Sign in to follow this  
Chri

OPTIMIZE_PARTS=1

Hi Ryan, I think because this tweak spends time optimising parts, that is, it creates a simpler set of meshes that can be drawn quicker in the end, it would seem simply that since the PMDGs are more complex, there is a better chance they will benefit more from the setting anyway. No fault of the PMDG model design itself.

Exactly right.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Exactly right.

Thanks Jude.

With recent GPUs there are emerging several optimisation techniques, including Instancing I mentioned earlier, which can improve performance but only if the objects in the scene lend themselves to those techniques.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Guys....this thing is awesome! Its feels like I was dreaming and a voice said ''...there is a hidden option in the Prepar3D.cfg that will bring steady 30fps with PMDG and complex scenery..."  and then, you normally wake up frustrated and think "Damn! It was a dream....''  

I am now sure I'm not dreaming. I see this tread for a second day in Avsim... :lol:

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

Have been following this thread and wanted to add my 2 cents.

Tested this last night. Config as follows:

i7 4790k

GTX780

8GM RAM

HT enabled - no AM

Prepar3d 2.5

Active Sky Next

FS Global 2010 FTX Edition

FTX Global

FTX Global Vector

FTX GLobal OpenLC Europe

REX4 Texture Direct

Majestic Dash 8 Q400

FPS locked at 30

Sitting on the runway at EICK

OP=0

23fps

OP=1

21-23fps, not stable

Seems to benefit the Majestic Q400 less/not at all going by others. PMDG NGX and T7 benefit the most.

Cheers,

Steve

Guys....this thing is awesome! Its feels like I was dreaming and a voice said ''...there is a hidden option in the Prepar3D.cfg that will bring steady 30fps with PMDG and complex scenery..."  and then, you normally wake up frustrated and think "Damn! It was a dream....''  

I am now sure I'm not dreaming. I see this tread for a second day in Avsim... :lol:

What FPS count are you getting now?

With recent GPUs there are emerging several optimisation techniques, including Instancing I mentioned earlier, which can improve performance but only if the objects in the scene lend themselves to those techniques.

Makes me wonder, it is possible that complex scenery theoretically can benefit from this setting too? Or are these meshes strictly related to the VC?

OMG this is amazing! I am getting 35+ FPS in the VC on the PMDG 777. Awesome find! Just wondering what its doing to my machine though :)

EDIT : This was at Flightbeam KDEN 

Try KSFO and post please.....KSFO is the real killer....(with PMDG 777)

Pedro

I did a flight using the PMDG T7 from KLAX to KMIA at the heaviest payware airports available and got an extremely smooth takeoff and landing at 30 fps locked. I saw a definite improvement in fps.

Erich, because we have discussed our settings in previous threads, this time I used: 

(I like to always give my full settings as separating them is not good for judging and making estimates)

Prepar3D:

FXAA: On
MSAA: 4x
Texture Filtering: 4x
Texture Resolution: High 2048 x 2048
Vsync: On
Triple Buffering: On
Frame rate: 30 fps 

Autogen Density Settings - Medium to High (according to location)

Nvidia Control Panel:

Nvidia Inspector:

-Frame rate: 30fps
-Transparency supersampling: 4x Sparse Grid Supersampling

Prepar3D.cfg:

[JOBSCHEDULER]
Affinitymask=14

[Main]
Fiber Frame Fraction=0.01

[sim]
OPTIMIZE_PARTS=1

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

Works here, from 20 to 28 fps in 777.

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

Guys,

We'll need further guidance from LM on this if there's something that needs fixing - our models most certainly are optimized to reduce draw calls and our P3D models are not just the FSX ones thrown into the P3D folder - they were adjusted and exported using the P3D specific tools provided in the P3D SDK. If there's something LM's realtime optimizer is doing that we don't know about then they will need to make that information public so that we (and other devs) know about it.

Optimize Parts had no impact whatsoever on my NGX using v2.4. Frames remain low (high teens) at complex airports with many of the sliders on mid to low setting.

My rig: i7 3820 @4.6 GHz, GTX770 4Gb, 16 Gb 1833 RAM

Steve Mac

Have been following this thread and wanted to add my 2 cents.

Tested this last night. Config as follows:

i7 4790k

GTX780

8GM RAM

HT enabled - no AM

Prepar3d 2.5

Active Sky Next

FS Global 2010 FTX Edition

FTX Global

FTX Global Vector

FTX GLobal OpenLC Europe

REX4 Texture Direct

Majestic Dash 8 Q400

FPS locked at 30

Sitting on the runway at EICK

OP=0

23fps

OP=1

21-23fps, not stable

Seems to benefit the Majestic Q400 less/not at all going by others. PMDG NGX and T7 benefit the most.

Cheers,

Steve

That would follow the logic since the mesh of the 737 and 777 is more complex (more dials and buttons and textures to begin with ;-)

André

Erich, because we have discussed our settings in previous threads, this time I used: 

(I like to always give my full settings as separating them is not good for judging and making estimates)

Great.  I'll run my tests this eve.

Has anyone tried this using the 777,  Aerosoft's Heathrow and  AI Traffic?

Weaker system than yours. I don't use AI, but I was getting 26-30FPS, up from 20FPS.

Aamir Thacker

Great.  I'll run my tests this eve.

Well tested with the NGX there and was at 28 betweenl 44 fps with UT2 ;-) So did now several test flights out and into Heathrow :-)

André

Maybe I missed it.....but did anyone confirm whether this tweak works with FSX?

You p3d guys (and gals) are sooo lucky....

Zachary Kerr

"I fly a fake plane on my computer and I love it!"