Sign in to follow this  
qaaya

Ultimate Traffic 2, MyTraffic 2013 etc.

I updated or integrated the following airline schedules (aircraft and flightplans) in UT2 this weekend.....

Westjet (started flights to EIDW Dublin with 737-700w; Summer 2014)

Jet2 (installed the new FAIB versions of the 737-300 and 737-800w; Summer 2014)

Flybe (added G-JECY in the new purple colour scheme; Winter 2013/14)

Saudia (replaced the default aircraft and flightplans; Summer 2013; 777-200ER and 300ER to EGLL)

Thomas Cook Airlines (updated the aircraft, including some in the new CS; Summer 2014)

Time consuming work, but I decided that these needed to be done :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I own Traffic 360, UT2 and My Traffic. To be honest, I dumped all of them in favor of the World of AI freeware stuff. I'll never go back to the payware based traffic addons, ever.

Whenever discussions about the best AI traffic program come up I will repeat this:

Since March 2012 it has been firmly established (and acknowledged by Flight1) that UT2 does not show any traffic when you are further away than 30 nm from any shoreline. This will not be fixed by Flight1: "Changes to code or fixes will be extremely limited." The reason given was "that the lead developer on the product is no longer with us."

Whether you consider this to be important for your choice of an AI traffic program is, of course, up to you. Most users, like Jim Skorna, seem not to be bothered that there is no traffic over any open sea.

Regards,

Andreas Gutzwiller

What is supposed to happen to the traffic? Do the planes actually vanish? No planes over open oceans isn't that important to because I only fly around the UK and part of Ireland, but I am curious to know if any disappear when (for example) they are flying over the Irish Sea, or the English Channel.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Most users, like Jim Skorna, seem not to be bothered that there is no traffic over any open sea.

When Jim Skorna is flying at 35K on a transoceanic flight he could give a flying refrigerator as to what AI planes are doing. Jim Skorna cares what AI planes are doing while he is flying over land masses, while he is at a departure airport, while he is taking off, and while he is landing at his destination airport.

He also generates AI flight plans within the UT2 Powerpack that do cross open seas and UT AI Planes do follow these plans.

Jim Skorna will continue to repeat his recommendation that UT2 is the best AI Traffic program to use with FSX. 

So AI planes that have been added via PowerPack fly across oceans, but the default UT2 AI planes do not?? Consider me baffled :huh:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Christopher,

I have always had default UT2 planes/plans that fly over water work. It is the only traffic I have installed into FSX so I know the flights are not from somewhere else. And my PowerPack plans work as well. YMMV!

Crossing the Atlantic and creeping up on a plane at a lower altitude, or who passes you going the opposite direction, is all the fun of long haul. UT2 wont fix this so I will stick with WOAI

When Jim Skorna is flying at 35K on a transoceanic flight he could give a flying refrigerator as to what AI planes are doing. Jim Skorna cares what AI planes are doing while he is flying over land masses, while he is at a departure airport, while he is taking off, and while he is landing at his destination airport.

He also generates AI flight plans within the UT2 Powerpack that do cross open seas and UT AI Planes do follow these plans.

Jim Skorna will continue to repeat his recommendation that UT2 is the best AI Traffic program to use with FSX. 

:lol: :lol: :lol:   Epic post, Jim.  I love it!

Since March 2012 it has been firmly established (and acknowledged by Flight1) that UT2 does not show any traffic when you are further away than 30 nm from any shoreline

Are you sure? Traffic managers would have to delete the object over water, seems a lot of effort.

The traffic managers generally provide a simple reference to the plane to use, time to leave, and the plan containing compatible departure and destinations, at the start of the sim - then the sim gets on with it.

A traffic manager would have to enquire with the sim at intervals to check the locations of the aircraft and delete the objects from the sim when maybe a certain way off.

Ai Aircraft are deleted by the sim anyway as they move outside "the bubble". This maybe serves to delete them 30Nm over water if i'm at an airport say around 40Nm inland.

Since Jim's aircraft fly across the pond, it seems obvious that the 30Nm over water thang is incorrect

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Crossing the Atlantic and creeping up on a plane at a lower altitude, or who passes you going the opposite direction, is all the fun of long haul. UT2 wont fix this so I will stick with WOAI

That's interesting. Does WOAI inject traffic well underway with their plans, over say the mid Atlantic? So as you suggest I can have planes coming the other way passing me in the opposite direction? Something I never got round to testing.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

SteveW,

Many don't understand this idea about a "traffic bubble" and how AI enter and leave this bubble. Some watch planes leave this bubble and they think the plane just vanishes into thin air, and we know this is not the case. The plane just exits the bubble. Slew or fly fast enough and the very same plane will re-enter the bubble and become visible again.

An AI package where you don't have to put hours of work in would be really good. Too much to ask for 40 Euros?

Hi qaaya,

I use MyTraffic X Professional 5.4c in P3D version 2. I don't use FSX any longer. MyTraffic X (not the Aerosoft MyTraffic 2013) has the widest variety of aircraft, and is relatively easy to install and configure; if you can get past the fact that the user interface is rather archaic.

What may interest you is the fact that for a reasonable additional charge, you can get MyTraffic Live, which will allow you to download up to date schedules as often as you like for a period of 6 months. That way you can be assured of being current. The program is still actively developed; unlike UT2. I am not dissing UT2. A lot of folks are quite happy with the program. I am just giving my take on MTX.

Graham

MyTraffic X has it's perks, being a wide variety of types but the models and paints are hideous.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS