Sign in to follow this  
XCLTM3

PMDG 737 NGX Update SP1D - possible issue with FS2Crew?

Hi,

My NGX+FS2Crew rig has been working stable without the need of any special tweak since first installation some months ago. The few problems I had were basic and I resolved reading the manual.

The NGX SP1c was completely uninstalled by the book, and the version SP1d was installed without problems.

I did not reinstall my FS2Crew 737NGX (Button) and got a complete sound mess after turning on FS2Crew panel and error messages in its display.

I'm a bit confused because each one of the users' systems described in this post had different reactions. Now I don't know if I wait for a fix (or Reboot?), try to reinstall FS2Crew, get married or buy a bike.

Simply, there is no such thing as two or three stable weeks for a FlightSim user.

Best

Heron Domingues, Jr

Intel Core I7 10700KF, 3.80GHz (5.10GHz Turbo), Gigabyte B460, RAM 32GB, Corsair 750W, GPU Palit RTX 3060, Windows 10 Pro 64., P3Dv5.4.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Just completed my first flight after a fresh reinstall of both the NGX (SP1d) and FS2Crew incl Emergency and it worked out just fine except for two things.

The below lines did nothing, no confirmation nor any actions performed.

'You can disconnect the external air and the GPU now'

'Please connect the GPU and the external air now'

Not a big issue really but of course it would be nice if it somehow could be fixed so FS2Crew for the NGX will work 100% with the latest version.

Richard Åsberg

Not a big issue really but of course it would be nice if it somehow could be fixed so FS2Crew for the NGX will work 100% with the latest version.

Hi Richard,

That wouldn't be associated with SP1D.

The speech recognition system probably just didn't hear you properly, especially if you didn't see it in the Green Bar.

Reboot is coming...

Hmm...have been working just fine for 100 of flights until now when I did a fresh install of SP1d and FS2Crew and what I said did show up in the green bar. Also I tried it several times but must be something else wrong then.

Richard Åsberg

Hi,

I decided reinstall FS2Crew (Button) on NGX SP1d and... it worked! Have just landed on KSNA from KDEN with a plain successful flight using APU to power on DEP and ARR.

Glad I got back my crew.

Thanks for all for the suggestions.

Best

Heron Domingues, Jr

Intel Core I7 10700KF, 3.80GHz (5.10GHz Turbo), Gigabyte B460, RAM 32GB, Corsair 750W, GPU Palit RTX 3060, Windows 10 Pro 64., P3Dv5.4.

Hi,

I decided reinstall FS2Crew (Button) on NGX SP1d and... it worked! Have just landed on KSNA from KDEN with a plain successful flight using APU to power on DEP and ARR.

Glad I got back my crew.

Thanks for all for the suggestions.

Best

When you say you used APU to power up on your dep and arr is that how you normally operate rather than using external resources or did you experience the same thing I did where you didn't get a response to your request to disconnect/connect external resources?

Richard Åsberg

Just completed my first flight after a fresh reinstall of both the NGX (SP1d) and FS2Crew incl Emergency and it worked out just fine except for two things.

The below lines did nothing, no confirmation nor any actions performed.

I have used these commands without any problem with SP1D.

Brian Johnson

i9-9900K (OC 5.0), ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Z390, Nvidia 2080Ti, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, OS on Samsung 860 EVO 1TB M.2, P3D on SanDisk Ultra 3D NAND 2TB SSD

I have used these commands without any problem with SP1D.

Ok, then it must be something else so will look more into it tonight.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Richard Åsberg

Maybe the reason they didn't do anything is that you didn't say PLEASE.   Ground crew needs respect too...  :P  :lol:

When you say you used APU to power up on your dep and arr is that how you normally operate rather than using external resources or did you experience the same thing I did where you didn't get a response to your request to disconnect/connect external resources?

That's how I normally operate. I've never tried the other way, on external sources. But I can try... Please, note that my version is Button.

Best,

Heron Domingues, Jr

That's how I normally operate. I've never tried the other way, on external sources. But I can try... Please, note that my version is Button.

Best,

Thanks for kindly offering your help but Brian already confirmed in a post above the commands I had trouble with indeed are working fine in his case running the SP1d version of the NGX meaning it must be something else that caused the issue in my case on yeterday's flight.

Will do a new attempt tonight and see if I can find the culprit. Very strange since all other commands were working just fine and for these commands where I had this issue they did display correctly in the green bar when I checked indicating they indeed were identified correctly by FS2Crew.

Richard Åsberg

Just completed the return leg back to ESSA from ESGG but same problem this flight both on dep and arr and for the life of me I can't figure out what the problem is.

When I say 'Ground from cockpit' I get the normal response but then when I issue the command to disconnect/connect the GPU and external air I get nothing but silence and nothing happens...very annoying!

...and yes, I did remember to say please... :wink:

Richard Åsberg

Haven't had time to test it yet but I'm pretty sure I found the problem and all it took was some good old RTFM :smile:

After doing a fresh installation of the NGX to get SP1d the service interphone switch on the upper overhead panel was set to OFF so I've now set it to ON and I'm pretty sure that will do it. Do find it a bit confusing though and not totally logical that I do get a response from the ground crew when I speak 'Ground from cockpit' even without the switch turned ON.

Looking forward to do another test tomorrow and I'm pretty sure everthing will be back to normal :smile:

Sorry for wasting your time and forum space...

Richard Åsberg

Nah  wouldn't worry about it least now  if some  else  has  the same issue  least they know where to look :P this reminded me  awhile ago now  about my sound issue ,   after awhile Bryan did a remote one on one  and  even he  couldn't work out why I wasn't  getting the fa   sound  but I was getting  the fo  etc.  Since I just updated to the latest version at this stage, But  the previous version had worked  so Bryan was going  to send  me the previous  gauge to install. Anyway  just by a off chance I decided  to test the speakers  and found out my right speaker wasnt working  but the left one was so got  another set  and all went ok. So lesson learnt  always test your hardware first before making  a idiot of  one  self lol

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg