Sign in to follow this  
N405GJ

Hawker.....Again

Wait and see for me.  I want a bizjet in P3Dv2, but so far Carenado is a major disappointment in this area, from what I read on the forum.  

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

"There's no way to go direct to a fix further down in your FP with the C550.

I do not have the C550 ...

If the Hawker cannot do "Direct" to a waypoint .. I will have to also give it a pass.

I guess we need to wait and see what it can do .. I would want to program my own real world routes (not FSX/P3D plans) .. use airways .. do Holds / SID/STAR / VNAV etc.

I have not used the Proline FMS system prior so do not know all that it can do in real flights.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Proline is the name of the MFD/PFD etc...  the FMS is basically the same one as the C550... a Universal to some degree.  There's different versions of the universal...  the one they made in the hawker looks like the one in the citation.  And the citation can accept flight plans you enter etc.... but you cannot select direct to a fix further down the line.  At least I can't get it to work.

The real one is really nice...my good friend uses one in the C90GTi - that aircraft actually uses the PL21 avionics as well.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

"Proline is the name of the MFD/PFD etc...  the FMS is basically the same one as the C550... a Universal to some degree. "

Thanks for the background info ... looks like a no purchase on first day ... need to figure all this out ... which functions are working and which ones are not.

My piggie bank ($$) for P3D purchases is just real low right now ...

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Respectfully, the Proline 21 suite includes a Collins FMS.  In the Hawker, specifically, it's the FMS 6000. If Carenado models a Universal FMS in the Hawker, then that is a huge fail to me. Just my opinion.

Yep, according to Carenado's Facebook page it is on another "Final Approach". Having gotten into PMDG's products I am starting to see how Carenado puts out nice eye candy, but the systems leave something to be desired. Let's hope the Hawker is a step in the right direction.

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

If it's xml coded, it can be fixed. The Direct To bug that is.

Good then it should be easy for C to fix *sigh*

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Wow, that final approach must have instead, been a holding pattern. Looks like they are really struggling with the systems.

But at some point, they had to pay their dues in terms of the learning curve. We continue to wait and watch  :P

Well, there is final approach, then the 10nm final, then the outer marker, then the middle marker, then minimums, then the inner marker, then the runway threshold......then touchdown.

:ph34r:

I let out an audible laugh reading that. well played!

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

I let out an audible laugh reading that. well played!

Ah...someone picked up on that... :D

More pics on FB.  No release or release date, again.  What kind of game are they playing??

--WH

More pics on FB.  No release or release date, again.  What kind of game are they playing??

--WH

The hype game...This thing has been in the pipeline since last summer, I'm sure they're just building up the excitement to the highest level they can get it to before release.

I can understand trying to build excitement for an upcoming release, but they should really give more information than pictures. Status updates, a realistic ETA, or what they are working on prior to release. I am certain this aircraft will have a premium price point. My guess is $40-$50 USD. I have no issue paying that for a product that I know will be of superior quality like PMDG or A2A aircraft. However, if this turns out to be as badly implemented as the Citation was at release, and I think I'm not alone here, this will be my final purchase from Carenado.

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

It's funny because Carenado will get criticized if they release an aircraft too fast (they're just pumping them out to make money) or if they take a while to make one....

The hype game...This thing has been in the pipeline since last summer, I'm sure they're just building up the excitement to the highest level they can get it to before release.