Sign in to follow this  
aceridgey

To FSX users on the fence for P3D 2.5

This refusal by some people to purchase P3D because they think it is breaking some grand cosmic rule never ceases to amaze me.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

i would like to try it but do not meet the licensing rules. Not prepared to cheat.

Good job, Alan!!

This refusal by some people to purchase P3D because they think it is breaking some grand cosmic rule never ceases to amaze me.

I so agree with this. Maybe these guys are those sitting in their darkened rooms, joystick clutched in their sticky hands, waiting for a knock on the door from the dreaded "Men in Black".

Maybe they get their entertainment from trolling & telling all that they prefer game playing than simulating flight!

Lol... it seems that the lines have been drawn.... the gamers with FSX:SE & the simmers with P3D!

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

(...)

Maybe they get their entertainment from trolling & telling all that they prefer game playing than simulating flight!

Lol... it seems that the lines have been drawn.... the gamers with FSX:SE & the simmers with P3D!

Is there really a need for a member of one group of "armchair/wannabe pilots" to insult another group, sharing the very same hobby?   :huh:

I so agree with this. Maybe these guys are those sitting in their darkened rooms, joystick clutched in their sticky hands, waiting for a knock on the door from the dreaded "Men in Black".

Maybe...or perhaps they are worried that LM will start wanting proof that they are entitled to use the Academic version and blocking the license if they don't have it.

Perhaps they are worried that add-on companies are starting to price normal users out of the market for P3D add-ons on the basis that they are commercial.

Perhaps they are concerned about the reluctance of some companies to provide add ons for the P3D professional platform because they believe that it's commercial only (VRS), despite the license saying otherwise.

I think that people have genuine concerns at the nature of the 'nudge-nudge-wink-wink' methodology observed.  

I feel that i can justifiable state this as the owner of a P3D Professional license. 

FSX:SE supports the various study aircraft all the PMDG series, Majestic Q400 and the 'soon' to be released FSL A320 no mention of a P3D release.  Tell me again how or why FSX:SE is a game?

I am with Oliver, dreadful comment, haven't you in the past criticized people for this style of comment?  I am pretty sure you have.

Ian R Tyldesley

Maybe...or perhaps they are worried that LM will start wanting proof that they are entitled to use the Academic version and blocking the license if they don't have it.

Let's not start rolling out scare stories about this. If LM wanted proof, then they would ask for it during the purchase process.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Perhaps they are worried that add-on companies are starting to price normal users out of the market for P3D add-ons on the basis that they are commercial.

Perhaps they are concerned about the reluctance of some companies to provide add ons for the P3D professional platform because they believe that it's commercial only (VRS), despite the license saying otherwise.

I think that people have genuine concerns at the nature of the 'nudge-nudge-wink-wink' methodology observed.  

I feel that i can justifiable state this as the owner of a P3D Professional license. 

FSX:SE supports the various study aircraft all the PMDG series, Majestic Q400 and the 'soon' to be released FSL A320 no mention of a P3D release.  Tell me again how or why FSX:SE is a game?

I am with Oliver, dreadful comment, haven't you in the past criticized people for this style of comment?  I am pretty sure you have.

I'm not criticizing at all. just stating the obvious.

One MUST remember that we are talking about 2 different programs here. One being redistributed by the largest game (entertainment platform) distributor around, targeting newbies, gamers &, obviously, existing simmers, & yes, being modded!

The other, a commercial/professional version that has been updated about 10 times now, &, as on the LM site ..."Acceptable uses of Prepar3D include Simulation, Learning, and Training".

Remember, they ARE 2x different programs, with a load of commonality, BUT targeted to different markets.

So, if the devs want to develop for a pro sim, they are fully entitled to, & charge accordingly. Just as the users can decide what they prefer.

The devs do NOT have to develop for both.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Or maybe people just believe in honesty.

That's actually ironic since they are both nearly identical minus the makeup.

That's actually ironic since they are both nearly identical minus the makeup.

The difference is that P3D is based on ESP and FSX:SE is based on FSX. Both the products they are based on are from Microsoft, the difference is the intended market. ESP was licensed to be sold by third parties and used in commercial, non-entertainment settings (sound familiar?).

Talking of honesty:

"We also made it clear that we were not viewing P3D as a platform that normal entertainment license FSX simmers should go out and "switch" to. That's not the purpose of the platform at all by LM's own account."

In: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/461652-07feb15-pmdg-777-200lrf-300er-for-p3d-released/?p=3172462

Or maybe people just believe in honesty.

Honesty as defined by a Lawyer?  Oh that's funny!  OMG, what's going to happen to all those real world pilots that were entertained while using P3D ... off to jail they go because they weren't honest.

Folks, please stop dancing the EULA dance, you know the rules.

Cheers, Rob.

Sorry, but every time that I see a really, really daft comment about P3D, I have to respond.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png