Sign in to follow this  
willultra99

FlyToronto is out

Nice to see good scenery bring all 3 platforms together in a positive discussion. Im getting it, no questions and Im sure my machine will handle it as long as its no heavier on VAS than CYVR FSDT?

Have to wait till next week though, just blown my weekly sim budget   :unsure:

ZORAN

I really don't understand why scenery developers keep making airports more and more detailed and in the end you have a beautiful scenery which is not flyable. Who needs all this crap like internal modeling if the scenery can't achieve 20 fps on a high end system? Was really thinking about buying Toronto but after reading the posts, I guess I'll pass in this one...

+1

I will definitely skip this, thx for your reports guys.

For me it's still a flight simulator and not a screenshot or "life on an airport" simulator. :ph34r:

Intel i9 12900K, Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z690-A Wifi D4, GSkill 32gb, RTX 4090

Regards Chris Kathi

Who needs all this crap like internal modeling if the scenery can't achieve 20 fps on a high end system?

The internal modeling and the blowing snow were about the only two enhancements that I enabled in FT Toronto. I really like internal modeling because I spend a lot of time at the gate going through amplified checklists and properly planing the flight. All that time I am essentially looking at my VC and the terminal, and that at a time when frame rates aren't that important. Internal modeling then makes all the difference, and if a developer is smart then the radius at which these details can be seen is set low, so that it makes no difference during approach.

Peter

Having FTX global vector installed doesn't help performance nor VAS usage, just saying.

I guess I'll just add to the numbers here, but just putting it out there that, eve after un-selecting a lot of things in the config manager, installing the 'lite' texture pack, I still do not get the performance that I get at Dubai, or even FSDT's LAX, or DFW, which all three are bigger, and more complex then Toronto.  I'm not necessarily disappointing over all, I really wasn't expecting the best performance from a scenery that comes with a 'lite texture pack'...But I was expecting at least Dubai's optimization...They just packed too much into this airport, which is nice for screenshots and all, not so great when I actually want to do flights into / out of the airport.  

Having FTX global vector installed doesn't help performance nor VAS usage, just saying.

Your half right there. Both global and GEX are proven performance enhancers. Vector on the other hand doesn't score so good

ZORAN

With most things turned off (except the static apron scenery, deicing trucks and blowing snow) I was getting very good frames with the default Baron and about 1.6MB of VAS remaining.  Once I loaded up the PMDG777 the remaining VAS dropsto about 850 and frames in the high teens/low twenties to 30 depending on where you are looking etc.   I am still glad I purchased it, Toronto needs a quality airport but it could perform better for sure.  Going to try a flight from CYYZ to FSDT's CYVR and see if I can make it without OOM.  (note that I have ORBX Global & Vector plus FS2010 Global Mesh)

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Going to try a flight from CYYZ to FSDT's CYVR and see if I can make it without OOM.  (note that I have ORBX Global & Vector plus FS2010 Global Mesh)

Look forward to that as its super VAS intensive and you have a good system so you need to pass with flying colors or there isn't much hope for the rest of us.

ZORAN

i bet UTX 2.0 and GEX 2.0 give better performance....will test it later.

With most things turned off (except the static apron scenery, deicing trucks and blowing snow) I was getting very good frames with the default Baron and about 1.6MB of VAS remaining.  Once I loaded up the PMDG777 the remaining VAS dropsto about 850 and frames in the high teens/low twenties to 30 depending on where you are looking etc.   I am still glad I purchased it, Toronto needs a quality airport but it could perform better for sure.  Going to try a flight from CYYZ to FSDT's CYVR and see if I can make it without OOM.  (note that I have ORBX Global & Vector plus FS2010 Global Mesh)

Mark, if you are Toronto guy...you might want to head on over to ORBX and pick up their Parry Sound for under $15.00 CAN.  I just bought it...and it is very nice. With OpenLC NA coming...this is a home run for a flight between Toronto, and Cottage Country, for Ontarians....   Just sayin...:)

Too bad, I'll probably have to pass too for the time being  :unsure: I have always liked flying in and out of Toronto but let's face it, airports of that size just won't perform too well in FSX on most machines. Maybe P3D will one day alleviate it. Would love to see smaller Canadian airports from FT (Calgary, Edmonton and Ottawa come to mind), though these will likely not sell as good as YYZ.

Maybe it'll be better on P3D with its VAS-clearing abilities. I'll try it out soon (2600k @ 4.2, GTX970) and report back.

sig01.png

I don't see FlyTampa leaving this unaddressed.

I wonder though if they aren't looking ahead. Maybe they have an idea when SLI and 64 bit are coming to P3D. So in 6 months, or whatever, they'll look like visionaries. Probably just wishful thinking on my part. I'm from Southern Ontario and this means a lot to me.

But why would they release an airport that would be so hard on resources? No way they wouldn't have known this.

Just in the climb out of CYYZ on my way to CYVR.  Air Canada flight 153 in the 777-300ER.  Snowing and cold this morning in Toronto, flying on Vatsim and have FS2Crew.  I gotta say, this is very nice scenery.  I found it quite smooth in the sim, no stutters or pauses, went over to the de-icing pad for a quick spray and it works great.  Nice little touches like wheel tracks in the snow on the taxiway may for a very authentic experience.  Takeoff was smooth as silk in quite heavy cloud.  Actual performance was better than what I expected in my initial testing when I was just sitting at the gate. VAS is still a concern, I tried to help it out by dropping my LOD Radius to 4.5.  VAS remaining dropped into the 600's but now sitting at 957 as I pass 28,000 feet, so here's hoping I can land in Vancouver without an OOM.  

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000