Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Words I need to share with our Community

Awful awful news. I'm very sorry to hear that. :(  I wish you all the best Tom, and I hope there is some sort of miracle to keep you alive and healthy in many years to come.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

First, and foremost,  may God give you peace.  Also to your family.    

Second, how can this community help avsim?   Not just financially but with any other duty or resource?   People can and often do, do amazing things at the time of need and trouble.

Take great care.   And if you have not written letters to your family so that they can have your words and thoughts, do it now.    It will help and they will cherish these.

God speed and great care,

Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Well gosh, Tom.

We thousands in this little community are so very much better off for your commitment, leadership, good sense, and human values. You know, and we can only echo, how much you have meant to so many for so long.

So it's an honor to salute you today.

Best personal wishes to you and your family. … And please, friend, hang in there.

--Mike MacKuen

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Tom,

I'm deeply sorry to hear that. thanks for your hard work here at avsim. Try to be as many as you can with your family and be strong!

Gosh...my heart hurts. Shocking, numbing news Tom. 

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

Tom, because of you and this wonderful website you create, I was able to find a hobby that has brought much happiness into my life at a time when I needed it the most. I just want to say thanks for your hard work. Appreciation for what you've done is one of the reasons why I decided to give back by writing reviews for Avsim.

I know that there isn't much one can say to take away the pain and suffering but I will try my best to do so in a PM since another aspect of my life takes me close to individuals who are going through what you are right now.

y572_3.jpgC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Marlon Carter - AVSIM Reviewer

i  feel deeply for you. all i can say is, keep on fighting. my heart felt sympathies to your family.

best regards, ajay

Colonel,Indian Army.

My rig : z370  i9 9900k RTX 3090 MSI, 32 gb Ram, m2 nvme 1tb, sata ssd 1tb, 4tb hdd, 850watt smps antek bronze

my sims : DCS world, IL2 Battle of kuban, Stalingrad , MSFS, P3D 5.1, X-plane, Elite dangerous, Star citizen

I'm deeply saddened to read this very sad news Tom.

I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for the place called AVSIM, A build legacy in our small community.

I'm amazed that in this sad time you find the time to think about AVSIM.

My prayers are with you Tom and your family and I wish you a lot of strength and a lot of quality time with your family.

André

Tom:

I am not good with words but I just want to say Thanks for AVSIM and all the knowledge and joy that it has given to us. I wish you blue skies and calm winds.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Tom;

No words can describe when our lobby loses its leaders, especially those that contribute to our hobby as you have. In time, We all here will face the crossroads which you are now facing in one way or another, you are not alone on this journey..

but I want you to know.....Your leadership through Avsim.net have made my world of Flight Sim Aviation a great hobby for me.

So I join the ranks of many and salute you today. May these comments and comments of the many in their own little way give you a little peace in the days to come.

My prayers to you and your family. Your Courage to share this news with us, will remind us to make that call to our loved ones and say how special they are.

-- John

I have no words for this...Thank you Tom for all you´ve done! Without AVSIM, I would never got so much into flightsim as I am now! Thank you for the time I had the opportunity to be part of the staff!

Fly well wherever you go ...  and don´t worry about AVSIM, we´ll keep it running!

Tom,

Whatever words I try to muster seem desperately insufficient.

Hurts to hear how serious your description of the cancer -- thank you for letting us know.

Yes, a salute and sincere thanks for the work you have put in at AVSIM and for your support throughout the years for AVSIM's RTWR Race Team.

My family's prayers for you during this unimaginable time - And for wisdom for you and the staff how to proceed, that AVSIM will continue to prosper in the years ahead.

-Rob Osborne

A saddening topic on this vital board. Please accept my sincere sympathy. Your concern about the future of the community shows great strength.

Hans

Thanks for all you've done for so many of us Tom....here's hoping you'll find strength in the good wishes and the positive impact you've had, across the globe. God's speed my friend.

Tom:

There is no word can describe the sadness of my feeling right now.  You have done so much for the community, your spirit will always be with us. 

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Intel I5 3570K OC 4.2GHz, MSI GTX 670 2GB SLI, MB: Asus P8Z77-V Pro. RAM: 16GB HD:750GB