Sign in to follow this  
LEAPWeaver

PC-12 Bug List/Issues Found

Hmm shouldn't the red level on the central control the mixture? How do you shutdown the plane, I couldn't even find basic pc12 flight instructions?

No, that is the Manual Override (or MOR) lever.

Could be related to my font issues but can someone try entering a squawk code beginning with "0" (e.g. "0612")? The leading zero simply disappears on me.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Could be related to my font issues but can someone try entering a squawk code beginning with "0" (e.g. "0612")? The leading zero simply disappears on me.

No, that is a bug, can be easily fixed.. I've sent the code to Carenado, hopefully they will include it in SP1.

If you need a copy early - contact me..

Bert

Just seen that the flap indicator needle disappears around FLAP 30 when panel lights are on. Must be the same issue with the top GPS not working with the panel lights.

Anyone else see this?

No, that is the Manual Override (or MOR) lever.

Never heard of...how to operate this? I cannot find any documentation on this and how to shutdown the engine.

Alongside with the previous bugs, I was surprised that the main landing gear does not move at all, quite odd since this plane boasts a hinged, articulated leg gear movement during touchdown to soften the landings and to protect it from unpaved airstrips, among other tech reasons. Maybe I'm wrong, but I tried to look outside during landings and... no motion.

Never heard of...how to operate this? I cannot find any documentation on this and how to shutdown the engine.

Simply pull the red Condition Lever (the one on the right hand side of the Power Lever), back to fuel off....

Turn off Avionics masters, Generators, lights and batteries, and you're good to go (home). :smile:

The MOR lever (on the left of the Power Lever) is not functional in this addon - it has no action or effect.

Alongside with the previous bugs, I was surprised that the main landing gear does not move at all, quite odd since this plane boasts a hinged, articulated leg gear movement during touchdown to soften the landings and to protect it from unpaved airstrips, among other tech reasons. Maybe I'm wrong, but I tried to look outside during landings and... no motion.

Same with the PCL and Condition lever. They just slide up and down, where in actuality they pivot about a point inside the center pedestal.

Don't know if it was answered but as far as the flap questions , I have over 1000h on the PC12 45 and 47, and It is correct to say that the PC12 will land with a flap 15 setting on any strip with more then 2500 feet, I also did allot of gravel landing on witch we would use flaps 30 setting and very rarely flaps 40. When flying with no passengers we would time to time do a flap 40 landing with 20kts head wind and stop the aircraft in less then 300 feets with no brake and no reverse. for those sceptical on the PC 12 don,t be it is actually very well modeled. but getting the feel of a real aircraft on a computer is no where possible trust me.

As for issues

1- IAS mode will on climb won't work, never should it be done using VS, this is the most dangerous method unless you plan on having a stall, climb out on IAS mode will be use so that you never increase pitch at low speed but reduce IAS as vertical climb reduces with altitude!

2- Inert separator does not alluminate on CAWS panel when open.

The GPS I really can't say anything positive it has nowhere near the basic fonctions of a 530!

Please note I'm no a programmer so I don't know if the GPS can be close to realistic, but just the flight plan page should be able to locate where you are, direct-direct option should be avilible as well, 

these are the one I have for now, I will keep flying and see what else there is.

(sorry for the english it is not my first language :-)

Marc-Andre

The MOR doesn't appear to have an effect. In reality, it controls engine power in the event of a pneumatic or physical PCL failure by mechanically operating the fuel metering valve. When using it, though, torque and Ng protections are inoperative.

1- IAS mode will on climb won't work, never should it be done using VS, this is the most dangerous method unless you plan on having a stall, climb out on IAS mode will be use so that you never increase pitch at low speed but reduce IAS as vertical climb reduces with altitude!

2- Inert separator does not alluminate on CAWS panel when open.

The GPS I really can't say anything positive it has nowhere near the basic fonctions of a 530!

Marc-Andre

Marc,

If you would like a realistic GNS530, you should invest in an RXP GNS530 unit, assuming you are flying in FSX.

As to the IAS mode, do you have my mods installed?

Bert

Marc,

If you would like a realistic GNS530, you should invest in an RXP GNS530 unit, assuming you are flying in FSX.

As to the IAS mode, do you have my mods installed?

Thanx Bert I'll give a try on your mods,

Unfortunately I'm running it in P3D so no RXP for me ;-)

I'm still waiting for a patch for the missing fonts on the aircraft before it's even usable for me :(

Preselected, cabin temp, transponder, and EHSIs are a bunch of jumbled characters and some numbers in other fonts. I, apparently, am missing another addon/plane that installed these. Would love to install these fixes, not to mention actually fly the plane and do my own systems testing soon!

Heeey Bert !! I don't have it !!! And I have all Carenado's aircrafts from A to Z... 

I think I haven't been a happy person then... Could you please give it to me or direct me how to get it ??

Thank you very much !

Ryzen 9 5950X - Corsair H150i Elite Capellix  / Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero  / 64 GB G. Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4 3600MHz CL16  / ASUS RoG Strix OC  RTX 3090/ M.2 NVMe 4.0 WD Black SN850 - 1Tb / M.2 NVMe 4.0 WD Black SN850 - 2Tb / SSD SATA Samsung EVO 850 - 2Tb  /  Corsair 5000D Airflow Case

Corsair HX1200 PSU / Monitor ASUS PG348Q Ultrawide Monitor / Corsair K95 Platinum keyboard + Razor Naga Pro Mouse /  Virpil WarBRD Base + Constellation Alpha-R Stick + MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle / Track IR 5 / Windows 10 Home 

Offshore Helicopter Sikorsky SK-76 C+/C++ and Airbus H225 CPT - ATPL (H) / PPL (A)

Like most of you I think this is a great aircraft one of Carenado`s best efforts.

I have found the following bugs.

1. The upper GNS 530 switches itself off occasionally and can`t be turned back on.

2. The IAS button on the AP does not work

3. As another has said, the flap indicator seems to disappear.

I am a RW pilot and although not flown a PC12 it will be the aircraft I buy if I win the lottery !

I hope they bring out the NG version.