Sign in to follow this  
smakar

64-bit Conversion

Again sorry to go off topic, but I couldn't resist.

Did anyone notice that their website has X-Plane 10's cover banner on their homepage without any credit to Austin? (X-Plane's developer) I sure hope they paid for a license to put it there.

This is X-Plane 10's picture of the 737: http://i.imgur.com/vkXgB2K.jpg

This is what I found on FlightReal's homepage: http://i.imgur.com/ZONHkAb.png

All they did was darken the image. But clearly that's X-Plane's banner photo. Now ain't that the same eh? :ph34r: (please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong)

Read the previous posts.

I am not saying this program necessarily converted FSX from 32 bit to 64 bit (I think they gave a wrong title to their program) but i think what they are trying here is getting FSX to use more than 4 Gb of memory.

Which is yet to be seen. 

Someone already established that the 737 on both sites was a stock royalty-free aviation shot.

Plus they used screenshots from Orbx. (1st, 3rd and 5th)

The 3rd screenshot is KSFF Felts Field in Spokane, WA, that's quite a ways from Brazil, lol.

Did anyone notice that their website has X-Plane 10's cover banner on their homepage without any credit to Austin?

That Xplane image is stock royalty free photo. if you pay for the photo you can use it. they are not XPLANE or laminar Research owned.

lolz

50640411.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Message from flightreal owner on Airdaily X

Darek 6 hours ago

Hello everyone. I'm the current CEO of Flightreal Simulations. I'd like to inform you that this is indeed a working program.

You will experience 10-20FPS increase.

For those writing these articles, please do remember we are a business and you need to do research prior to saying negative things about us.

We do offer press versions so you are able to try it out."

\

http://www.airdailyx.net/fsnewsbreaker/2014/8/16/flightreal-or-flightjoke

Ok i got it and have been testing it, now I am going to max out fsx and try to break the 4gb barrier. I will return soon with results. 

i think what they are trying here is getting FSX to use more than 4 Gb of memory

The basis of using more than 4GB but still be 32bit is not easy WITH source code.

But to do that without FSX source code again is impossible.

My point: unless they are top notch coders AND have FSX source code, you are better off saving that few bucks.

Now I think I warned enough. It's up to people to decide now and I shall get back to my hole of coding for the Airbus.

Joshua C.

WSSS

coloraerosofta320extdev.png

My point: unless they are top notch coders AND have FSX source code, you are better off saving that few bucks.

I understand what you are saying Joshua. I actually would like to hear from the developer about the legitimacy of the scenery they are selling regardless of how this 64 bit program works. 

I don't want to pass any judgement yet but I won't be supporting a developer who is stealing someone else's work without permission/ giving due credit.

Cheers

He only said that FSX would be able to run in a 64-bit environement

So what

Is not my Win 8.1 a 64 bit environment?

No big deal, he never said it turns it into a 64 bit program.

Damn, I forgot my popcorn and beer before starting to read this thread.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

I wanted it to work so bad!!! So I bought it, installed it (no manual or instructions btw, but pretty straight forward) and ran it. Started up at KLAX and tried to fly to KONT in a PMDG 737 with most of the sliders maxed and a LOD of 6.5. Made it to TOC @ 5000 ft and then crashed at around 3.6gb of VAS.  :wacko: 

crash.jpg

Anyone tried it and set their FSX up with all sliders to the right and lod radius to 8.0...?

With FSX right now Can go up to around almost 3.4 Gb Memory before OOM .

Curious if anyone has it running over 4 Gb.

The best thing they can do is sent a press release to Avsim and let them try it.

If it is working it will be the best marketing they can get....

@Jordan : thanks for posting.

But we need some more people who bought it to test.

And this is still an alpha/beta program....

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0