Sign in to follow this  
Clipper Ocean Spray

AI Controller 1.4 (SID, Jet Route, STAR and Final Approach) (New) Beta

I took a look at this.  

Stock EDDF:  Stock EDDF doesn't have runways 7L/25R.  However, the latest nav data includes these runways.  So if you run AIController with SID/STAR/Approaches for runways 7L/25R (based on the latest nav data) on the stock EDDF, there will be problems.  If you're running stock EDDF, delete the SID/STAR/Approaches for runways 7L/25R.  

Freeware EDDF:  I also took a look at Mark Aldridge's freeware Frankfurt scenery (just in case you're running that).  Very good scenery, but runway 18/36 has a broken runway link, which causes this runway to be unavailable in AIController for landings.  Thus, all AI will land under the control of FSX if that is the active landing runway.

Payware EDDF:  I don't have any EDDF payware sceneries to test (in case you have one installed).

Thanks for taking a look. I use the Aerosoft payware scenery. It includes runways 25L/07R, 25C/07C, 25R/25L, and runway 18/36 (which is not used in FSX/P3D as and in real life only for departures, so no landings there anyway).

I noticed that the landing aircraft controlled by AIController are too high, but when an aircraft happens to remain unter the control of FSX, it lands fine. 

Given that at EDDL the same thing seems to happen (I haven't tested it with EDDL, payware scenery as well) and there were not changes made to the runway system like in EDDF recently, I suspect that the way AIController handles the approach is the problem. I also checked the Navdata files and approach (IAF) starts at 4000ft (which is normal for EDDF).

EDIT: yes, it happens on all the runways (25L/07R and 25L/07R, 25C/07C is for take offs only and 18 is not used).

As for the BSOD, disregard, it was just a coincidence that occured every time I changed that value, but the culprit was elsewhere. I changed the value to 1 and it runs fine.

Cheers

Thanks for taking a look. I use the Aerosoft payware scenery. It includes runways 25L/07R, 25C/07C, 25R/25L, and runway 18/36 (which is not used in FSX/P3D as and in real life only for departures, so no landings there anyway).

OK, I think I know what is happening.  AIController is reading your stock scenery instead of your payware.  You're observing at the payware airport, but the AI are flying as if the stock airport were there (including the missing runway).  I implemented layering in the alpha version, but it is broken under certain circumstances (I just finished correcting the layer code).  I should have the fix out soon (with other corrections).

-Roland

Hi,

There are airports that don't have taxi graph information. You need to remove the runway info files from your data set(s). Over the course of the last few days I have processed worldwide sid/star data and the removal process took about a day and a half.

what do you mean by this, or where can I find runway info files?

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

I have not seen it covered yet, but while spying on my AI after running the program I have noticed that my AI starts doing continuous barrel rolls. I cannot imagine this is how it simulates holding, Lol. Any ideas on what I mucked up?

I am very excited to have found this little program. It seems it may fix something that drives me nuts. However, I was having the same problem as pilotter but once I had put the backslash after the folder path I stopped getting the errors.  That said, the compiler bar never starts it just sits there doing nothing. If I close the compiler and then close the program itself the process still runs in task manager. The memory usage of the program in task manager is frozen which suggests to me that it has hanged. I have to force it to end.

If I do not try to run the compiler then the program when asked to close will close without remaining in the task manager.

Using FSX and installed ai controller on networked laptop. Just tried installing c++ again but has not helped.

I would love to see this program in action but it is not happening for me at the moment.

Any advice?

Can you try decompiling on your FSX machine first (just to double check this isn't a scenery issue)?  You don't need to use the installer (if you only use AIMonitor for testing).  Copy the AIController install directory (and all subdirectories) from your network machine to a temp folder on your FSX machine, load up AIMonitor, reset the config paths to local, apply, then a force update.  If it decompiles ok, we can concentrate on network issues.  Let me know how it goes.

Finally had time today to try what you said and it decompiled on my main machine in a few seconds. So it is not liking something on my network. I just don't know what.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

what do you mean by this, or where can I find runway info files?

After you decompile the Navgraph data you can see the runway files. They will all have RWY in the title of the file. Those are the ones that need to be removed for airports that are not present in FSX.

Version 1.4 working with FSX: SE?

Only a community member with intent maintain informed to the simulator community about DCS: World news and progress

More news to the front....

Disclaimer: I´m not member of DCS: World team, Eagle Dynamic team or None official 3rd party.

Great program. Unfortunately it seems to crash my P3D v2.5.

I've been able to replicate a CTD always at the same point (entering 27L in EGLL) with AIController active.

Five times in a row I got the following error:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    Prepar3D.exe
  Application Version:    2.5.12942.0
  Application Timestamp:    54d283cc
  Fault Module Name:    MSVCR100.dll
  Fault Module Version:    10.0.40219.325
  Fault Module Timestamp:    4df2be1e
  Exception Code:    40000015
  Exception Offset:    0008d6fd

When I did not run AIController, no CTD occured and I could finally take off.

The last message in AIController usually was about a conflict and removing an a/c from approach (probably when I entered the runway).

I only run ASN and AirTrafficManager alongside AIContoller.

I tried reinstalling all the C++ libraries, even reinstalled P3D and got the same error.

Any idea why this is caused? Configured everything as stated in the readme, left the settings at default and only activated SID/STAR for EGLL.

After you decompile the Navgraph data you can see the runway files. They will all have RWY in the title of the file. Those are the ones that need to be removed for airports that are not present in FSX.

thanks JS, but then my next question (sorry), I have done all sid stars from the PMDG folder, but how would one know which airport is not in fsx...? :unsure:

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

You need to run the Force Update of Runway and Taxi Data. This will not tell you, but get the data ready. Then when you run AIController it will tell you, but one airport at a time. So then you remove the RWY files and then run AIController and it will tell you the next one.

There is another way but it is just as time consuming.

Let me ask you: what countries are you going to keep data for?

Hello Clipper!

Here, the same problem:

Nombre del evento de problema:    APPCRASH
  Nombre de la aplicación:    aicontroller.exe
  Versión de la aplicación:    1.4.0.0
  Marca de tiempo de la aplicación:    54e010da
  Nombre del módulo con errores:    MSVCR120.dll
  Versión del módulo con errores:    12.0.21005.1
  Marca de tiempo del módulo con errores:    524f7ce6
  Código de excepción:    40000015
  Desplazamiento de excepción:    000a7676
  Versión del sistema operativo:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Id. de configuración regional:    3082
  Información adicional 1:    1620
  Información adicional 2:    1620dbaf8dc4c576293bbf0c81152d09
  Información adicional 3:    74f1
  Información adicional 4:    74f140e517e18b89070246aa49b0bfbf

I have Prepar3d v 2.5.

all my microsoft visual C++ updated. the verbose is 1:

AIConfigLastUpdateTime=1424631365
AIStopProgram=0
STAR=.\GC\*.* 
SID=.\GC\*.*
DistMOE=1
DegreesMOE=1
NoVectorAltitude=1500
NoVectorDistance=7
AITurnScalar=1
AISpeedScalar=1
AIPatternAlt=3000
AIAscentDescentScalar=1
AIMonitorRadius=200000
AIMaxSpawnDistanceFromSID=10
AIMaxSpawnDistanceFromSTAR=200
AISeparationDistance=1.5
UserAISeparationDistance=1.5
AIHoldingAllowed=4
AICustomHold=0
AIGoAroundLeaveArea=1
AIAutoSTAR=1
UT2Compatibility=0
AITelemetry=0
AIHighSampleRate=0
Verbose=0
Debug=0
AIAllowPiston=0
AIHoldingTurnScalar=1.2
AITrafficSpeedAdjust=0.70
AITurboPropSpeedAdjust=0.70
AIPistonSpeedAdjust=0.70
AIJetMaxAltitude=32000
AITurboPropMaxAltitude=20000
AIPistonMaxAltitude=9000
AIVectorSortPeriod=10
AIMaxHolding=50
AIReleaseTimerMax=120
AIDecreasingTimedRelease=1
AIForcedReleasePriority=1
AITargetLandingRate=0.75
AIMaxWanderTime=240
AIAntiOffAngleApproach=1
AICircleUntilAssignedRunway=0
AIHoldForRunwayPattern=1
AICirclingTimeNoRunway=600
AIAntiScudRunner=1
AIFinalApproachTooLow=1000
AIFinalApproachTooHigh=10000
AIAntiClosePair=0.164
AIAntiRunwayIncursion=1000
AIFinalApproachUseFile=1
AIFinalApproachAutoRecord=0
AIRecordRollOutSpeed=20
AIRecordFinalMaxTime=600
AISpeedIAF=180
AISpeed1700=170
AISpeed1000=160
AISpeed500=150
AISpeedTouchDown=145
AIFinalApproachSlowDownScalar=0.80
AIRollOutSlowDownScalar=1
AIRollOutTime=90
AIIAFDetectionDelay=10
AIImmediateForceLandAll=0
AIFinalApproachGoArounds=0
AIShortFinalRelease=0
AIFinalPrecisionModeAlt=3000
AIFinalTurnScalar=2.3
AIFinalAscentDescentScalar=0.90
AILandWithoutClearance=1
AIClimbOutHeight=900
AIMaxSpawnDistanceFromAirport=5
AIPerAircraftCalibration=1
AITrafficPattern=1
AIStraightInAngle=35
AIJetRoutesEnabled=0
AIAverageWinds=000000
AIJetRoutesFlightLevel=18000
AIJetRoutesLowerLimit_Jet=28000
AIJetRoutesUpperLimit_Jet=38000
AIJetRoutesLowerLimit_Prop=18000
AIJetRoutesUpperLimit_Prop=220000
AIMinTripLengthForJetRoutes=90
AIJetRoutesTerminusRadius=70
AIPreferredJetRoutes=J,U
AIDisFavoredJetRoutes=
AIPreferredJetroutesScalar=1.25
AIDisfavoredJetroutesScalar=1.25
AIJetRoutesOnly=0
AIJetRoutesOrigin=1
AICull=0
AICullHeight=0
AIEnhancedApproach=1
AIEnhancedFinalDist=7
AIEnhancedFinalHeight=3000
AIEnhancedFinalTurnAngle=45
AIEnhancedFinalBase=7
AIEnhancedFinalStraightinAngle=30
AIEnhancedRandom=0
AIEnhancedTaxiSeparation=250
AIEnhancedTaxiSpeed=25
AIEnhancedMinRunwayLengthJet=6500
AIEnhancedMinRunwayLengthTurbo=2900
AIEnhancedMinRunwayLengthProp=980
AIEnhancedMaxAIPerRunway=5
AIEnhancedMaxHdgDifferenceForRunwayBalancing=40
AIEnhancedRunwayIncursion=1
AIEnhancedParkAfterArrivalTime=30
AITaxiDeaccellScalar=0.93
AITaxiAccellScalar=1.15
AITaxiOffAngleSlowdown=10
AITaxiOffAngleStop=35
AITaxiDistMOE=20.0
AITaxiDegreesMOE=0
AITaxiDistRunwayExit=30
AITaxiBearingRunwayExit=65
AITaxiTurnScalar=1.25
AITaxiCollisionAngle=15
AICollisionDetect=1
AIRampNoCollisionWaypoints=5
AIEnhancedInjectDepartingAI=1

(GC is the name of the folder of my airport zone where i put stars, sid and aprroach)

thanks for your great work!. i hope you can help us.

abraham.

After a Long time check, i figuered out some issues.

First: While complaining that the enhanced mode doesn´t work i stumbled over the strange fact, that there have been 4 (!) ini files.

I used the possibility of the "alternative ini", placed i a folder called "Alternative Ini" :rolleyes: . But finally i had 4(!) ini´s.

One aicontroller.ini in the exe directory, one in the "Alternative ini" Folder, additional one "aicontroller14Aaicontroller.ini" there and one with the same name in the root directory of the Harddisk. I simply struggled with crosschecking the settings in the menus compared to the .ini file.

I finally had to deactivate the Alternate Ini choice to keep only the one in the .exe directory .

So, that´s strange, but i can better live with only one .ini...

Maybe you can explain one day how to use the alternative and what it is good for. For now it is hard to notice, which is really in use when i start aicontroller.

What else?

OK, first i notice, out of 100 approaches maybe only 2 times the hand written final approach is used, 98 times the enhanced autogen approach will be selected by aicontroller. Well, though i expected the opposide, basically it is OK. It simply mean, that we/i have to optimize the STAR´s one more time.

What i nevertheless noticed is, that aicontroller failed to match the correct approach (at least at EDDL).

Planes are comming over STAR´s from north (XAMOD, TEBRO ect.) to RWY 05R. At RONAD (still north of the airport) aicontroller select a left hand based approach (should be right).

But what really happens is, that the ai turn left immediatly, move to the south side of the ILS and doing a right hand based approach.

May it be that the code mess up left and right hand approaches sometimes?

Regarding the EDDF issue, yes, i have it myself, the only rwy that works is the new 07L/25R, (which indicate that it is NOT the stock data that is read) but the traffic dissapears because no taxi data is available.

Similiar to EGLL from Aerosoft, aicontroller don´t find taxi data.

Once again EDDL, also Aerosoft payware, may it be that aicontroller doesn´t care about the parking codes? E.g. Gate A is completly occupied by Lufthansa, but aicontroller sent a turkish airlines and a TUI to  Gate A, but a Lufthansa to Gate B, that definatly don´t have a DLH Gate. ( There have been free A Gates). And a Air Berlin was sent to a GWI  parking spot...

By the way, taxi routing is an adventure by itself, starting from the place where the ai stops at the Runway, the time until it leaves the Runway and the interaction with traffic controlled by P3D.

At least i came closer to a smoother rolling regarding the stop and go while taxiing.

You need to run the Force Update of Runway and Taxi Data. This will not tell you, but get the data ready. Then when you run AIController it will tell you, but one airport at a time. So then you remove the RWY files and then run AIController and it will tell you the next one.

There is another way but it is just as time consuming.

Let me ask you: what countries are you going to keep data for?

Just did Canada.......

thinking about US and some southern americans, but not the world that would be work for a monk :P

Canada went fast for me.

US has a fair number to remove.

SA countries go pretty fast.