Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Words I need to share with our Community

Never met you Tom. Never even spoken or written to you before, but a huge thank you for all the enjoyment you have helped to give me and many other people. 

Thank you so much

Your unknown friend

Paul

Tom,

I was very saddened to learn of your cancer and the prognosis.  It is difficult and painful to contemplate what you and your family are coping with.  My thoughts will be with you and your family.

It is hard to find the words to express how much I appreciate and value the AVSIM community you have nurtured, encouraged, and sustained over many years.  Thank you.

Jeff

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

When I read this news yesterday, I simply didn't know how to react. I still don't know how to react.

Even though I've never met Tom or anyone else from the AVSIM forum in person, the community we have is in many ways quite like an extended family. Whenever we get news of this nature I can't help but react emotionally - especially if it is a long time member of our community. In this case it's the first member, and the impact was simply devastating to me last night.

As you take on this battle, know that AVSIM is in good hands with the team you've assembled over the years.

Take care of yourself, Tom. Know that there are so many of us concerned for your well being and wishing on you and your family nothing but good thoughts and prayers. This may sound trite, but if there's anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to ask.

-Greg Gemanowski

Sorry to read your news.

You will be in our prayers.

Good luck.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60GHz. RAM 32 GB 1 500GB SSD and 1 2TB HDD NVIDIA RTX2080Ti 11GB WATER COOLED

I don't know you personally, but my heart too hit the floor. You exemplify the kind of guts I'd want to display in such a situation.

Thank you sir for creating a place where I could go to relax all these years, a place of cordiality, discipline, camaraderie and learning. Your steady stewardship has meant more to me than I can ever begin to express.

Godspeed Tom, wherever the road leads, strength to you and family in this challenging time.

Regards,

Mark

You will be missed by us all, but your legacy will live on in the form of the community that you have created and maintained. Members will rise up and insure that Avsim lives on in tribute to you. I salute you kind sir!

Thanks a lot Tom....I'm sorry to hear what you are going through....AVSIM has given my joy for the 13 Years I have been simming....Such terrible and shocking news.....Have faith in God at this distressing and troubling time. My heart goes out to you and my prayers are with you and your family. God Bless.

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

My heart goes out to you and your family Tom. Dreadful news. I hope you can stay comfortable for as long as possible.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Tom,

Im keeping my fingers crossed for a miracle, never give up.

God bless you,

Turo

Tom,

The thoughts and prayers of our community are with you and your family as you face the challenge that has been placed before you. Our best wishes are for you and your family.

You have created in Avsim something that you may be very proud. It has enriched and touched many lives around the world. These days, there is not much out there that can make that same boast!

Take care of yourself and your family.  We will ensure that Avsim continues in your honor!

Rich Boll

Wichita KS.  

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

Tom,

Your work with AVSIM has made a difference for thousands of people. Thanks for that.

Those next set of wings will no doubt trump all the previous ones.

Thoughts and prayers with you and your family.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Tom, this is very sad to hear.

AVSim have been the place where I have found many good adons.
One can see, when there is put much time, entuiasme and soul into a project. These qualities can also be seen in AVSim, so a BIG THANK YOU shall sound from me, for what you have done for the simulator enthusiasts.

Hope that your last time among us will proceed at the very best way.

AVSIM has brought so much value into my hobby. Thank you so much for this. As so many have already said the time has now come to focus on yourself and your loved ones. Spend as much time as you can with them and do what you feel is right at each moment. AVSIM is a thriving community and I am sure, you have a competent staff that can take over.

Again, thank you so much for AVSIM and the immense value it brings to our hobby. My thoughts go to you and your loved ones and I shall pray that your remaining time shall be comfortable, painless and that you, at the end, can move on looking back at a great life with a sense of joy and satisfaction of everything you have experienced, learned, and accomplished.

You have brought joy and value into many people's lives. Know that this is a great accomplishment that only few achieve.

Tom,

You are a courageous man who leaves an indelible footprint.  Let us pray for a miracle.  They do happen.

Stan