Sign in to follow this  
~Craig~

Citation II S550 - The (potential) bugs thread

Cannot change Cabin Altitude (OK I know some can change this, but I cannot find the click spot. Make it the center of the knob.)

Just keep turning it ... it eventually comes to life ... guessing it's just initialized wrong (too low a value).

Cheers, Rob.

The EADI does not show any autopilot indications in GPS mode.

Nor does it show indications when the autopilot is in FD mode.

Bert

For those with cabin pressure issues, I find that if you start from the right of the knob and feel around you can get the clickspot. I don't mean the center knob either, I mean the little black part on the right of the knob. Hope it helps!

No big deal to change the altitude alert, I checked the gauge inside. But this is normally not a job for customers

Check your PM..

Bert

Guest BeaverDriver

Well, if there's a way to fix the alt alert function, I'd love to have it please. It's one of those stupid little things that drives me up the wall!

Thanks!

Guest BeaverDriver

This is a copy of the ticket I have submitted, in full:

"Bug List Citation:

• EADI numbers unreadable
  • Avionics Power on w/o inverter or AC on
  • Pitch Thumbwheel reversed direction
  • Cabin Alt setting knob doesn’t react until many turns w/mouse wheel
  • Gyro Pressure (should be suction, not "pressure"!) reads 0 at all times
  • IAS Mach readouts not the same between L & R airspeed indicators
  • Can select both IAS and V/S modes at same time on Autopilot
  • No GTN Integration
  • Oxygen Pressure well below green on gauge
  • Hot Starts – right to the top of the gauge
  • Primary altimeter in HPa only
  • STD PRESS does not work on Primary Altimeter
  • Unable to obtain normal cruising altitudes except at light weights (aircraft should go AT LEAST to FL350 from a GW takeoff)
  • Altitude alerter sounds 300 ft and 0 ft below target altitude. Should be -1000 and -300 feet below target altitude
  • Cannot attain 100% power at SL even in cold air

This is an abbreviated list. I could go on, but I’d rather be flying something that works. For a premium priced airplane, this is a pretty poor effort. Please release a service pack that addresses all concerns, as well as other people who have submitted tickets."

I urge ALL of you who have compiled lists to please submit tickets yourself. If Carenado only receives a very few numbers of tickets, it is probable they will think that only a very few number of people are dissatisfied, and it is highly unlikely much will get addressed in the SP. I have not listed everything that everyone found here either. I only wrote down the things that I found myself, and even then there are some things that I'm sure I'm missing. Good luck to us all. With a lot of work on Carenado's side, this could be a really good airplane. But it does need finishing.

I created the following Support ticket.

1. EADI click spot for 2D popup is too small
  2. Radar Altitude Test - unable to perform R ALT TEST on ground
  3. Altimeter - Unable to switch between inches and Hpa
  4. Standby Altimeter - No Hpa readout
  5. ADC1 advisory light is always on on the copilot side
  6. NAV Source display - GPS when this aircraft is equipped with an FMS
  7. Clipping of text on EHSI
  8. GPS is magenta regardless if it is coupled to FD or not. (Does not seem to follow Universal's color scheme for the EFI-550)
  9. Magenta "FD" in middle of EADI
  10. No Heading bug on MFD
  11. EHSI when displaying Navaids the display shows Waypoints
  12. Turn knob on AP seems INOP, should deselect lateral mode and put the airplane into a bank relative to the deflection of the turn knob
  13. Cabin Altitude difficult to change, seems if you select any area other than where it is labeled “Cabin Controller” it will not move correctly.
  14. MM displays Red, the standard color for a middle marker is amber
  15. EHSI when coupled to FMS/GPS source should display on the right outer most dot of the HSI the LNAV scale (0.3 for terminal, 1.0 for approach and 5.0 for enroute.)
  16. Pilot and copilot EHSI linked as one gauge. Should be independent systems.
  17. Oxygen pressure indicates low for what it should be (Copilot's panel)
  18. Gyro "pressure" gauge reads zero constantly. Should be "Gyro Suction" not pressure?
  19. Avionics will work without the Inverter or AC on
  20. ASI's Left & Right do not agree - Mach meter seems broken on the right side.
  21. 2D popup, Pitch adjust thumbwheel on autopilot panel works in reverse
  22. Target Box above Fan Speed INOP
  23. Cannot push Landing gear horn silence knob
  24. Fuel Consumed gauge INOP
  25. Altitude Alert should sound at 1000 ft before and 300 ft before the target altitude

I don't know if it has been discussed or how accurate this is but would a Citation II taxi on it's own at idle power? It seems to me working at the local airport as a line guy that a lot of Citation II's have to use quite a bit power to get moving. 

I find that I'm having to use the brakes constantly to prevent it from tearing down the ramp at 35 knots at idle power. What does everyone think?

NA-73: At what gross weight? Lightly loaded (21% fuel, 2 pilots), the Citation does taxi pretty easily for me, but definitely requires throttle with increasing loads as you would expect...

@Bert check your postbox

Alt alert warning is under investigation.

My wife is killing me yet, off now :angry:

Guest BeaverDriver

@NA3 - I notice that too. At gross, it should take a bit of power to get it moving, and at idle power it should likely slow down a bit. With mine at gross, I too need the brakes often as I accelerate under idle power otherwise. I think that's all part of the engine FDE's that are problematic in this aircraft.

@JanekBin - I've received "assurances" from Carenado for the past several (numerous) releases that the alt alert is "under investigation" but nothing has ever been done about it. If Bert can fix it, I'd sure let him.

Anti-skid does not work, the switch is a dummy.

Separate post for a fix.

Bert

Guest BeaverDriver

Couple more things - 1) No altitude alert advance warning (aural) on descent. You get it AT the target altitude (wrong!), but you don't get it at Target+1000 on descent.  2) you get constant GLIDESLOPE aural alerts if you are ABOVE the GS. That should only happen if you are below.  3) Engines don't shut down completely. I get a continuous idle at 15% N1 (ran it for 5 minutes once after shutting down - Carenado has just invented perpetual motion!), even though I used the fuel cutoff switches on the thrust levers AND used the keyboard and my THQ options (in addition too).

I've compiled a second bug list that I'll be sending to Carenado. This is bad - even for them.

Guest BeaverDriver

This is the complete bug list and comments I just sent to Carenado:

I have appended my bug list for the Citation and am including the full list here (as I know it to date - I'm sure I'll find more with a bit of time):

Citation Bug List - V2

1.    EADI numbers unreadable
2.    Avionics Power on w/o inverter or AC on
3.    Pitch Thumbwheel reversed direction
4.    Cabin Alt setting knob doesn’t react until many turns w/mouse wheel
5.    Gyro Pressure (should be suction) reads 0 at all times
6.    IAS Mach readouts not the same between L & R airspeed indicators
7.    Can select both IAS and V/S modes at same time on Autopilot
8.    No GTN Integration
9.    Oxygen Pressure well below green on gauge
10.    Hot Starts – right to the top of the gauge
11.    Primary altimeter in HPa only
12.    STD PRESS does not work on Primary Altimeter
13.    Unable to obtain normal cruising altitudes except at light weights (aircraft should go AT LEAST to FL350 from a GW takeoff)
14.    Altitude alerter sounds 300 ft and 0 ft below target altitude. Should be -1000 and -300 feet below target altitude
15.    Cannot attain full power from the engines at SL, even in cold air
16.    No aural advance altitude alert sound when descending to a target altitude. If descending from 5000 to 3000 for instance, you don’t get an alert at 4000. Only at 3000, which is also wrong as it should be at 3300 ft.
17.    Aural Glideslope warnings are triggered when ABOVE GS. You should only get them when below the GS
18.    Engines do not completely shut down, despite using the fuel cutoff switches on the thrust levers, the keyboard shortcut or the throttle quadrant mixture levers. The engines continue to idle indefinitely at 15% N1 (no wind condition).
19.    No Stall warning sound/stick shaker
20.    Cabin altitude and Aircraft Altitude alignments (to each other) are waaaay off
21.    Gear lights show green when up. Should be off.
22.    Zero reference speeds for takeoff and landing (V1, Vr, V2, Vapp, Vref, etc.)
23.    “FD” display in magenta on PFD is incorrect. That indicates it has failed – should be extinguished when it’s working, or (on some versions) on but in green. Magenta/red indicates a failure
24.    EHSI course needle disappears off side of display when straying too far from course. It should remain within the display area so pilot knows which way he has to turn to return to the course
25.    Fuel Qty gauges do not have a “x’s 100” label. It is misleading as it is now
26.    Heading Bug detent to indicate heading is not clear enough. Can’t tell what it is actually pointing to (even if you could read the EADI numbers – reported in last bug report)
27.    Landing Gear Warning horn Mute button does not work

This is a really, really long list for a $45 airplane. I would "suggest" that almost all of these bugs get addressed in a service pack. The graphics are (as usual) great and the flight dynamics down low are excellent, but there is a LOT more to an airplane of this sophistication and cost than good looks and easy handling in lower altitudes. For the same or less money, other developers are not releasing airplanes anywhere near this bug-ridden. It would seem to me to be in your best interests to pick up your game considerably. This is unacceptable. When you compare the feature list on your info page with what we have in this release, most things are there, but the vast majority either don't work at all, or are severely crippled. Some items are so obvious (such as not being able to read the EADI heading numbers, or a gauge that reads "0" constantly - many more examples of those types of things) that it is a complete wonder to me why the airplane was released in this state. That shows a complete lack of respect for us, the customers who are essentially, paying your salary. That part had better change or you'll start finding yourself short on customers very soon, I would think.

Glenn