Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Words I need to share with our Community

Tom,

I do not know what to say or wish... as the future has already been written. Too bad you already know yours... or maybe this should be seen as an opportunity for you and your very close relatives, friends.

Allow me to use a catchphrase that most of us know. I mean it sincere. Live long and prosper.

All the best.

Regards,

Vital Vanbeginne

I am very sorry to hear this Tom. I'm speachless you still care about AVSIM and our little hobby in such a time. Spend your time with your family and friends and keep in mind if there is anything you need a whole community stands behind you!

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

Tom, so sorry to hear the news. You have a great staff at AVSIM to take care of it. I hope you are able to take the time to spend as much quality time with your family and friends that time will permit. From the bottom of my heart, my prayers and my families, will be with you. May God bless you...............

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

I'm at a loss for words Tom, my prayers go to you and your family. I've known you since day one and have never respected anyone in the flight sim community more than you. You're also the reason I joined AOPA way back in the day and started taking flying lessons.

I'm in Ohio, please let me know if I can be of any help, and I mean anything Tom - just let me know and I'll be there!

Please take care of yourself and your family!!

Peter

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

As a fellow cancer sufferer,I would have to go with an above comment,"Never Give Up"! Sending prayers!

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

So sorry to read your news Tom. Thank you soooo much for supporting AVSIM, as a relatively new member it's fantastic resource.

Kind regards

Jay

Jason Jackett

I was flabbergasted to read this.  I'm hoping there's some sort of miracle for you Tom.  If AVSIM were to fold under today, I consider myself a better person because of all of your tireless behind the scenes efforts and the pleasure it gives me to be part of this community.  I'm praying that AVSIM will not go under and that God takes you under his wings in peace.

Although I've never met you in person, thank you from the bottom of my heart for the joy that is AVSIM and providing the thousands of us a great place to share, learn and just simply have fun.

Chris Sunseri

Damn, Tom, this is just awful news. I don't know what the right words are in a situation like this. I'm glad we got to meet on several occasions. I still remember the various Avsim conferences as some of the most fun I've had in 'simming. You've built a truly impressive entity with Avsim, and I hope it's some consolation that it will continue after you've left us - it's quite a legacy. I wish you the best of luck, peace, and comfort as you finish your journey, no matter how long it takes. 

Bravo Zulu!

Bill

Tom I`m sorry to hear your news.  You have given so much to the flight sim community over the years.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family what ever the outcome.

Doogie

There are no words that I can offer except "I am so sorry". As other have said and will continue to say, thank you for all you've done for the flight sim community.

Shocked and upset to hear this I have no words. 

Mo45

Tom I am shocked and saddened to hear this news...I am not a religious man but I am going to pray for a miracle for you!

I can't believe this! I am so saddened to hear this news. Please spend your time with your family. I hope and pray there will be some miracle that will eradicate this disease!

Having met you in person several times I know of your dedication and enthusiasm to the flight sim community. I will never forget the joy you had at the Denver conference about flying the B747 simulator!!

You are in my prayers!

Al

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

Tom,

from me and my family, we wish you strength and courage in this situation.

Amazing that you consider Avsim more important than your own health. 

Wijnand, Wilma and Thomas Lindelauf (EHBK)