Sign in to follow this  
addman

Heads up! It's the captainsim annual "everything for 9,99 24h sale"!

You can make a simple modification to make the MFD's duplicates rather than independent (this save some FPS). Also there are some cockpit textures available to help even more ... with a few adjustments you can gain about 30% FPS.

Rob - could you please point us towards these mods? I've just spent some time searching around in the CS forum to no avail. The only trick I know is to halve the resolution of some of the gauges/displays in the panel.cfg...

I actually deleted the CS777, mostly for performance reasons, and was going to wait for the PMDG but if you're 30% gain is even close to accurate, I suppose I'll give 'er another try?

Please be careful with this sale and with promoting it online - it is ONLY the ADDONS which are priced at 9.99!!!

Base packs are priced at 29.99 - a lot more reasonable than their regular prices for their bug-filled and incomplete aircraft (sad experience with the 777).  The aircraft exterior model looks fabulous and animations are excellent but the VC and flight model are way below PMDG standard.

Cheers,  Brian L Robinson

Flight Simmer since 1983 - loving the brilliant Quality Wings 787 and all PMDG models!!

Please be careful with this sale and with promoting it online - it is ONLY the ADDONS which are priced at 9.99!!!

You are really funny. The sale is long over. And it was indeed 9.99 for ALL Captain Sim products (incl. the base packs) EXCEPT the Prepar3d v2 products. So maybe you should read the posts carefully before posting yourself...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Darn it I completely forgot to check their site and missed the sale this year and was looking forward to getting the L1011 for 9.99. Seems like this sale used to always be tipped off in the FSX forum where it had more visibility.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Rob - could you please point us towards these mods?

Here is a quote from where I discovered the information, this is not my info, just passing along:

First open the panel.cfg in a text editor (it should be in SimObjects\Airplanes\CS_B777-200ER_GE\panel)

Look for sections [VCockpit05] to [VCockpit10], 6 total.

In each of these 6 sections, replace

pixel_size=512,512

with

pixel_size=256,256

This should give a 20% FPS boost, does for me at least.

Make sure while testing that you load the same aircraft for which you modified the panel.cfg. If it looks good you can modify all models of 777 like this.

The 256,256 may make the displays pixelated if you zoom in close. You can try a higher value like 320,320, that's pretty sharp. But some FPS may be lost.

Another thing which you can do is replicate the Pilot's left panels also to the co-pilot side. This will render the same display on both sides. To do this, under [VCockpit07], look for this line:

gauge00=Captain_Sim.x777.display!DisplayGauge,     8, 15, 496,482,5

Change the last digit in this line from 5 to 2

and under [VCockpit08], look for:

gauge00=Captain_Sim.x777.display!DisplayGauge,     8, 15, 496,482,6

Change the last digit from 6 to 1

Now co-pilot's displays will mirror the pilot's and save some more FPS.

And last, if you don't use the EFB or weather radar:

Rename the Captain_Sim.x777.efb.dll and Captain_Sim.x777.wxr.dll to something like *.dll_ so that they don't load.

Cheers, Rob.

Hardly more than 50% of the Justflight Tristar Professional Upgrade offer. And the CS version has a better autopilot and deeper systems.  :BigGrin:

Thanks, Oliver, makes me feel better I made the buy.

I got the L1011 during the sale but it still keeps crashing fsx upon loading the aircraft...i have reinstalled, downloaded again, tried manual and online activation, cleaned registry entries to no avail...this package just crashes my sim...

if someone ever had such experience would love any help one can give...for now ticket is still with captainsim but no reply..

tks

emann

Sorry I can't help (I don't use FSX ... just P3D and XP10 these days), the L1011 is working well in P3D ... is it possible you downloaded the P3D version and not the FSX version?

Cheers, Rob.

For any interested CS L1011 flyers, I have uploaded a small spreadsheet that works out the fuel requirements for your flight and more importantly gives you the proper way to load the 4 tanks.  It works in lbs and kgs.

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=188088

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Thanks Mark, appreciate it!

Cheers, Rob.