Sign in to follow this  
ZKOKQ

Found this after Windows Update

Good work Julian. Sadly, I'm now in the position of reading every update that arrives! I don't trust any of them. To think I used to install everything that was thrown at me. :rolleyes:

I did too Ron. They won't catch me again :P

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I hate this stuff. I didn't even know about Application Experience or Customer improvement Program until I read this very informative topic (thank you). I checked in the Action Center, and I clearly have it set to "No". I guess that is what it defaults to, because I don't remember ever coming across it. But then when I go in the Task Scheduler, all of the tasks related to these programs were set to run anyway. I disabled them, but what the heck? These things run anyway, even if you have not opted in?

I hate this stuff. I didn't even know about Application Experience or Customer improvement Program until I read this very informative topic (thank you). I checked in the Action Center, and I clearly have it set to "No". I guess that is what it defaults to, because I don't remember ever coming across it. But then when I go in the Task Scheduler, all of the tasks related to these programs were set to run anyway. I disabled them, but what the heck? These things run anyway, even if you have not opted in?

And even penetrate windows firewall without the users knowledge. Crazy stuff!!!

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Basically everything goes through the native Windows Firewall like that.

Install a custom firewall (freeware versions available) to find out what really tries to get in and out ...   :rolleyes:

(Be aware that some of the 3rd party FWs may block dll modules in your sim, though.)

Thanks for this... And to think Cameron is trying to get the snoopers charter through next week too

14ppkc-6.png

Just had a Windows Update sneak in late last night and it was that KB2990214 trying to slip in. Deleted.

I don't seem to have a GWX folder in my Vista 64 system at work (presumably because the upgrade is only for Windows 7 systems or later), but I will check my Windows 7 64bit home PC this afternoon.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

The instructions are far from clear. Can someone please point me to the exact location where I need to go to disable this?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

go to your control panel/select admintrative tools/task scheduler/ on the left hand  side  select task schedule library  than select Microsoft  than select windows than select set up in the set up  highlight  the icon or click on the icon  you want  to select   and on the far  right hand  panel  click   disable

I just deleted   the both kbs   and  when they returned   on the next update I selected   the hide option   so far  they havnt  returned   as of  yet

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

When I click on the Select folder, I get two more folders......

gwx

GWXTriggers

If I then click on the gwx folder, I can see these two processes in the top window......

launchtrayprocess

refreshgwxconfig

Do I disable both of these, and then exit?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Do I disable both of these, and then exit?

Yes. :smile:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

It all makes sense to me now

flying along happy with FPS locked at 30 and then bam! intermittent 4 FPS for no reason what so ever and it drove me nuts but that has stopped now and I'm not happy about wasting all that time trouble shooting when all along it was Microsoft crippling my cpu

ZORAN