Sign in to follow this  
XCLTM3

PMDG 737 NGX Update SP1D - possible issue with FS2Crew?

To get everything to work, you need to do a complete reinstall of FS2Crew?  When I ran mine (just reinstalling the panel cfgs) there was an SDK error and the copilot could not read the position of the switches.

To get everything to work, you need to do a complete reinstall of FS2Crew?  When I ran mine (just reinstalling the panel cfgs) there was an SDK error and the copilot could not read the position of the switches.

You need to do more than just re-install the panel.cfg.

You need to manually add this to your 737NGX_Options.ini located in the PMDG -> PMDG 737 NGX folder.

[sDK]
EnableDataBroadcast=1

The FS2Crew installer would normally do that, but it will only do that in the Microsoft FSX version.

Ok, thanks, I am using the FSX version.  I will add it as soon as I can.

If you're using the FSX version, then the FS2Crew installer should have automatically added that line for you.

Your problem is probably something else, like using saved situation files or not having the cockpit load into the 2D cockpit by default.

http://www.support.fs2crew.com/help/manuals/#pageid=pmdg_737_ngx4

Doing a testflight right now and I seem to have quite some issues with FS2CREW and SP1D (regular FSX version).

- SDK error as mentioned above

but also:

- Switches are set correctly but F/O still asking "are you sure about that" on the preflight/before start checklist (window heat, passenger signs, anti collision light, ...)

- Transition altitude/level not being taken into account and defaulting to 18000

- Descent checklist: autobrakes RTO instead of Level x announced

- F/O announcing altimeters in inch/hg when hpa should be announced

- On the briefing panel: minimums are set to RADIO when minimums knob on MCP is set to BARO. Not able to make it switch to BARO on the briefing panel.

just to name a few.

Will post back if I find more issues

Mathieu

edit: important note I didn't mention. I did NOT reinstall FS2CREW after uninstalling NGX SP1C and installing NGX SP1D. Maybe I should do that first...

Mathieu Souphy

Doing a testflight right now and I seem to have quite some issues with FS2CREW and SP1D (regular FSX version).

but also:

- Switches are set correctly but F/O still asking "are you sure about that" on the preflight/before start checklist (window heat, passenger signs, anti collision light, ...)

- Transition altitude/level not being taken into account and defaulting to 18000

- On the briefing panel: minimums are set to RADIO when minimums knob on MCP is set to BARO. Not able to make it switch to BARO on the briefing panel.

just to name a few.

Mathieu

edit: important note I didn't mention. I did NOT reinstall FS2CREW after uninstalling NGX SP1C and installing NGX SP1D. Maybe I should do that first...

I had the same problem until I did a complete uninstall and reinstall of fs2crew and emergency. Now it will read the panel coŕectly.

But now I have another problem. Whenever I get the load sheets the sim will crash hard! No response for minutes and the finaly an error message and fsx quits.

Bryan,

I'm pleased to report:

I've just completed a flight with SP1d and all went well. No reinstall of FS2Crew necessary.

Still get the warning message when opening the FS2Crew config mngr, but that's no big deal.

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

if i were to buy the current version of fs2crew for the ngx, would I have to buy the new version aswell? or is it a free update.

Maybe its just me but I find the voices in the emergency pack are much better in clarity and tone than the T777 fs2crew

ZORAN

if i were to buy the current version of fs2crew for the ngx, would I have to buy the new version aswell? or is it a free update.

Reboot will not be free.

It's almost a brand new product.

You can still buy the current version from the FS2Crew website.

Still get the warning message when opening the FS2Crew config mngr, but that's no big deal.

You can disregard that message the NGX Config Manager throws you about SP1C.

Just click okay and ignore it.

but also:

just to name a few.

Mathieu

All of those issues are associated with the SDK error.

If FS2Crew can't "read" data out of the NGX, everything goes out the window.

Read this:

http://www.support.fs2crew.com/help/manuals/#pageid=pmdg_737_ngx4

Ok,

Checked my PMDG options.ini file and "enableDataBroadcast" was set to 1, so not sure why it was not working.

But anyway, I reinstalled FS2CREW now.

I now don't have the sdk error any longer when starting the FS2CREW panel. Did not do a full flight, but quickly went through the pre-flight checklist and the F/O didn't seem to moan about the switches now, so it looks fine.

So bottom line: it's best to uninstall/reinstall FS2CREW for the NGX after installing the SP1D update...

Mathieu Souphy

Does anyone else have the crash in preflight at t minus 8 minutes when the load sheet arrives? I have a clean install of ngx sp1d and fs2crew. The crash happens every time i do the full preflight and I have no other problems with fs2crew. I get the sp1c warning but no sdk error.

Does anyone else have the crash in preflight at t minus 8 minutes when the load sheet arrives? I have a clean install of ngx sp1d and fs2crew. The crash happens every time i do the full preflight and I have no other problems with fs2crew. I get the sp1c warning but no sdk error.

I just went through a full preflight with the F/O performing his tasks, and had no issues at T-8 or any other point... was using US-Male

try using another voice set. I remember in the past that sometimes I would have such issues with some voice sets.

Mathieu Souphy