Sign in to follow this  
Clipper Ocean Spray

AI Controller 1.4 (SID, Jet Route, STAR and Final Approach) (New) Beta

Jim, not sure. My windows is configured to make automatic updates.

Anyway, you mean this one?

Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013
The Visual C++ Redistributable Packages install run-time components that are required to run C++ applications that are built by using Visual Studio 2013. Release Date: 12/30/2014

Hi,

Yes correct package. Make sure you have used the x86 update, even if you have an x64 operating system.

Go to Control Panel/Region and Language/Formats tab. What is in the Format window?

Format window is in English (United States). 

I was in doubt if I have x86 update so decided to installed, however windows said I have a newer version of the program, then I gave up.

Other odd stuff is that when tried to install Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 comes an error message saying it is not a win32 valid app. 

Thank you very much for you help.

I'd take a wild guess and say that the original download for AI Controller is corrupt. That's the main reason that you would get that error message. It's the OS saying that the exe  does not have the proper file structure of a 32 bit Windows application.

Try downloading the AI Controller installation package again.

Hi Captains,

quite honestly i don't think that this is the problem, as I stated before - I have the same download working on two machines - one Win7 Prof. language german - decimal deliminator set to period (.) where AIController works..... exept for the SIDSTARConverter error which comes up with the  AIConv.exe. error.......

on the second machine - Win7 Ultimate Lang. english - decimal deliminator period (.) - Neither the SIDSTAR Converter nor the AIController work - both come up with the AIConv.exe error - both logs can be seen a few posts prior....

kind regards

quite honestly i don't think that this is the problem, as I stated before - I have the same download working on two machines - one Win7 Prof. language german - decimal deliminator set to period (.) where AIController works..... exept for the SIDSTARConverter error which comes up with the  AIConv.exe. error.......

on the second machine - Win7 Ultimate Lang. english - decimal deliminator period (.) - Neither the SIDSTAR Converter nor the AIController work - both come up with the AIConv.exe error - both logs can be seen a few posts prior....

Understood, and the different results on different machines can provide some useful clues.  However, first, let's make sure this isn't a locale issue (comma-deliminated decimal) that is persisting via output to temporary files.  Can you please delete the following files:

AIController.ini

AIControllerPath.txt

taxi_graph.txt

AIControllerList.txt

jetroute_graph.txt

Then, load AIMonitor and (1) configure the paths, (2) force update of runway a taxi data (don't change the default SID/STAR paths), and (3) start AIController.  If it happens again after these step, can you please email the .ini, AIControllerPath.txt, and a clipped portion of the taxi_graph.txt file to my support email address in the readme.  Much appreciated!

-Roland

Understood, and the different results on different machines can provide some useful clues.  However, first, let's make sure this isn't a locale issue (comma-deliminated decimal) that is persisting via output to temporary files.  Can you please delete the following files:

AIController.ini

AIControllerPath.txt

taxi_graph.txt

AIControllerList.txt

jetroute_graph.txt

Then, load AIMonitor and (1) configure the paths, (2) force update of runway a taxi data (don't change the default SID/STAR paths), and (3) start AIController.  If it happens again after these step, can you please email the .ini, AIControllerPath.txt, and a clipped portion of the taxi_graph.txt file to my support email address in the readme.  Much appreciated!

-Roland

Hi Roland,

sure give me a few minutes

regards

Hi All,

Have been following this thread/topic for a while and seems like a very nice piece of software. For ATC I am using VOXATC as it let's the FO do the talking and it auto assigns SIDS/STARS etc. I quite like it altogether. Does AIController work in combination with VOXATC or will they bite each other? If not yet, are there any plans to make them work together at some point?

Thanks.

Daniel

I'd find it had to imagine they could work together because VOXATC injects its own AI so that it can control them directly and I would guess that that would cause all sorts of conflicts as the two applications both try to control them.

Andy

With regard to the scenery.cfg, the default option looks at AppData\Microsoft\FSX where there is essentially a backup version of scenery.cfg. My active scenery.cfg actually resides in Program Data\Microsoft\FSX - which should AIController be looking at?

Great program by the way, I'm still working on my installation, and it's coming together OK I think.

Regards

Rob

I'd find it had to imagine they could work together because VOXATC injects its own AI so that it can control them directly and I would guess that that would cause all sorts of conflicts as the two applications both try to control them.

Matias looked into this earlier.  If I remember correctly, he found that the main issue was with AI arriving at a monitored airport, departing AI seemed ok.  

On a positive note, the arriving AI injected by VOXATC doesn't have destination data assigned to it, so AIController can't control this AI and thus doesn't interfere with whatever VOXATC is trying to do with its AI.

On a negative note (just regarding the interaction of the two programs, not VOXATC), the VOXATC-controlled AI and the AIController-controlled AI will not coordinate with each other when arriving at a monitored airport.  A lower traffic densities, it might not be a big deal.  At higher densities,  I guess it depends on what the individual user finds tolerable.

-Roland 

With regard to the scenery.cfg, the default option looks at AppData\Microsoft\FSX where there is essentially a backup version of scenery.cfg. My active scenery.cfg actually resides in Program Data\Microsoft\FSX - which should AIController be looking at?

I just double checked the "Autoscan" button on AIMonitor and it selects the correct Program Data path to the active scenery.cfg (e.g., C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\).  Is anyone else (in addition to Rob) seeing something different?  

-Roland

Matias looked into this earlier.  If I remember correctly, he found that the main issue was with AI arriving at a monitored airport, departing AI seemed ok.  

On a positive note, the arriving AI injected by VOXATC doesn't have destination data assigned to it, so AIController can't control this AI and thus doesn't interfere with whatever VOXATC is trying to do with its AI.

On a negative note (just regarding the interaction of the two programs, not VOXATC), the VOXATC-controlled AI and the AIController-controlled AI will not coordinate with each other when arriving at a monitored airport.  A lower traffic densities, it might not be a big deal.  At higher densities,  I guess it depends on what the individual user finds tolerable.

-Roland 

I just double checked the "Autoscan" button on AIMonitor and it selects the correct Program Data path to the active scenery.cfg (e.g., C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\).  Is anyone else (in addition to Rob) seeing something different?  

-Roland

Yes, hi Roland, I have a P3Dv2.x only install - and if I autoscan I still get the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX entry which ofcourse leeds to a unable to reed error down the road.... as long as AIMonitor is still set to FSX mode

and if I press Change option for the P3D version of the ProgramData it autoinserts it to the FSX entry.....

but thats only minor....

regards

Richi

regards

-Roland

Another Rob :mellow: : 

- No, not another path to FSX but autoscan also fills the path to P3D that I don't have installed

- my error is indeed resolved by changing decimal position from comma to point

- I noticed that my AIControllerPath.txt contains the line "SPath=D:\FSX\Scenery\1107". none of the other numbered scenery-folders are in the file. May not mean anything but looks not consistent.

Rob

Roland,

tried some things today;

downloaded again the beta version just to be sure. Unpacked and opened Aicontroller, all ok. So I thought and was hopinh that the problem was solved however. When opening Aimonitor and after forcing an update ( went ok ), I get the following error See Pic  :lol:  B) . Trying to find if there is somewhere a comma in the option settings.

Knipsel_v9b6hq.png

- No, not another path to FSX but autoscan also fills the path to P3D that I don't have installed
- my error is indeed resolved by changing decimal position from comma to point
- I noticed that my AIControllerPath.txt contains the line "SPath=D:\FSX\Scenery\1107". none of the other numbered scenery-folders are in the file. May not mean anything but looks not consistent.

Rob where did you find the comma?

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

Rob where did you find the comma?

Windows/Configuratiescherm/Land en taal, wijzig Nederlands in Engels.

It did not work immediately but after executing this instruction it worked:

AIController.ini

AIControllerPath.txt

taxi_graph.txt

AIControllerList.txt

jetroute_graph.txt

Then, load AIMonitor and (1) configure the paths, (2) force update of runway a taxi data (don't change the default SID/STAR paths), and (3) start AIController.

Rob