Sign in to follow this  
Arwen

FTX Global 1.30 Released

"This installer contains all the fixes from 1.10 & 1.20, some new bug fixes as well as resolving the issue with not overwriting default textures in P3Dv2."

Orbx Release Thread

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Great timing! I reinstalled P3D 2.4 from scratch yesterday and decided to wait for this new version. It's as if they waited for me. ;)

Great timing! I reinstalled P3D 2.4 from scratch yesterday and decided to wait for this new version. It's as if they waited for me. ;)

I'm basically doing the same thing (my clouds disappeared and I couldn't repair my installation) so this is the best timing ever.

+1  Do a fresh install yesterday with all sceneries and new ASN and today FTX Global - that's perfect timing....

"This installer can be run over your existing Global installation" (from Orbx site)

Phew!

Thanks didnt even know there was a global update in the works - been waiting on vector which is taking forever

Same. Thanks for the heads up. Been waiting on vector which I though was suppose to be out in August.

Thanks didnt even know there was a global update in the works - been waiting on vector which is taking forever

Rich..I agree..my foot has tapped a hole near the computer desk.... :(

Same here Mitch - same here  :) thinking global update would not be noticed but vector for sure - lets hang in there and hope for the best on vector update - take care Buddy

You're all most welcome. :)

I just discovered that an updated version of Orbx Libraries was released yesterday (140927).  This should be updated after FTX Global Base has been updated to 1.30.

You're all most welcome. :)

I just discovered that an updated version of Orbx Libraries was released yesterday (140927).  This should be updated after FTX Global Base has been updated to 1.30.

Loaded 140927 last night but thanks for the heads up

+1 :Nail Biting:

whats the changes on this new version? THERES NO INFORMATION??

I don't have P3D, but the release notification states " new bug fixes" for FSX and a fix for a P3D issue.  A number of folks have replied to the release posting in the ORBX forum and asked for details regarding the changes and bug fixes, but so far no response from ORBX.

I'll certainly download this huge thing soon, but I wonder if it's even really necessary or worth it?

It appears to look better - hard to explain - seems more detailed performance same - so its good - not played enough but at first glance seems to look better and maybe a tad better detail wise

whats the changes on this new version? THERES NO INFORMATION??

From my opening post: "This installer contains all the fixes from 1.10 & 1.20, some new bug fixes as well as resolving the issue with not overwriting default textures in P3Dv2."

The main issue, which has now apparently been fixed, was the that some of the FTX textures never overwrote P3D2's default textures. I've already noticed the texture improvements, flying around in my home area.

The reason that this update is so large is that it is a complete install of FTX Global Base (so that you no longer need the old 1.10 and 1.20 updates)

been waiting on vector which is taking forever

That and OpenLC North America which was originally scheduled for Q1 2014. Maybe that's Q1 2015 now :lol:

Do NOT install this product over your Global 1.20..for if you do...and you have OpenLC Europe...it will jumble and destroy your installation.  Mine is damaged..and I just went onto the announement for this in the FSX forum..and others are reporting that in Europe, all the textures are jumbled..and OpenLC does NOT work anymore..

DO NOT INSTALL....

I am trying to re-install OpenLC Europe, and HOPE that it corrects itself...same for Vector.  Install at your own risk..and if you have already installed...go to Italy...Naples...and see what you have as you fly around...highways that run over suburbs...to nowhere...jumbled textures...beware!

This is Berlin, Germany, after even re-installing OpenLC Europe. What a mess...the whole ORBX Global installation is destroyed....

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/aJ0

Oh great. Just missed this message after install. Shall check Naples........

It has totally destroyed my ORBX files...look at this...this is Berlin, Germany...everything mixed and morphed. I am sooooo mad....

Do NOT install this product over your Global 1.20..for if you do...and you have OpenLC Europe...it will jumble and destroy your installation.  Mine is damaged..and I just went onto the announement for this in the FSX forum..and others are reporting that in Europe, all the textures are jumbled..and OpenLC does NOT work anymore..

DO NOT INSTALL....

I am trying to re-install OpenLC Europe, and HOPE that it corrects itself...same for Vector.  Install at your own risk..and if you have already installed...go to Italy...Naples...and see what you have as you fly around...highways that run over suburbs...to nowhere...jumbled textures...beware!

This is Berlin, Germany, after even re-installing OpenLC Europe. What a mess...the whole ORBX Global installation is destroyed....

Just checked have global and europe LC and everything worked out fine for me.  I flew around various locations in europe with no issue.

Could it be possible you did not follow the installer directions?  

Just checked have global and europe LC and everything worked out fine for me.  I flew around various locations in europe with no issue.

Nope..did it as normal...and others on the FSX forum..are reporting the same deal...  OpenLC Europe is broken...and tiles are mismatched. I'm going to try to save my installation..and revert back to Global 110 and then 120.  I hope that works...or hours of install have gone down the toilet...

Please post a pic of Berlin at about 1,200 feet and let 's compare mine to yours. That would be most helpful... Take a few around Berlin...