Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Words I need to share with our Community

All my years here, this is the first upsetting news my eyes has ever read on AVSIM.

Please stay strong in spirit and mind Tom. Prayers sent from my heart.

Tom, if the measure of a man's life is the good he has done for others, yours has been rich indeed.  Thanks for all the years.

DJ

That is very sad news for our community.....You'll be in our hearts and prayers Tom.

Craig and Amanda.

From Spain: every five days of seven i enter in avsim world that you create. Like a little child, i discover a world of planes, afcads, scenerys, tools, etc,etc...and have the sensation of flying happy.

thanks for your efforts to do this so good.

and please: "no one can say to you how much you are gonna live. even a doctor".

many holds, and thanks again.

Tom,

Words can not express the sadness in my heart. i met you at the Avsim convention in Kansas City. You are greatly admired by me and among the thousands of others here at Avsim...my second home for many, many years. You are in my thoughts and prayers. If you are up to reaching out, please PM me anytime if you already don't have my contact info. We are all here for you Tom.

Sincerely, Jeff Moss

I started out making freeware through this site & now I'm able to support my family through FS scenery. Without Avsim, I wouldn't have made it. Thank you Tom.

I am so sorry to read this, Tom. I have known you for 15+ years, and you have been nothing but a gentleman to me. Peace be with you, my friend.

Don Moser

Thank you Tom. The Lord is kind and will be with you and your family.

Clinton Royston Fernandes.

Vabb-Mumbai India.

Tom, I'm very sad to hear this news. AVSIM has added so much to the lives of thousands of people, pilots both real and virtual. I discovered flightsim as a hobby in relatively recently (2012) and the flightsim community, AVSIM in particular, has been instrumental in helping me learn and discover so many things about virtual aviation. Thanks so much!

Barry Friedman

I appreciate and honor your courage and honesty to share such personally devastating news.  Take comfort that a near total stranger such as myself can be so moved by this, and that our love and concern for you is very real.  My prayers are with you and your family.

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

The absolute MOST used bookmark in my browser(s)  since 2002 >>   (avsim.com) .    You have obviously affected more lives than you will ever know.

Godspeed dear Tom ...

WAT1460.png

I appreciate and honor your courage and honesty to share such personally devastating news.  Take comfort that a near total stranger such as myself can be so moved by this, and that our love and concern for you is very real.  My prayers are with you and your family.

Well said Sir

Rich Sennett

God Bless you, and those you will leave behind..My wife and I have you in our prayers.Teecee.

Tom: I have been flight simming for 35 years (my first simulator was A2-FS1) and it has brought me a lot of joy, challenge, and entertainment over the years. Since I discovered Avsim 10+ years ago it has done more than anything else to keep me informed and entertained about the world of flight simulation. I don't know you personally nor do I know of the many other great things you surely have accomplished in your life, but judging by Avsim alone you have left a positive mark on this Earth and made a lot of people happy. All I can say is thank you.