Sign in to follow this  
Matthew Kane

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Official Teaser #2

OK Now I am getting excited, the sights and sounds of it is really bringing this together and to top it off Han Solo and Chewie

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I've watched it at least 10 times now  :lol:

Please don't mess up Disney!

The new storm troopers and tie fighters look slick, and the ruins from former battles. 

Please don't mess up Disney!

They've done well with the Marvel movies so far, which is a good sign.

I know. I actually have faith in Disney after seeing these awesome trailers. I also can't wait for the Battlefront trailer coming out tomorrow!!!!!! The only thing I didn't like is them saying that the Extended Universe is "non-cannon" now.

I think they will pull it off. They have invested heavily and I like JJ Abrams. I am certain after the movie is released their theme parks will showcase a lot of Star Wars attractions, been over 10 years since I've been to Disney so they just may get me back at some point with my daughter.

This was the entire point of their movies was to get you into the theme parks so this seems pretty cool.

I watched a portion of an interview with JJ Abrams this morning. He mentioned that he was only eleven years old when he saw the first Star Wars movie.

What I remember is that I managed to watch the entire movie seven times on the day of release... I kept hiding in the restroom until the movie started up again... :Whistle:

Well, as someone who remembers watching the classic Star Wars movies in the cinema when they were originally released, I am not embarrassed to admit that watching this trailer brought a tear to my eye. I am really looking forward to this now.

I think Abrams will do a good job, as long as he doesn't interject time travel as he did in his otherwise excellent Lost and Star Trek. Star Trek in particular kept the characters true to their original nature, as opposed to a director's ego deciding to put his own "fresh take" on it. Abrams has spoken with reverence about the original Star Wars - I get the feeling that he wants to create the Star Wars universe as he would have imagined it when he was a kid.

I too remember seeing the original Star Wars in the theater with my father, as a kid. I think there were still lines a week after opening. If he were alive I'm sure he would be just as excited to see it now as he was then.

I am not embarrassed to admit that watching this trailer brought a tear to my eye.

This is exactly how I reacted to that teaser.  :Big Grin:

Pretty please Disney, DON'T MESS THIS UP! As posted up above!!!!

Well, as someone who remembers watching the classic Star Wars movies in the cinema when they were originally released, I am not embarrassed to admit that watching this trailer brought a tear to my eye. I am really looking forward to this now.

You too?  I thought I was the only one that got MANLY tears of joy at seeing a REAL Star Wars sequel trailer and not the tripe fed to us by a clinically insane Lucas.    Okay well maybe he's not that bad...  NO!  NO!   I will not apologize!  He was insane!  He gave us Jar-Jar Binks... T_T  That will never go away.. ever... it cannot be unmade.... It's with us until the planet explodes... *cries*  Please JJ!  Wash the bad images out of my mind with this new masterpiece!  I beg you! 

The (possible) villian looks like Darth Revan...that would be pretty cool. 

My parents took me to watch all three movies (before the horrible new ones, around 30 years ago now) back to back at the cinema...BEST DAY EVER!!!

That last part of the trailer (where Han Solo says "Chewie, we're home") is when the floodgates opened for me. I'm betting it's when both of them set foot in the Millennium Falcon for the first time in a while. If that's the case, it's gonna be a tear jerker of epic proportions for me. Han Solo and Chewbacca flying what is arguably one of the most iconic (and loved) spacecraft of all time in a new Star Wars movie? It doesn't get much better than that.

I wonder if it makes all of those beeping sounds in the cabin? Hey, maybe it also has those little rockets for vertical take offs?!! :lol:

Given the feedback on this forum and generally on the internet, does anybody else feel that this films audience is going to the 30 something people reliving their childhood?

Just a little note.

The part where the narration about the Force being in the family is Luke's dialogue from Episode VI where he is talking to Leia at the Ewok camp.

Given the feedback on this forum and generally on the internet, does anybody else feel that this films audience is going to the 30 something people reliving their childhood?

Star Wars is still huge with children today. My girlfriend is a 5th grade school teacher. They know all about it.

For those who were there originally, it's more like the 50 something crowd.

Just to bask in that childhood, we (the original) all have our 'first seeing' stories, and are in Lucas's debt for creating a pop-culture mythos that is as strong now as it was in 1977 (even though he botched the second trilogy).  I too wait, like a kid on Christmas eve, for this film's release.

More like 40-50 something!

I predict the biggest opening in movie history. That familiar melody brings goose bumps. Who can ever forget it ? 

I'm one of those 50-somethings who can't wait for this.

jime

My 12 and 10 year olds are huge Star Wars fans! They're more excited than I am!!

Of course they recycle popular genre's, recently has been Transformers and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles so that the Parents that used to play with that stuff can now buy them for their kids.

I am noticing that in 2022 will be the 40th anniversary of E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, and that will be when my daughter will be 8 years old, so perhaps Steven Spielbergo will be doing a 40th anniversary edition so my Daughter can become the next generation of buying all that stuff too. That film hasn't had a come-back yet

I predict the biggest opening in movie history. That familiar melody brings goose bumps. Who can ever forget it ? 

I predict another movie ticket price hike. They always slip those in with new Star wars films.

This is exactly how I reacted to that teaser.  :Big Grin:

How on earth did you get that video of me? :o

You'll be hearing from my lawyer..... 

:lol:

In all seriousness, I can't wait.  When they announced that JJ Abrams was directing, I really enjoyed his Star Trek films (I had previously regarded Star Trek as pretentious drivel, so that's high praise from me :P  ), so I think it's in safe hands....