Sign in to follow this  
Stratox

VC Lighting Issue w/ FS2crew 777 1.1

I've had this issue since using the PMDG 777 updated to the latest C patches with a fresh install of FSX with DX10. The background panel area lighting of the captain and first officer chronometers are brighter than the rest of the panel. I've adjusted the lighting via all the various cockpit controls with no avail. It seems to only happen with the digital version of the chronometers and not the old standard units. I've uninstalled FS2crew and it seems to me that FS2crew is the culprit.

Anyone else with this issue or know of a fix? Thanks.

digital.jpg

standardchrono.jpg

Safe & smooth flying,

Clarke Ramsey

Mystery solved :-)

I think he's referring to the removed texture. Not sure how FS2Crew would've caused that, though...

Kyle Rodgers

I think he's referring to the removed texture. Not sure how FS2Crew would've caused that, though...

That's correct. I've reinstalled the T7 and it seems be linked to FS2Crew.

Safe & smooth flying,

Clarke Ramsey

I don't have FS2Crew and do not see the issue.  I am also on DX9.  (not that this logic helps..but wanted to point out what I'm running in case installing FS2Crew does somehow effect this, which I can't fathom at this point)

This actually looks like a missing texture problem.  With that in mind...does this happen in the day time as well?

The texture file(s) in question are in your texture.vc folder (only in the 200LR folder) , called PMDG_777_nochrono.dds (and the FOs side is called PMDG_777_nochronor.dds).

A few things to obviously check:

1. Does it happen on both sides of the flightdeck?
  2. Make sure you have the textures listed above in your texture.vc folder
  3. Open them in imagetool or dxtbmp and see if they look right.  Look at both the normal and alpha texture.
  4. Make sure they are in DX1 512x512 format (not DXT5)

Things to do to try and narrow this down:

1. Turn on the storm light...do the textures work?
  2. Turn the rheostat that controls the PNL/Flood (inner knob) for each side all the way up and down.  Make sure the Master lights knob inner knob is popped out (in manual adjust).  Is there any changes to that texture as you adjust the rheostat? 
  3. Turn the Dome light to both levels of brightness...any effect?
  4. Start at Dawn and let the sim transition into day....does the texture appear? (may want to use time compression, hehe)

I would offer to have you send me your textures if you're not proficient in viewing DXT files (side effect of being a livery painter), but I fear that 4 letter word....EULA...LoL.

Anyway...just a few things to investigate to maybe track this down.

Let me know what you find out...this one has piqued my curiosity  :Thinking:

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

All textures are present and not modified.

I've just about touched every knob on the flight deck. No changes at all. It seems that the lighting for this particular texture has been removed or disabled when using FS2Crew 777.

Safe & smooth flying,

Clarke Ramsey

I don't remember having this issue - Maybe post on the FS2Crew support forum and see what they have to say about it?

I've posted a thread some time ago as well.

Still no change in lighting...

Safe & smooth flying,

Clarke Ramsey

Ditto - attempted full uninstall and re-install and no change... :/

Jonathon Ryans

Hi Folks,

I too am experiencing this issue and I have bee able to confirm that it is indeed FS2crew related. I took some screenshots of my cockpit with and without Fs2crew activated. I am trying to upload them here but I don't know how to. Anyway, when I deactivate my fs2crew 777 the problem disappears. It comes back again once I reactivate it.

I wanted to bump this thread because I cannot find any other info or fix (bar this thread) about the missing textures.

I have Steves DX10 fixer v2.7, PMDG777 v 1.10.6492 and FS2Crew v1.5

Any body able to shed any light?