Sign in to follow this  
Clipper Ocean Spray

AI Controller 1.4 (SID, Jet Route, STAR and Final Approach) (New) Beta

Just wondering if this new version has any OS limitations i.e. Win7 or 8 or 8.1? Will it work with Vista or XP?

Hi,

first of all, thanks for this great software. I'm unable to convert navigraph PMDG sid/stars because aiconv.exe always crash when starting the conversion process... Same situation using the GUI version of the converter. The error/crash is related to a file called MSVCR120.dll. I already installed the redistributable package from MS website (both 64 and 32 bit) but still not working. I'm using it with Win 8.1 64bit ITALIAN. I've read somewhere, but I don't remember the details, that the system language must be set to "english". Is that true?

Thanks in advance and my apologize for my english....

Just wondering if this new version has any OS limitations i.e. Win7 or 8 or 8.1? Will it work with Vista or XP?

The only known limitation is XP, but you find a special" downloadlink at the end of page 10

Hi,

first of all, thanks for this great software. I'm unable to convert navigraph PMDG sid/stars because aiconv.exe always crash when starting the conversion process... Same situation using the GUI version of the converter. The error/crash is related to a file called MSVCR120.dll. I already installed the redistributable package from MS website (both 64 and 32 bit) but still not working. I'm using it with Win 8.1 64bit ITALIAN. I've read somewhere, but I don't remember the details, that the system language must be set to "english". Is that true?

In my opinion it is not necessary do switch the whole language to english, the issue i  just the decimalcaracter.

Many languages write 100(comma)49. But in this case it must be 100(.)49

Therefor you just need to change the comma into a Period (.) in the "advanced settings" of the systemlanguage. At least i did it so and it works.

But Roland promissed that he want to revise his code to eliminate this issue. Nevertheless, a lot of other programs need that setting as well.

Hi,

In my opinion it is not necessary do switch the whole language to english, the issue i just the decimalcaracter.

Therefor you just need to change the comma into a Period (.) in the "advanced settings" of the systemlanguage. At least i did it so and it works.

But Roland promissed that he want to revise his code to eliminate this issue. Nevertheless, a lot of other programs need that setting as well.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I've changed the comma to period but I get the same error....

Hey Roland,

unfortunately all aircraft at EDDL and EDDF are still coming in way too high. They don't seem to be too high at the IAF, but then oddly don't descend quickly enough, i.e. having ca. 1500ft at 2 miles from the numbers.

I tried following the instructions from the posts above (forced the scenery decompilation tool and edited the paths in the txt file so that they point to the right AFCAD), but to no avail. Do you (or any others who succesfully managed to fix this promblem) have any further suggestions?

Another thing, which is particular to my setup: Using P3D and not having ground traffic in EDDL, I decided to create it myself though a second AFCAD and a flightplan file. It works pretty well and the ground traffic drives nicely to a "fake" runway in a building and then disappears. The airport is named DUS1, so the cars "fly" from DUS1 to DUS1 in the flightplan. Unfortunately whenever the ground traffic is active and I start AI Controller, it crashes (CTD) after spotting the first aircraft in the vicinity. Do you know what to change so that AI Controller does not recognise that ground traffic anymore or does not terminate? I thought all traffic that does not fly to or from EDDL would not be affected, but apparently it is based on coordinates, isn't it?

Your help is much appreciated. Cheers.  

You should put your "Fake-EDDL" DUS1 in a folder that is not observed by AI-Controller.

Despite of that, EDDL works for me regarding the aproach altitude, i get every aircraft on ground, but there.... well, lot´s of posts above i described it.

I will looking forward to the next update.

Thanks, I removed the missed approach procedures. That helped with one runway (23L), but not the other...

I'm noticing that my AI aircraft are landing in extremely short distances- and are able to almost always make the first runway turnoff- this conflicts them with traffic taxiing to the active. Any way to lengthen the rollout?

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

The only known limitation is XP, but you find a special" downloadlink at the end of page 10

In my opinion it is not necessary do switch the whole language to english, the issue i  just the decimalcaracter.

Thanks for that. XP on my ageing laptop is the problem. I  will try the work around but will shortly buy a boat and need an anchor. I think the laptop will do the job nicely  :lol:

Thanks for that. XP on my ageing laptop is the problem. I  will try the work around but will shortly buy a boat and need an anchor. I think the laptop will do the job nicely  :lol:

When you use a aquarium screensaver, you can entertain the fishes additional :lol:

Despite of that, EDDL works for me regarding the aproach altitude, i get every aircraft on ground, but there.... well, lot´s of posts above i described it.

Hey FlyTweety,

could you please explain what exactly you did in order to get rid of the aircraft coming in too high? I combed through the whole topic, but did not find out what you changed.

Cheers

Actually i changed nothing special.

It worked for me in Düsseldorf immediatly, at least the landing.

In the past first i closed the landing at RW 05L/23R by optimizing the AFD file.

For copyright reasons i cannot upload the AFD, Aerosoft wouldn´t be too impressed B)

The only runway in use is the 05R/23L, like in the reality 85% of the day.

Second, i must admit, i use a very old AIRAC, 1313, for older AIcontroller Versions i changed the STAR´s a bit, made them longer to follow the RNAV Transition but for 1.4A i made a rollback to the plain STAR approach

Mayby yo want to try my files one time: EDDL.zip

But beyond this i don´t remember that i changed anyting else...

Thanks, that very nice of you to share your files. I ill try them.

But before I try them out: Your closing 05L/23R that might explain why you don't see the problem in EDDL because it only happens on that runway and 05R/23L is fine. It also remains in EDDF on all runways and just tested EKCH and I saw it there to. So I reckon it is an AIController problem.

Maybe for Roland to try to identify the problem: the landing aircraft descend to the outer marker (not sure, but about that altitude) and then linger there for a while, then they continue their final approach, but of course they are too high and touch down towards the end of the runway. After that they turn to the left and seem to perform a missed approach procedure on the ground (turning downwind at 0 ft). They keep coming back for other loops of which appears to be a pattern at ground level.

Cheers

EDIT: Your zip file is empty.  ^_^

Another try

EDDL.zip

But OK, when you experiencend already that it only happens for you at 5L/23R then i must open the Runway again to check it out...

Ooops, and i noticed that i only cutted the approaches from 05 direction, 23 is still with transition. But then the Traffic turns back at final to the IAF and follow the enhanced autogen approach again.

So you must delete all waypoints since XAMOD, BOTNB, DOMUX ect.

Hi Roland,

Thanks for this new version 1.4A

I am noticing while testing it that it does not take into account anymore the JET or PROP that you can add in front of the STAR or SID names. I have lots of my Jet AIs using SID or STARs for props and it is quie annoying.

Hope you can fix that for next version

I also have what looks like a new error warning: WAYPOINT HAS EXCEEDED range, but i am not sure whether it is bcause of my first STAR waypoint is too far.

It seems that selective STAR still do not work either (I enter specific runway for my STAR, ie 25L, ad some AI still get assign to these STARs even though they do not land on this runway, specifically in this case as runways in use are 07s)

Thanks!