Sign in to follow this  
willultra99

FlyToronto is out

I don't see FlyTampa leaving this unaddressed.

I think they actually did a fine job in addressing all problems. You have a configurator in which you can disable all kinds of effects, you have lite textures, and in their forum they provide very useful tips to increase performance.

I was expecting trouble because I run too many other things as well (ASN, REX clouds, FS Global Ultimate mesh, FTX Global and Vector), there was no way I wouldn't hit the roof in a big city such as Toronto. However, with some more humble settings I got the frame rate up to about 20 fps. So I am quite happy with the product.

Peter

I am pretty sure most here have not even bothered reading the forum and manuals, There is a low texture pack to address VAS issues. there is a ton of options to address FPS issues. 

From there on, it's your trouble I think.

me getting very smooth performance after minimal time spent optimising. Try it :)

I must be one of the lucky ones. :P

I'm getting excellent performance with default install and all boxes ticked. I also have FTXG + FTX Vectors and performance is not an issue at all.

FlyTampa Toronto is another excellent add-on.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I think they actually did a fine job in addressing all problems. You have a configurator in which you can disable all kinds of effects, you have lite textures, and in their forum they provide very useful tips to increase performance.

I was expecting trouble because I run too many other things as well (ASN, REX clouds, FS Global Ultimate mesh, FTX Global and Vector), there was no way I wouldn't hit the roof in a big city such as Toronto. However, with some more humble settings I got the frame rate up to about 20 fps. So I am quite happy with the product.

Peter

OK...point taken. Could you share some of your humble settings? I've unticked just about everything, installed the lite textures, etc. What settings changes gave you the best bang for your buck? I am getting 18-20 frames at the gate, but VAS is killing me. I also have Orbx, REX, etc; but I am using low texture values in REX and I have my texture load maxed out at 1024 in prepar3d.cfg. If you look at my specs, they're not monstrous, but not bad.

I must be one of the lucky ones. :P

I'm getting excellent performance with default install and all boxes ticked. I also have FTXG + FTX Vectors and performance is not an issue at all.

FlyTampa Toronto is another excellent add-on.

What...are you running 'Big Blue'?  :unsure:

So I salute all of you, who are doing well with the airport. But I mean are we here to share, or just say "I'm OK...what happened to you?"

I must be one of the lucky ones. I'm getting excellent performance with default install and all boxes ticked. I also have FTXG + FTX Vectors and performance is not an issue

:smile:   I would say so, as Martin of FlyTampa himself wrote:

Please be aware that if you run all available high-end Addons such as REX, FTX-Global, UTX and PMDG aircraft, you will not be able to run Toronto with all Options enabled

It might be worth stating if you have AI planes active when using this airport, and also at what density. That can make a massive difference to framerates and VAS usage.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Firts thing I did is set the scenery slider to sparse. this will save you a lot of fps. Toronto and other areas( Seattle are famous for this fps eating problem.

Hopefully some developer can fix this issue one day.

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

Why on Earth would you want to purchase a super detailed airport like this, and then set the scenery to Sparse?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

because I fly tubeliners. Not really happy with having to do this, but you can still enjoy the full airport.

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

Just in the climb out of CYYZ on my way to CYVR.  Air Canada flight 153 in the 777-300ER.  Snowing and cold this morning in Toronto, flying on Vatsim and have FS2Crew.  I gotta say, this is very nice scenery.  I found it quite smooth in the sim, no stutters or pauses, went over to the de-icing pad for a quick spray and it works great.  Nice little touches like wheel tracks in the snow on the taxiway may for a very authentic experience.  Takeoff was smooth as silk in quite heavy cloud.  Actual performance was better than what I expected in my initial testing when I was just sitting at the gate. VAS is still a concern, I tried to help it out by dropping my LOD Radius to 4.5.  VAS remaining dropped into the 600's but now sitting at 957 as I pass 28,000 feet, so here's hoping I can land in Vancouver without an OOM.  

Landed in Vancouver with remaining VAS of 530....the mist in Vancouver was made all the more real by my tearing up realizing that I might land without running out of memory.  Really enjoyed that flight!!

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

OK...point taken. Could you share some of your humble settings?

I haven't checked for VAS, but from the flights I took I noticed that loading the scenery gets tricky on approach, so yes, VAS is likely an issue, though not as bad as I had at other places (NYC).

The most important settings to increase fps (and to some extent also VAS) are

- eliminate AI traffic. I kill the UT2 process for that purpose.

- set autogen scenery density to sparse or very sparse

- LOD_RADIUS=2.5

- FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.15

With that I get about 20 fps.

Cheers,

Peter

For those running the PMDG 777 and experiencing VAS issues, disable the external model, saves you about 500MB.

I haven't checked for VAS, but from the flights I took I noticed that loading the scenery gets tricky on approach, so yes, VAS is likely an issue, though not as bad as I had at other places (NYC).

The most important settings to increase fps (and to some extent also VAS) are

- eliminate AI traffic. I kill the UT2 process for that purpose.

- set autogen scenery density to sparse or very sparse

- LOD_RADIUS=2.5

- FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.15

With that I get about 20 fps.

Cheers,

Peter

Thanks for this Peter. I have my FFTF down to that level. I haven't attempted LOD radius at 2.5. I'll give that a try. I hate to get rid of all traffic. I will lower my sliders. I use MyTraffic live schedules at 35%. I'll go to 20 and see what happens. I have Autogen buildings at normal and veg at dense. I'll move those down.

For those running the PMDG 777 and experiencing VAS issues, disable the external model, saves you about 500MB.

I'm assuming that will eliminate the external view of the aircraft. Well, good point. RW pilots don't get to go out and look, do they?  :rolleyes:

LOD RADIUS of 2.5 will do it.  You have very little loading.

Pete suggested as well. Thanks for this. I'm in Northern Alberta...miss home.

It might be worth stating if you have AI planes active when using this airport, and also at what density. That can make a massive difference to framerates and VAS usage.

I have tubes at 35%. I'll lower those sliders. Oddly enough, when I turn off AI totally, it gets me maybe 2FPS.

because I fly tubeliners. Not really happy with having to do this, but you can still enjoy the full airport.

Kinda hate to make the scenery go away, but I guess what you take with one hand, you give back with the other.

Thanks to all for sharing your knowledge and experience. I don't see a solution until we have SLI for frame rates and 64 bit for  VAS. If LM goes with DX12, my understanding is they'll have more control over hardware.

Cheers