Sign in to follow this  
Tomwetering

UK2000 EGLL

Hey!

I am deeply interested in the UK2000 EGLL scenery..

And my question is: "Does this scenery pack come with AI?"

The reason I want to know this is is because I have "the World-of-ai" AI mod..

And if it doesn't, what is a good payware AI?

----------------------------

Tom van de Wetering

I can attest that UK2000 scenery works very well, but as far as AI aircraft is concerned, it is just static aircraft BUT your WoAI installation will work fine.  I had WOAI installed with EGCC and it was great.  Since I switched to P3D however, WOAI doesn't work, so I picked up an alternative called ### AI, which pretty much works the same, only you don't have to install separate airline files, it's an all in one package and yes, it is compatible with UK2000 scenery as well.  Might add that ### AI is also freeware, like WOAI.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Yes.

But they are an installation option. They help if you want the airport to look reasonably busy without putting any add-on traffic levels up too high, thus potentially causing performance problems.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

There are advantages to having static craft at airports.  If you happen to fly on a day with little airline traffic active, at least the static craft fill in so as not to think you are parked at a ghost town.  Also, with the static craft at UK2000 airports, any AI add-ons you use shouldn't conflict.  I did however have a small issue with choosing a gate for a flight out of Manchester and I couldn't figure out why everything outside my windscreen was grey.  Exterior view revealed a 747 was also parked in my spot.  That's the fault of the AI add-on, not the airport.

-Jim

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

In FS9 I had 100% custom AI running at every airport and my fps sometimes dropped to 20 but it was flyable. In FSX I cannot run any AI without a big drop in fps. So static aircraft are nice to have sitting at gates when you arrive at otherwise empty airports. if you have WOAI packages you want to not enable static aircraft as they take up parking spots.

I have most UK2000 airports but have to say Aerosoft, (they did not make it.) EGLL is better, no static or AI but the airport is a work of art. 

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I have most UK2000 airports but have to say Aerosoft, (they did not make it.) EGLL is better, no static or AI but the airport is a work of art. 

Do you  have the latest version of UK2000? Because it is always being updated and patched that is what I love most about the UK2000 developer he is very responsive and great support. I do not have Aerosoft but the UK2000 is beautiful. Maybe someone who has both can do compare shots?

I still have the original release of EGLL (MegaAirport Heathrow, I believe) and that was a nice airport but seemed to tax the system.  I see they have the "Extended" version so I am curious of what they improved on.

As for UK2000 scenery, it just plain works.  They do a fantastic job with the detail (love the alcoholics that sit by the runway at EGCC) and as along as you disable the bgls from ORBX FTX Global, no overlap, decent mesh between the airport and scenery in P3D.  Color me impressed!

-Jim

So when you say static aircraft these are only parked at the gate and won't move?

When you install UK2000 Heathrow Xtreme, an options utility will run that allows you to choose between a static option, or AI option (airlines with AFD codes). If you choose the static option, there will be lots of static airliners parked at gates around the airport, but there will also be plenty of parking spots for AI aircraft (and the user). If you choose the "airlines with AFD codes" option, you will not see any static aircraft, and there will be many more parking spots available for AI aircraft.

You can check to make sure that the correct one is installed after running the Options utility......

EGLL_AFX_UK2xGEN.bgl is the file that is installed when you select STATIC aircraft.

EGLL_AFX_UK2xTRM.bgl is the file that is installed when you disable STATIC aircraft.

Please let me know if you need any further help. I am a UK2000 beta tester.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Do you  have the latest version of UK2000? Because it is always being updated and patched that is what I love most about the UK2000 developer he is very responsive and great support. I do not have Aerosoft but the UK2000 is beautiful. Maybe someone who has both can do compare shots?

ofc, try doing a search they were topic's on it.

I love UK2000 airports I have 90% of them but EGLL imo is done better with the 4GB version, yes thats right 4GB.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I found these the other day

UK2000

2015-8-20_15-9-33-989.jpg

Aerosoft

2015-8-20_15-6-17-661.jpg