Sign in to follow this  
smakar

64-bit Conversion

Why don't some people donate 50cents until avsim has the $13 to buy then a AVSIM expert tests with impartial results then we may get a finding that's true just a thought. I'd be happy to donate. :)

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

Screw it, for 12 bucks Ill buy it and try my "stress test" that is infamous for giving me OOM's. I will report back. 

Just fly around NYC for a lil bit and your VAS should climb well beyond 4GB... That's all the benchmarking that needs to be done... I could care less about the FPS impact.

Would have been good if they gave a copy to a reputable poster, say one of the AVSIM mods. I never have OOMs, but I'm curious.

I'd like to see a test to go over (by a large amount) the 4GB limit and see if the program still runs.

If I had it I'd try a scenario like the following:

WX multiple cloud layers

LOD radius over 4.5

REX HD clouds at 4096

FSX CFG with 4096 set as max texture load

PMDG 777

GSX enabled

Either RJAA from Wing Creations or DDesigns NYC airports with Manahattan X enabled

Although some have said "it's just $13", think about if you would give that away to a stranger in your day to day life. If not, why do it on the internet will your valuable info (and control of said info) can go floating away to who knows where...

My advice is to be wary... If it comes back that the program works, most folks using FSX's heavy addons will purchase. If not, you just saved yourself one ticket to the movies or whatever it is you choose to spend your money on.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

I'd like to see a test to go over (by a large amount) the 4GB limit and see if the program still runs.

If I had it I'd try a scenario like the following:

WX multiple cloud layers
LOD radius over 4.5
REX HD clouds at 4096
FSX CFG with 4096 set as max texture load
PMDG 777
GSX enabled
Either RJAA from Wing Creations or DDesigns NYC airports with Manahattan X enabled

You can easily run this test and please post your results back here when you are done!

If not, why do it on the internet will your valuable info (and control of said info) can go floating away to who knows where...

PayPal is incredibly safe.

You can easily run this test and please post your results back here when you are done!

LOL :LMAO: Edited by linux731

I sure can. If I bought it. I'll let Diego post his first.  :Waiting:

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

For anyone testing this:

Look at see if any new processes open when this is run with FSX. It's possible they found a way to split the memory load between two instances of VAS. This was done many time before the 64bit switch over for high quality virtual instrument software for music. (libraries that take over 4gb were split among multiple instances rather than one)

It's certainly possible to write a 32 bit application that can access 16 GB of memory. However is it possible to patch an existing application like FSX to do this? Also, switching around between areas of virtual memory is bound to create a performance hit of some kind.

I found this blog which discusses this.

http://blog.superuser.com/2011/04/23/want-lots-of-ram-stop-using-32-bits/

The screenshot they reference on their web site shows fsx.exe with 5 GB+ memory (private working set)..

Screenshots could be "enhanced". ;)

ki9cAAb.jpg