Sign in to follow this  
smakar

64-bit Conversion

I have purchased it, and can report that it doesn't work - not as advertised anyway.

This had NOTHING to do with 32-to-64bit conversion.

It does something, I admit... FSX crashes for me, around 3,2GB (and not 2,7-2,8 GB) now... and I experience a performance gain - quite significant, though... It's a scam, in the sense, that it promises to do something, which it clearly is NOT doing... I've tried emailing their support, but haven't gotten a reply back - not sure, that I ever will...

Also, it seems to let FSX continue even though it's out of VAS - textures aren't loading, and it's REALLY choppy... But the overall memory-usage remains the same, once you get the 'dreaded' OOM message from Windows - but you can continue, as long as you don't click 'OK'.

I have had NO issues with this software, with regards to ActiveSky Next and the workings of this program in conjunction... 

I don't know... It's only $13, so I don't wanna make a big 'federal' case about it... (if it were $40 or $50, it would have been a different story). 

On last remark - please, gents -- try not to be TOO condecending, regarding this piece of software, as it reflects back on the people who (were stupid, naive enough?) purchased it... :) 

Just a personal reflection... 

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

First time I hear something like that. And I keep flying with unlimited FPS as it makes my performance at heavy airports better (around 5-10 frames more which does matter). Could you provide any source you have based this statement on? I am always open to change my mind or get educated, especially about FSX which is such a hard beast to tame.

Sorry I can't remember where I read it (somewhere here or maybe somewhere else). Since than I have always kept my FPS to 30. Maybe I was a fool  :wacko:

Also, it seems to let FSX continue even though it's out of VAS - textures aren't loading,

This used to happen to me even without any of this converter rubbish.

Whenever I get an OOM error and FSX goes into windowed mode , I just ALT+ENTER back into full screen mode and play on ignoring the popup completely. 

This used to happen to me even without any of this converter rubbish.
Whenever I get an OOM error and FSX goes into windowed mode , I just ALT+ENTER back into full screen mode and play on ignoring the popup completely. 

Okay... Never happend to me before this... :)

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

There's a customer born every minute. I read the book and I've experienced it at AVSIM.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I don't know... It's only $13, so I don't wanna make a big 'federal' case about it... (if it were $40 or $50, it would have been a different story).

I'm sure that's exactly what they wanted the customer to think when they made this tool. At the end of the day it's probably not gonna be the miracle solution for anyone and they probably made a few hundreds bucks from it, without anybody complaining too much.

Sorry for another off topic post but it saddens me a bit to see how desperate people can be for this kind of things.

Sorry for another off topic post but it saddens me a bit to see how desperate people can be for this kind of things.

It saddens me that people take advantage of those in our community who are so desperate...or shall I say passionate about flight sim.

Zachary Kerr

"I fly a fake plane on my computer and I love it!"

It's a scam, in the sense, that it promises to do something, which it clearly is NOT doing...

Thanks for your assessment. I think there are a lot of FSX addons out in the FSX World that really do not work as promised (for many they do; for many they don't). What did they promise and it "clearly is not doing?" I take, for instance, the PROATC-X product which a lot of people think does not perform as promised but it is not considered a scam (in fact, I really like PROATC-X and think it works as promised). This product just needs tweaking as I understand the developers said it was in beta (or that was in the original thread anyway). Meanwhile they want you to purchase it (I guess for beta testing?).

I personally do not need the product like this as I know my systems limitations. I know I cannot fly with Autogen maxed for longer than an hour so I adjust my sliders accordingly and enjoy all of my 1-2 hour flights. Autogen is definitely the culprit causing the OOM's as it was proven my LM techs in P3DV2. So, if your system cannot handle Autogen, turn it down or off. FSX is an old game and pushing the sliders to max will not work for everyone. I use the settings in the AVSIM FSX Configuration Guide w/no tweaks employed (except LOD_Radius set at 6.5 and Texture_Max_Load at 2048 (which is HD)).

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

It blows my mind that people are buying into this.

If the developer is offering free copies to media for review, why not just wait for someone else to review it? 

Until a legitimate source verifies the developer's claims, this guy is no different from other shoddy developers or straight up scam artists like Ariane and FSX Genius. 

Just some added info:  Jorge has confirmed on AirDailyX that it is indeed a scam and the scenery is his stolen freeware:

"Hi, I'm the author of Ilheus (SBIL) airport and this "FlightReal" is really a SCAM. They even show images of other products that have nothing to do with SBIL. Please spread this message to all your simmers friends. People car freely download this airport from http://fsbirdhouse.blogspot.com.br/ or http://aussiex.org/forum/.

Regards,

Jorge Amengol."

http://www.airdailyx.net/fsnewsbreaker/2014/8/16/flightreal-or-flightjoke#commenting=

We are getting just too many reports that this 64 bit conversion product is a scam. I am therefore locking this topic. Buyer beware!

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10