Sign in to follow this  
raymar

Many folks thought they would never see this day . . .

Meaning a Carenado corporate jet with ProLine 21 avionics, Navigraph and 450 knot speeds flying in both FSX and P3Dv2.5. This may be an awakening to many.

Today is finally 'release day' for the Hawker 850XP. I wish the team success with the roll out.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Now if only it has a decent flight model...

DJ

Here's hoping your review comes along quickly Ray, I'm looking forward to seeing what you think of it.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Anyone seen this airplane yet?

I think a lot of people are holding off until they see some other mug user buy it, and show it off Bert!   :lol:

So far I've seen 4 threads raving about release, but no pics as yet.

I've seen plenty of pics, it's flight model, flight systems and frame-rates I'm most interested in! :)

The three F's.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

I think a lot of people are holding off until they see some other mug user buy it, and show it off Bert!   :lol:

It seems some people are having issues with the displays being blank. I suspect it may be the new Nvida drivers they seem to break everything or it maybe user error.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

My understanding is the flight model should be on par with the S/II Citation, which I consider excellent. The FDE comes from the same flight model guru.

Regards,

Ray

The FDE comes from the same flight model guru.

Come one Ray, one or two Carenado FDEs are passable but, "Guru" ? :smile:

I'd save that tag for Rob Young, Alexander Metzger and PMDG and Majestic's FDE engineers.

Come one Ray, one or two Carenado FDEs are passable but, "Guru" ? :smile:

I'd save that tag for Rob Young, Alexander Metzger and PMDG and Majestic's FDE engineers.

All top notch FDE guys. I have most of their work and I agree they could also be considered gurus. Only problem is none of them are currently flying real jets or writing FDEs for pure jets.

Bernt Stolle is the man. Guru or not.

Regards,

Ray

Bernt Stolle is the man. Guru or not.

Very much agreed, although I do not know if he is behind this particular plane. Do you, Ray?

Back then, as he worked on many Careando/Alabeo releases, the FDE fidelity and accuracy (from checking with the rw numbers) vastly improved, up to benchmark levels.

I totally agree with you gents as well.  Prior to Bernt working on the FDE I knew that immediately after purchasing I was going to have to tinker with the Aircraft's CFG.  It was a given for all of Carenado's aircraft.  I usually spent the first few hours of ownership doing multiple test flights.  After Bernt got involved, right "out of the box" pretty much all of their FDEs have been spot on!!

He is behind this plane and the FDE is decent. You gotta set your weights and check the temps to get proper numbers.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |