p51mustangguy

PMDG future projects?

Has anyone heard anything about any future projects that PMDG is working on?

There seems to be a close working relationship with PMDG and Boeing. I would absolutely love to see a C-17 project. I realize that PMDG is all about the civilian airline operations but I don't think that anyone could do as good of a job on something like that than these guys.

Brent Roberts

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yup, there's been posts in the past few months from PMDG mentioning B747v2, NGXv2, DC-6 and sometime in the future maybe a Woodpigeon.

....a Fokker Triplane....

LOL, who knows, tho something completely out of left field would be fun and surprising.

Ask me what they won't be doing.

LOL, who knows, tho something completely out of left field would be fun and surprising.

...like the Woodpigeon?  :P

• Upvote 1

Ask me what they won't be doing.

Ok, I fell for it. Me and my cat took turns trying to wipe the fly off the the monitor....:)

Ok, I fell for it. Me and my cat took turns trying to wipe the fly off the the monitor....:)

Forgot my name

Matt Bernard

MD-??

-MA?

But in all seriousness, the 747v2 is very much going to be a big one for a lot of people. And a DC-6 to PMDG standard will be fantastic. The depth and immersion of the NGX but with steam gauges and two props to entertain

Agree! already got the 737 and 777 and halted on getting the 747 untill the new one is there. Now the rumors of a "v2" NGXworries me... Definitely will not be shelling oujt for a new one after I *just* purchased the current one...

I heard the PMDG Millennium Falcon and FlyTampa Mos Eisley scenery was being coordinated for a tandem release in Q4 2015.

Due to licensing issues with Corellian Engineering Corporation, they won't be transferable between FSX and P3D.

Now the rumors of a "v2" NGXworries me...

Uh. What?

PMDG Millennium Falcon

Complete with Hyperdrive Motivator failure:

• Upvote 1

By now I'm more than satisfied if PMDG improves their current aircrafts, maybe looking the professional or training market...

The next project I think it would be the 737 MAX, but it only be launched by Boeing in 2017...

Well it would be welcome news if they stayed in the flight sim leisure business in the first place...

Uh. What?

Yeah.. it would be better if you read the whole context of the post instead of just the one line...

Product differences aside (We're all aware it would be a different product, different development times, effort etc.)  but I think it's not too hard to see why someone who *just* bought a "v1" version of a pleane would not be too happy knowing a "v2" is coming up soon :)  (of course that depends on how soon "soon" is, which in the case of PMDG even Schrodinger himself would not know... :P )

which in the case of PMDG even Schrodinger himself would not know..

LOL in that context the product is both alive and dead until it is released which forces a collapse of the probability matrix and Robert has to write a topic on how to install the remnants of the collapse.

Theres a v2 of an NGX coming out? I think you're confused with the FS2Crew reboot. They have a new version of their 737 package coming out

If PMDG is going to do another historic aircraft after the DC-6 I'd like to see the Lockheed Electra L-188. First aircraft I ever flew on.

Theres a v2 of an NGX coming out?

Yes, development has been announced and discussed.  The latest updates were primarily to address multiple platforms, there's still more to come.

Oh that is a shock. I can't think of anything wrong or more I'd want from the NGX. Unless it's an X-Plane version? However, we'll find out more during Flight Sim con I'm sure. Speaking of, does anyone know if there will be a live stream? I'm presuming not

Yes, development has been announced and discussed.  The latest updates were primarily to address multiple platforms, there's still more to come.

Wouldnt it hypothetically be a PMDG 737 v3 in any event? I distinctly remember a PMDG 737 for FS9...

Martin Lewis

Wouldnt it hypothetically be a PMDG 737 v3 in any event? I distinctly remember a PMDG 737 for FS9...

Martin Lewis

The FS9 PMDG 737 was a different product, the PMDG 737 NG instead of NGX.  With the NGX came a new product from the ground up; hence, it is often referred to as just the NGX.

Gents,

Can someone please point me to an official reference of an NGXv2? I have a feeling someone mistook what they read somewhere.

• Upvote 1

Aha so maybe I'm right, this is the FS2Crew 737 NGX reboot being referenced to...

Gents,

Can someone please point me to an official reference of an NGXv2? I have a feeling someone mistook what they read somewhere.

RSR 06 MAR 15:

Gents-

We are more-or-less constantly chatting about adding this-or-that, but always with an eye toward the primary development agenda.

Chris is correct- as of today our primary development focus is to wrap up the 744 and 748.

Then we will probably take a bit of down time and swing back for an expansion on one of the earlier products.  The 777-200ER comes to mind, as do a couple variations on the 737 theme.

Hard to say what it will be and when...  This entire FSX-SE and P3D cycle has really gotten us off track so our goal for the next couple of months is nothing by 4 engine airplanes.

End quote.

He's not calling it NGXv2 here but has in the context of what got done for 1.10.6461 and what is deferred for NGXv2.  To be clear... it is not something around the corner.