Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

Is the Twotter a TrackIR only airplane?

This has been bugging me for a long time.  You guys that fly the Twotter, do you all have TrackIR?  I bought it and have flown it twice.  I have (but don't use) TrackIR...never have been able to get the yoke out of the way of the gauges.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I'm a Track IR guy :) Never fly any aircraft without it.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

No TrackIR here, i only use EZDok (though i wish i could replace it).  TrackIR gave me neck pain and was virtually unusable with my Eyefinity setup.  

The yoke does sit slightly in the way, i tend to zoom in as required and use the mmb to look around.  As far as i am aware you cannot remove or adjust the yoke, but you can create a view that is less affected by the position.

Ian R Tyldesley

Can't imagine flightsimming without TrackIR and EZDOK!

Felix

I actually use the wndowpane view more than trackir...

Rick

I5 9600k@ 4.8ghz    rx580 limping-along   2x  23" 1080P Monitors

No TrackIR here, but view adjustments with the Opus camera utility provide good gauge visibility

Hans Soule

No TrackIR here, but view adjustments with the Opus camera utility provide good gauge visibility

I have EZDoc...I move it this way, that way, over here, back that way...doesn't do the trick for me.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

+1

same solution here (until I can justify replacing my long dead TrackIR, or it gets marked-down in a sale in the coming weeks!)

+1
same solution here (until I can justify replacing my long dead TrackIR, or it gets marked-down in a sale in the coming weeks!)

Can one of you guys send me your 'view'?  I need to see what it looks like.

Gregg Seipp

+1

Get FaceTrackNoIR, use the Pointracker protocol and make/buy an LED point source. Just as good as TrackIR (better?) and even if you have to buy the LED clip it will cost about 20% of the cost of buying TrackIR.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

The Twotter is a GREAT aircraft and GREAT addon, but I no longer fly mine for the very same reason, so I feel your frustration. I find it truly bizarre, that such a quality addon (and it surley is) doesn't give the ability to lower or remove the yoke!!!!

Yep, I too wish Aerosoft made the yoke removable.

VC is the reason I rarely use complex aircraft addons. Unless I can assign most buttons to my Saitek controllers, I don't fly much. It just takes away the immersion when you have to switch views to find buttons hidden here and there. To fly the Twotter by the book is very hard. Just starting the engines and doing a runup check is almost impossible as it involves monitoring engine gauges and pressing "hidden" buttons at the same time. Realism has it's price.

For the Twotter I set it "Ready to fly" from the interactive checklist and pretend my co-pilot took care of the rest.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

While I haven't bothered setting it up to start in anything other than an engines running state (other than maybe once early on), I don't find the yoke position that bad. Not fantastic, but not unflyably bad. Is it just for start up where it's a pain, or everything? If I haven't flown it for a while I use the 2D overhead to remind myself where the switches are, but it soon sinks back in so that it can be done from the VC with the hat for view.

Mike