Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

How to install UT2 into P3D 2.5

I have it working now, flawlessly. Did make some errors when following the steps. Thanks for reply. 

George Lee

Asus Maximus Hero IX Motherboard, Intel i7 6700K CPU, Geforce GTX 1080, Corsair 16Gb memory, Corsair case, Corsair PSU

Ok i have done everything mentioned on this post and i still get the smart assembly error everytime

Ok i have done everything mentioned on this post and i still get the smart assembly error everytime

Do a search on "NET framework repair tool" from Microsoft. I believe UT2 needs V2 to work. Is it installed on your computer?

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

FSX installation completed with out any problem, but P3D2.5 what ever I did UT2 does not appears. Checked all installation files with FSX , all UT2  files are in proper  P3D V2.5 locations.

:(

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

Do a search on "NET framework repair tool" from Microsoft. I believe UT2 needs V2 to work. Is it installed on your computer?

I do have framework every time I try to install it, it says I have latest version I'll try to repair it when I get home

I ended up using the framework cleanup utility and then re installing everything. Then installed fsx and sp2 just to be safe, finally installing UT2 into p3d and it worked with no smart assembly error

EDIT: Something is still not working correctly, the traffic doesn't spawn immediately, I have to manually reset and start the traffic from the menu....

I followed this all to the letter but it didn't work on my vanilla P3d v2.5 install.

Then I found out the migration tool had added the old simobject entries to the new Prepar3d.cfg.

If you then change this behavior by following the instructions and setting RepairConfig=0 in migration.cfg, the migration tool will remove the fsx.cfg.

So make sure you have a copy of Prepar3d.cfg called fsx.cfg and it should work fine, at least that's what i had to do to get UT2 ai showing.

I installed all the traffic schedule pack,s except the Power pack, and everything is running super with UT2 settings of 50/30 Commercial/ GA.

Sim object shadows will cost you around 6ps in Prepar3d v2.5 and this can make a difference between stuttery and feeling smooth, the difference at large airports, like KSEA, between 15fps and 21fps is immediately obvious. I have no performance drop if I use cockpit, building shadows or cloud shadows.

Ryzen 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, Windows 10, Varjo Aero, DOF H3

It's working now.

Not sure what, if anything, I changed but it's working fine..

Most of the time when I load a flight, I don't see any traffic.

I'm going to stop posting now until i have fixed this.

Default UT2 isn't great for seeing lots of AI planes, even at the largest airports (particularly if you have the Daedalus colour scheme disabled). I have added a huge number of updated schedules for existing airlines, and also additional schedules for passenger and cargo airlines that are not included in UT2. This has taken me a considerable amount of time and effort, but it was worth it! My largest airports (I only fly in the UK and Ireland, and therefore I only have to worry about those airlines that operate in this region) are now extremely busy early in the morning (I have counted over 140 AI planes at London Heathrow, and not far short of 100 at London Gatwick).

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Thanks for the feedback Christopher, I gave up trying to get the injector to work in any kind of repeatable way, it responds illogically to everything I try.

I use VoxATC for the traffic now and that works perfectly.

Default UT2 isn't great for seeing lots of AI planes, even at the largest airports (particularly if you have the Daedalus colour scheme disabled). I have added a huge number of updated schedules for existing airlines, and also additional schedules for passenger and cargo airlines that are not included in UT2. This has taken me a considerable amount of time and effort, but it was worth it! My largest airports (I only fly in the UK and Ireland, and therefore I only have to worry about those airlines that operate in this region) are now extremely busy early in the morning (I have counted over 140 AI planes at London Heathrow, and not far short of 100 at London Gatwick).

Hi Christopher,

I was noticing the same thing at major airports so I reread the docs and reaquainted myself with the density setting in the Flight Options menu. Airtran Airways flys out of KMKE and UT2 lists 36 flights to just KATL, half of which have a density setting greater than 50%.  I have my commercial jet slider (Weekly Traffic Density) set at 50% so I'm never seeing half of the flights to just one airport. Times that by all the airports KMKE flys to and I believe I've found the problem.

So now I make it a point to look thru UT2 setup program and lower the density setting at airports I visit often. Lotta airports though.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

I tried many days unfortunately UT2 airplanes does not  not appears in P3D :LMAO:

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

Just a little checklist to get most out of UT2 Be sure to install latest updated schedule  payware UT2 summer-fall 2013 version 1.1  which puts real traffic everywhere with improvements to schedule.  released along time ago but i didn't know it existed until lastest P3D2.5 install and research into ut2.  version 1.1 is free if you bought version 1.0 i think i found it in beta area of UT2 forums. also invest in Audio environment and GA environment both work well in P3D 2.5 i always run airline 100 percent and GA 30 percent. i dont know if it helps but i let simulator run for a good so called burn in with UT2 usually twelve to twentyfour hours .  Without UT2 traffic improvements i would probably be fishing...  side notes yes it adds Simobjects line to your prepared config just be sure to follow Richards install in first post. i had put it in one way and UT2 schedule 1.1 put it another way which worked still dont know how..but its working.

Thanks Rich and everyone whom contributed into getting every bit of life out of this program, through three or four versions of flight simulation

Steve

Thank you Richard and Twenty6. Great to have UT2 back running.

Couple of Questions...

- What schedule are you guys running? It seems the last summer schedule (2013 I think) is missing a bunch of Airlines.

- Has anyone had any luck getting Flight1's audio environment running in P3D?

- Has anyone ever gotten Orbxs GA Aircraft models running in UT2?

Thanks again.  B)