Sign in to follow this  
Clipper Ocean Spray

AI Controller 1.4 (SID, Jet Route, STAR and Final Approach) (New) Beta

bib974, on 18 Mar 2015 - 3:17 PM, said:

Thanks for this, I am currently trying this, even though it can be quite troublesome if there are many node. Do you confirm increasing from 1 to 2 (for example) actually disfavors the said node? There are actually two numbers at the end of each statement (usually 1,0), what does th 0 stand for?

Just the lines that start with "X" (not "O"). Yes, increasing from 1 to 2 disfavors the node. Why not use ADE though? I think you can "close" the taxi link in ADE, compile the airport, add it to the addon directory, then AIController should read the ADE-modified .bgl with a higher priority (as long as addon scenery is higher priority).

My bad indeed, I was doing it a stupid way by looking for the specific nodes coordinates and then research them into the taxi graph file. Will try your way with closing taxi link an compile from that.

However, I still have lots of trouble with AI taxiing behaviour, I cant get them to stop point their noses left and right everytime (except sometimes maybe on a straight taxi line). Tweaking the 4 options that effect this behaviour is still quite difficult for me

Thanks!

However, I still have lots of trouble with AI taxiing behaviour, I cant get them to stop point their noses left and right everytime (except sometimes maybe on a straight taxi line)

I could solve that by reducing Taxi-speed from 15 kts (default) to 10 kts at AIMonitor options . It looks much smoother now (for me at least).

Roland,

Thank you again for this great program.  I have some feedback and thoughts.  So far, love the ability to have AI be forced to land at specific runways, splitting up the runway workload for people like me who run 100% custom AI based on up-to-date real-world schedules.  That feature is working well, and go-arounds are non-existent so far.  And to push the envelope, would it be feasible to even have a 4th runway forcing option for those that want it?  Just checking.  Also, is it possible to have an option to turn off the warning pop-up, telling the user that you are forcing the runway choice.  To be honest, that is driving me a little crazy when spotting. 

I added KSLC as an airport using the SIDSTAR convertor, and the aircraft seem to be following the SIDS and Stars just fine and splitting into three landing runways as I directed.   On the AI Controller Log, it reads  Read STAR32 filename = G:\AICONTROLLER\AICONTROLLERV14B\KSLC\*.*  and Read SID33 filename = G:\AICONTROLLER\AICONTROLLERV14B\KSLC\*.*   I have verified via a search that I do not have a duplicate AFCAD.  The AI Controller path file has this entry  TAXI=KSLC,G:\Ultimate VFR Utah\Ultimate VFR\Ultimate VFR Utah Imagery\scenery\KSLC_ADEP2_BCS.BGL   However, for a reason that I cannot figure out, my custom AFCAD is not being adhered to by the enhanced taxi feature.  Lots of issues.     Half of the aircraft vanish on the runway when the roll out is complete.  Aircraft that do taxi park where ever they wish, not according to parking codes, including in the same parking space as AI that is already parked.  This specific custom KSLC ADE AFCAD works fine in P3D without AI controller.  The only things I changed in AI controller taxi in procedure is for the taxi roll-out, changing the speed to 18 knots and I turned off collisions since it makes aircraft disappear.  I am at a loss about what I am doing wrong.  I would add that the aircraft that do park, park at odd angles, not adhering to the ADE parking spot cleanly.  Is there a file or log I could check on this, verifying I have everything installed properly?

Other thoughts, I really like how the aircraft on final approach seems to waver a little (realistically) as they come in for a landing.  Nice touch.  The landing animation though is rough.  The main landing gear touch down fine (not very smooth though), but then the animation for the front gear is very abrupt and instantaneous.  Not sure if the AIR file or AI controller is causing that.  I am using AIA, AIG, TFS, OSP, and FAIB models primarily.

Just thinking out loud here.  The custom ADE AFCADS work great in P3D or FSX.  The way the aircraft taxi, and park at the correct gates per our parking codes, and hold for other AI aircraft work just fine.  Is is possible to give the user the option to have AI Controller completely release the AI aircraft to the default or custom ADE AFCAD once the roll-out is completed?  Or another thought, release AI Controller to P3D with the ADE or default AFCAD with only the taxi speed and turning radius options being utilized by the taxi feature.  Not sure if that is even technically possible.

One last note.  The departing AI traffic taxis out to the runways and take off correctly.   

Thanks for your consideration.

Brian S.

For whats it worth I am running Steam

Did you install the Steam simconnect versions (there's some instructions in the readme)?

I'm using the XP version on a somewhat ageing laptop at present. With a fresh install I cannot get the application to create a taxi_graph.txt file. As a work around I created it on my Win 7 machine and copied it across and it worked OK. I have checked and double checked the .cfg file and the paths are correct. Could it be something missing in the XP version of AiController?

In relation to setting the location for sidstar files I want applied, it would be nice if the option existed to set the paths in one part, say STAR, and have them copied automatically to SID? Would save a bit of selecting and ensures nothing is missed.

I wish I could check the win_XP version, but I don't even have a winXP platform.   I might try to install a virtual machine using one of my old winXP disks.

Regarding unifying STAR/SID parts, I've had this suggestion before.  I see your point, I'll consider it.

Any other ideas? Anything I can supply you with to try and pinpoint this problem let me know.

There's a chance you're having the same issue regulate discussed in his later post.  Can you please contact me at my support address, I have some steps I would like you to take.

if you are talking to me, yes.  I have all the simconnects and 608 from steam, the sdk from fsx and acceleration installed. On all machines. I have no issues with opus running on the x32 client. I installed 1.4b on my server  to see if it would run and it did. I took it off and reinstalled it on the win7 x32 client and i can update the config path and ai controllers reads everything and then stops and says to make sure i have the latest blah, blah, blah.  I appreciate the program, i never had a moments prob with 1.3 with wide clients, (fsuipc) , which is installed,  Obviously 1.4b is alot nicer lol, if I ever get to enjoy it. i realize thats it beta and i didn't pay for it, but 3 days of pulling my hair out is no fun :).   Surely, I am not the only one, i see alot of posts on here for everything else but simconnect? I have been reading, looking all over the internet and yes fs developer for clues to my problem.   When you go gold and get it all tweaked, I will be the first in line to buy the program or donate to a charity of your choice.  Thank you...for allowing me to spew :)

Bob M

hello clipper! although you have read many times before, i repeat: thanks! aicontroller is a great tool!.

my little doubts:

1) the AI turboprop and piston speed adjust scalar settings are only working when the enhanced mode is enable. my control piston aircraft is on. (1), but this doesnt work when enhanced disabled. is that true?

2) sometimes the planes of one of some airports go to star points that arent usually in the route of arriving or departing planes in real. I have set in sidstar converter program that it makes the conversion setting an "8" in the Min STAR Wpt Distance, and Min SID Wpt Distance. But te program ignores it. what do you recommend?

3) i have also seen that taxi traffic entering on runway to take off stops very well when a plane is on final to land. After it lands, then the other takes -off. But this only works when enhanced mode is disabled.

the reason why i disable enhanced mode is because when planes land, they go until the finish of the runway and are stuck there. they stop and dont move. This doesnt happen when enhanced mode is disabled. Do you thinks there is a solution?

thanks very mucho for the help. i hope they are not a lot of questions for you.

holds from spain.

abraham.

As a work around I created it on my Win 7 machine and copied it across and it worked OK. I have checked and double checked the .cfg file and the paths are correct.

Let me back up a bit, before we assume WinXP is the issue, are you able to decompile (force runway update) on the networked WinXP machine without an error?

However, for a reason that I cannot figure out, my custom AFCAD is not being adhered to by the enhanced taxi feature.

Regulate, can you please contact me at my support email address given in the readme?  I need to perform some extra trouble-shooting steps.  Thanks!

Surely, I am not the only one, i see alot of posts on here for everything else but simconnect? I have been reading, looking all over the internet and yes fs developer for clues to my problem.   

If the standard FSX simconnect program AI Traffic.exe isn't working, then you have a simconnect config issue.  Installing  and configuring simconnect isn't the easiest thing to do.  I can appreciate that it seems to work on one machine, but not the other.  Just stick with it and keep researching, you're probably very close.  Make sure to enable the simconnect debug console, I usually find that helpful to better pinpoint where the connection is failing.

the reason why i disable enhanced mode is because when planes land, they go until the finish of the runway and are stuck there. they stop and dont move. 

First I heard of that!  What airport is this and if non-default, what publisher?  Let's focus on this problem as it seems to be the root cause of your other issues.

There's a chance you're having the same issue regulate discussed in his later post.  Can you please contact me at my support address, I have some steps I would like you to take.

Sure Roland, I'll drop you an email shortly.

Thanks

Andy

GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Just an accident. I said well being sim connect, I'll use one of the simconnect cfg files from the samples in the sdk directory, like asn, copy it (asn on different machine) and stick that in there in the ai controller directory. I also copied a couple of dll's from fsi panel and opus fsi ; 608 and 61637 and put port 500 in simconnect cfg. Not sure if asn will connect now since it uses that port, will try. now. i launched pessimistically and the next thing I know, ai controller has connected. I said D.... !  Maybe something to think about is including a sample simconnect txt document or something to set off red flags to the installer. I realize that alot of people use ai controller on the main server but this being on a client with only a few other programs, I would have never known to do what I did.  I am 64yrs old, like to watch the planes go by and not the swiftest that ever fell from a tree.  Thanks Roland. We'll see if the program crashes and burns but right now its just humming along.. Thanks, Bob

Bob M

NEW: Improved Landing Animations.  Consistent touchdown smoke, wheels (including nose-wheel) make firm contact with runway at correct angle, no more smoke effects when AI exits the runway and enters taxiway.

I am using version 1.4B and still have this problem.  The smoke effect happens when the AI exits the runway.

Regulate, can you please contact me at my support email address given in the readme?  I need to perform some extra trouble-shooting steps.  Thanks!

If the standard FSX simconnect program AI Traffic.exe isn't working, then you have a simconnect config issue.  Installing  and configuring simconnect isn't the easiest thing to do.  I can appreciate that it seems to work on one machine, but not the other.  Just stick with it and keep researching, you're probably very close.  Make sure to enable the simconnect debug console, I usually find that helpful to better pinpoint where the connection is failing.

First I heard of that!  What airport is this and if non-default, what publisher?  Let's focus on this problem as it seems to be the root cause of your other issues.

the airport is GCLP, form sim-giants. do you think we have a solution?

Let me back up a bit, before we assume WinXP is the issue, are you able to decompile (force runway update) on the networked WinXP machine without an error?

I'll check but from memory the 'decompile' box displays fleetingly and there are a couple of pauses with messages about a couple of scenery paths (one to Timezone.bgl? - the path for FS Real Time and I forget the other) then nothing.

Had another go and the variety of of errors shown are many and varied and not worth my effort pursuing as I will be ditching the XP option within days so selfishly if other XP users are happy - good - otherwise they can report their problems.

I have uninstalled it from the XP machine.

NEW: Improved Landing Animations.  Consistent touchdown smoke, wheels (including nose-wheel) make firm contact with runway at correct angle, no more smoke effects when AI exits the runway and enters taxiway.

I am using version 1.4B and still have this problem.  The smoke effect happens when the AI exits the runway.

I figured it out.  Disable Ehanced Mode and animations work as they are supposed to.