Sign in to follow this  
~Craig~

Lionheart Lear 24 released

Is there a native P3D v2.3 installer? I assume you were in P3D when making this video.

Yes and Yes.

Pros:

Great VC

Great textures

Good performance FPS wise

Decent sound (not perfect but better than any other CJ610 rendition)

Throttle response feels realistic (CJ610 is notable for I think a 4 second spool up time from Idle to 100 percent N1)

Cons:

Seems to be way over powered. 

Even in Rob's video he took off with about what 65-75 percent N1?  You can look up any youtube video of a real Lear24B taking off and its 95-100 percent N1 and it climbs out at 3500FPM or so.  Sure it can bust it at 6000FPM+ for a short time but taking off at 65 percent N1 to get that result is certainly not accurate.

I had to get the engines down to 40 percent N1 to keep the plane from going over 200 KIAS at 2500 FT. ( I might also add that it is easily verifiable on videos of the real aircraft that the CJ610 idles at 50 percent N1)

I flat out love the Learjet 20 series.  I have spent a lot of time photographing them, watching videos of them, and reading about them.  So I am a very critical customer in that sense because I would love nothing more than to have an add-on that meets all the criteria that I mentioned. 

I do very much appreciate this add-on and find it to be quite enjoyable with the one glaring issue of being considerably over powered.

Mitchell Haughee

Bill,

Been waiting for this for some time and am definitely going to purchase... the release just caught me out fiscally so it may be end of the month or next b4 the buy can be clicked.. Still Looking very good.

Rob, thanks for you video - and demonstrating the Lear.  P3 V2.3 lighting looks great. Still stuck in FSX however and will be for a while yet.... 

I almost bought this today and would have for sure If it had been a 31but idk I just dont like the looks of the 20 series too short or somthing and the lack of an in panel GPS is a turnoff aswell why he didnt add one where the non function radar is I'll never know.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I almost bought this today and would have for sure If it had been a 31but idk I just dont like the looks of the 20 series too short or somthing and the lack of an in panel GPS is a turnoff aswell why he didnt add one where the non function radar is I'll never know.

The lack of GPS is not a deal breaker for me..would have been nice, but is not faithful to the original so VOR flight Planning is crucial. As for the 20 series, never really considered whether it was too short or too small as I am more concerned with a near realistic flight model, Crisp VC and a little more depth than a "Lite" version.  From what I have seen so far, this meets the desired criteria.

The lack of GPS is not a deal breaker for me..would have been nice, but is not faithful to the original so VOR flight Planning is crucial. As for the 20 series, never really considered whether it was too short or too small as I am more concerned with a near realistic flight model, Crisp VC and a little more depth than a "Lite" version.  From what I have seen so far, this meets the desired criteria.

Its true to 1970s form but I doubt there is a flying Lear 24 without a GPS these days

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

the best Learjet out there for sure, especially for those who love retro commercial jet. this is not Convair 880 but it simulates the similar nuance alright

Gorky Max

One thing I noticed that I will have to figure out is what the texture quality of the VC is kinda fuzzy, not sharp at all.

I've found this with all of the Lionheart aircraft I've bought and thus I tend to leave them now.  

This one is definitely not grabbing me.  Especially the reports above of it being significantly over-powered.   I hate that in a model!    Think Captain Sim 732 et al.  There's just nothing worse for breaking the immersion than a hugely overpowered plane, where you're having to take off at just 65% N1 to get a realistic thrust rate.  

With regards to the visuals, the VC vertainly looks better than the Lionheart screenshots suggest, but I'm not convinced it's much better, if at all, than the Xtreme Prototypes Lear 24, from c.2009.

Xtreme Prototypes Lear 24

120.jpg

248.jpg

327.jpg

I too enjoy the eXtreme Prototypes Lear, although every time I cycle through the interior views and see that ... person ... it makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up!

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

By simplified I mean the startup procedure is simplified. Also, navigation is ADF and VOR only. Old school but true to the era. You have the option of turning the realism settings off (there is a switch under the glareshield), thus making the airplane a get-in-and-go-full-throttle kind of addon. The aircraft is more complex than Carenado but not so complex that you can't jump in for 15 minuted. I think this jet will attract a wide audience.

Todd

Does that RMI work with NAV2? In the manual it says ADF but it should function as a nav2 bearing...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Bought it last night but only had time for a short hop, I would agree with a previous post that it does seem over powered. I look forward to spending more time with it, and I think it will be a fun aircraft, got to love the LearJets....

I would imagine the thrust and power of the engines can be scaled back in the aircraft.cfg?

Cheers

Martin