Sign in to follow this  
David Bourne

FSX-SE Compatibility Testing Thread

I'm pleased to report that after a day of struggling (Friday) I got my development PC working well enough to do some work. I just dare not switch it off or I think it won't come on again!. It is crippled -- it won't run P3D because I had to substitute an older non-DX11 video card. but it was okay for testing with FSX and FSX-SE,

FSUIPC Version 4.938 is now available, and works as best as I can make it with FSX-SE. The installer copes with both ways FSX-SE installs (free-standing or alongside FSX Boxed), and all the hooks appear to work except for the full wind-smoothing fiddle (rarely used these days with such good weather programs), and the "G3D crash" patch. In the latter case the code in that area has changed and i'm not sure whether the fix would still be needed in any case.

Feedback on any of the FSUIPC facilities would be useful, but I may not deal with it now for a week or two! ;-)

Oh, the latest version of MakeRunways, also available, also copes with FSX-SE's possibly different SCENERY.CFG location too.

Happy Christmas!

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Hi,

parallel install:

Carenado Piper PA-34 200T Seneca II FSX only installs to FSX

Default Goose and Beaver:  no water spray effects.

Jim F.

Flight1 Super80Pro installs fine, BUT when you enter sim with the aircraft frames per second drop down to like 1 FPS.  I dont know why?

Hi,

Parallel install

ORBXLIBS default to FSX and no way to redirect.  FSX:SE installed after FSX.

Jim F.

You are a God Pete Dowson. Been using FSUIPC for yrs calibrating controllers. Had to use the default to calibrate and got so danged frustrated and irriataed I was throwing things! :) Thank you

FSUIPC Version 4.938 is now available, and works as best as I can make it with FSX-SE. The installer copes with both ways FSX-SE installs (free-standing or alongside FSX Boxed), and all the hooks appear to work except for the full wind-smoothing fiddle (rarely used these days with such good weather programs), and the "G3D crash" patch. In the latter case the code in that area has changed and i'm not sure whether the fix would still be needed in any case.

Thank you so very much for an early "Christmas Plum," Pete! I have posted a 'sticky' announcement in this forum with a link.

Your marvelous FSUIPC is one of two programs I've never once regretted spending a few dollars on, FS Panel Studio being the other. :Applause:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thank you so very much for an early "Christmas Plum," Pete! I have posted a 'sticky' announcement in this forum with a link.

Your marvelous FSUIPC is one of two programs I've never once regretted spending a few dollars on, FS Panel Studio being the other. :Applause:

FSUIPC full version the best buy in my FS history :-)

André

FSUIPC Version 4.938 is now available, and works as best as I can make it with FSX-SE.

Thank you very much for your continuous support, Pete!  :Praying: 

I bought it before..  I'll buy it again! :Applause:

Gert

Trying to pick an add-on or two to get myself for Christmas...

Anybody tried the Carenado B200 or A36 yet? No previous FSX install- Steam only.

Thanks,

Dave

I'm pleased to report that after a day of struggling (Friday) I got my development PC working well enough to do some work. I just dare not switch it off or I think it won't come on again!. It is crippled -- it won't run P3D because I had to substitute an older non-DX11 video card. but it was okay for testing with FSX and FSX-SE,

Feedback on any of the FSUIPC facilities would be useful, but I may not deal with it now for a week or two! ;-)

Oh, the latest version of MakeRunways, also available, also copes with FSX-SE's possibly different SCENERY.CFG location too.

Happy Christmas!

Pete

This is just... priceless support! 

Thank you very much Pete, all my best wishes for the holidays!

Regards,

Vital Vanbeginne

CS-727-100  works without any problem

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

All of my FSDT and Flightbeam airport are gone from FSX after updating to the latest Virtuali Addon Manager, couatl engine running fine, but no airports. Stll didn't install any couatl engine airport into FSX SE

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q