Sign in to follow this  
fogboundturtle

What is it about this community

Reductio ad absurdum is the technique of reducing an argument or hypothesis to absurdity, by pushing the argument's premises or conclusions to their logical limits and showing how ridiculous the consequences would be - which is what you posted.

The OP said: I often watch the great video of frooglesim and matt davies and the comments I read are from stupid nitpicking to borderline crazy at time.

My advice: Ignore comments from pretend pilots if it spoils your fun. If you want advice on how to do things in real life, ask someone who knows.

The pretend pilots are the funniest and gives me the greatest laughts, especially those that gets offended when you tell them FSX is a game... Ha ha ha!

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I just finished a long long long flight in the Carenado S550 ... pretty much filled it up and just kept flying ... I was doing some v2.5 VAS testing and some adjustments to my GoFlight controls/modules for the 550 ... happy to report 2.7GB on landing (started at 2.5GB) ... so 1.3 GB free VAS ...

Ehehe, sorry for the comment Rob, but that's yet another peculiar characteristic of us simmers - we sometimes do not follow IFR or VFR rules, use checklists, SOPs, but rather, spend 80% of the flight time monitoring VAS :-)

I can imagine the future of aviation, when finally they can manage to get those airliners flying without crew inside ( they can manage the poor passengers to accept it, that's what I mean... ) and some guy at the ground based control center is striving to check that there will be enough VAS available until the aircraft lands :-)....

It also accounts for a big tendency I have to look for flight simulators that do not force me to struggle for smoothness / stability / OOM and CTD free... I found that in MS FLIGHT too, I will not comment on XP10, I love Aerowinx PSX ( close the laptop on a flight, continue when you can, never OOM or CTD... ), and am also, finally, and so far experiencing with FSX SE, and also why I intend to buy a few DLCs released for that platform with interesting missions I can vly just for fun!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

My pet peeve is that sometimes we forget that this is surposed to be a fun hobby of ours. Some of us brag that we fly ONLY 'by the book', some of us enjoy the 'low's 'n slows' be it tube liners or props, some of us turn our noses up at those who do not have that well known brand of super detailed aircraft. Some of us enjoy combat, either in the air or on the forums.

Guys 'n girls (I'm sure there must be some girls in this hobby of ours..) we tend to forget that what we enjoy came out of a gaming studio! (yes, I know, no debate here please, but our imagination, add-ons & hardware kit, stick/yoke/pedals make it into a sim)

When we get rather stressed & tensed up at our local VA, there is always someone that pops up with... "Guys, it's only a game" & we relax & get back to having fun.

So, there is no right way of simming. Well, apart from making sure the number of landings equal the number of take-offs, then we will be OK!

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Guys 'n girls (I'm sure there must be some girls in this hobby of ours..)

I still dream of a Shakira-like girl getting into my sim office asking for support installing some stuff on FSX, or a CRM session on a PMDG 777.... 

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

My "Hostess" at home REALLY looks after me, during my flying time & afterwards.

An essential add-on to my flight kit. Expensive, but worthwhile.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

"Installed" being the operative word.....

Glad you cleared that up because we didn't get it the first time :)

a Shakira-like girl

A beautifull woman, I bet ya her ankles are fat though.

Because it's YouTube, the land of the Trolls?   I get nitpicked all the time in my videos to which I respond, "when I am making a high 5 figure salary in aviation your critique may have meaning to me."

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

I can't believe I just read this entire thread.  What's the matter with my, I should have been flying.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3