Sign in to follow this  
deetee

PMDG DC-6B on approach

Does anyone else noticed the instruments look very flat on the screenshots? Like if there were no 3d needles modelled?

Other than that, i'm pretty excited (would be just tiny little bit more excited if it was MD-11 ^_^ )

Regards,

Radek

Guest JustanotherPilot

Does anyone else noticed the instruments look very flat on the screenshots? Like if there were no 3d needles modelled?

Other than that, i'm pretty excited (would be just tiny little bit more excited if it was MD-11 ^_^ )

I think it's in keeping with panel of that vintage - the instruments were mounted flush with the glare shield, not recessed until about the 1950's. Looks good. I would like to see a PMDG do a MD-80/B717 modeled with the their high standardy. With the immanent release of the Qwsim B733/4 and B787 the 717 is the only modern jetliner not to an acceptable standard.

I think it's in keeping with panel of that vintage - the instruments were mounted flush with the glare shield, not recessed until about the 1950's. Looks good. I would like to see a PMDG do a MD-80/B717 modeled with the their high standardy. With the immanent release of the Qwsim B733/4 and B787 the 717 is the only modern jetliner not to an acceptable standard.

The question is what are you comparing against? X-Plane, right? :lol:

Regards,

Radek

I think their product looks great.  Sort of like steam locomotives, props just seem to have more "life" to them.  I guess my age is showing here.  I have not been into FSX or P3D in so long that I have not used PMDG in those and am looking forward to their XPX releases.  I personally like props if the sound is consistent with what I know to be right.

On another topic, if I might ask here, is there any way to tie both left and both right engines into two separate quadrant levers?  I don't have room to stick 3 more quadrant boxes into my setup and have always had to fly quads by using F1 and F2 to bring them all up at the same time.  Not very realistic.

John

John Wingold

i'm more excited for the IXEG 737, not buying the dc6.

Definitely more interested in the 733 but I will buy it anyway to show my support for PMDG joining the ranks of X-P developers. Who knows it may even be fun.

On a general note, out of all the platforms X-P is the one I have most affinity with, yet at the same time I am loathe to invest too much on add-ons until I see some movement on things like visibility, weather and ATC. Thanks to people like Andras, Tony and the massive freeware community X-P is gaining momentum, but LM really does need to make some progress on that stuff or at least broadcast a feature road map for upcoming XP10 updates. So while I do look forward to flying the voluptuous IXEG, I have the feeling I will still be seeing a dog's breakfast when I glance out the window at FL330.

PMDG is using this entrance as sandbox to learn, so they will be more than happy if sale break even (my HO of course).  I am not an classic airliner type, too complicate for me.  Beside this type of bird requires more than one pilot at the helm.  Wishing PMDG the best for this, but I will have to wait for the next product from them.  Luckily for Xplane, this bird will also be released for FSX and P3Dv2 as well, so it will further reduce their cost.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

i'm more excited for the IXEG 737, not buying the dc6.

I'm with you; I'll pass. My next purchase will be the IXEG or the PMDG 747.. 

Fantastic!!! I love these Ole' Classics,This will find a nice spot in my Hanger next to The Wonderful LES DC-3,I think this was a smart choice for PMDG.Very Happy it was not their 737.

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Guest JustanotherPilot

The question is what are you comparing against? X-Plane, right? :lol:

I have X-Plane FSX and P3D. They are all good, it was just a cross platform wish.

717 is the only modern jetliner not to an acceptable standard.

Look up TFDi. They are working on a 717 for FSX/P3D. I have no idea where they are in development. Now back to the DC6!

NAX669.png

Guest JustanotherPilot

Look up TFDi. They are working on a 717 for FSX/P3D. I have no idea where they are in development. Now back to the DC6!

Thanks for the info, I'll be watching development closely.

Day one purchase for me.  One of the best prop-liners of all time!