanks for all the help and work everyone has done bringing this to us.

Randy

Glad you got it up and running - I think you will agree it was worth the hassle in the end!

I have read all the posts and have missed a download site for the scenery. Can some kind soul please post it. Thanks, Bob.

Here is another link with fast and up to date downloads.

http://digisatt.com/download/index.htm

Bill

Bill

That site is great Bill, no fuss, and got everything except the mesh as far as I can see.

Thanks!

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

I've been rocking Norway freeware for years! Ever since I needed some challenging flying for my old-school Dreamwings Dash 8/Fanda merge. I'm surprised it's taken you guys this long to catch on! ;)

Really all the Nordic countries have fantastic freeware scenery. Over the last year or two I've installed Denmark (http://www.fsonline.dk/en/index.php?title=Main_Page, Faroe Islands, Lennart Arvidsson's Sweden 2011 (For the Wallander fans ;) ) and a host of freeware airports.

Great little trips in Dash's and good fun with Atlantic Airways' RJ100's to be had. It's also a great region to fly VATSIM in. A good area to get used to European procedures with great ATC.

Does anyone know where to find Lennart Arvidssons scenery, I can't seem to find it anymore, apparantly there is a Sweden 2011 South out there as well.  Searching around has proved fruitless for me.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Look here Bob: http://www.flightsimnorway.com. I think you can find most of the scenery packages there.

Click the "Addons" button, then click "Downloads" on the page that comes up.

Thanks Penz. Regards, Bob.

Glad you got it up and running - I think you will agree it was worth the hassle in the end!

Bill

Thanks Bill. That's even faster. Regards, Bob.

Does anyone know where to find Lennart Arvidssons scenery, I can't seem to find it anymore, apparantly there is a Sweden 2011 South out there as well. Searching around has proved fruitless for me

Here you go Bryan!

http://www.rbdesign.se/scenery2.html

Have just downloaded about 30 Swedish FSX airports from this site but haven't installed them yet.  I cannot however find any comparable landclass/scenery to Norway but yesterday I installed the Danish scenery freeware (Denmark Scenery and Denmark Map together with a number of available freeware airports for Denmark) and the result again is absolutely excellent, although Denmark being relatively flat, the scenery is not as dramatic as Norway.

Seems like I will be doing a lot of flying around Scandinavia!

Bill

Hey Bill, this is the mother load, never found that in my search...beautiful....Malmo here we come.  How to thank these folks?

I agree with you about Denmark and flat.  I actually had no idea until I build up the denmark package....things we can learn from flight simming.

Thanks, Bryan

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Hey Bill, this is the mother load, never found that in my search...beautiful....Malmo here we come. How to thank these folks?

We owe a lot to the teams that developed the Scandinavian freeware and indeed to all those good folks who give their time to developing freeware for us of any sort.

One thing that always irritates me a bit is when I see someone on a forum lambasting freeware irrespective of it's quality - I always think that is very disingenuous and must be very demoralising to the people who have put the time and effort into it without any thought of reward. Payware is different - you have parted with your money and are entitled to criticise if you feel the standard is not up to what you expect for your hard earned cash. Clearly however that does not apply to this freeware which is of amazing quality and would be difficult to criticise even as payware!

I just hope that the developers of all this great Scandinavian freeware read some of these posts and realise that there are many of us out their who appreciate their efforts and are very grateful to them for their wonderful and generous gifts to us.

Bill