Sign in to follow this  
godimaginedme

Try 30Hz he said.....it'll be smooth he said..

It's weird because I'm running an ROG Swift at 144hz, 1440p and I sim at 30FPS with VSync off and my experience is silky smooth even though I'm not gaming anywhere near 144FPS. I tried 60hz and it just drives me nuts. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

It's weird because I'm running an ROG Swift at 144hz, 1440p and I sim at 30FPS with VSync off and my experience is silky smooth even though I'm not gaming anywhere near 144FPS. I tried 60hz and it just drives me nuts. 

Ditto to that one Ron.... and I am NOT complaining!! :smile:

Funny that I found this post, because today I almost kicked my monitor...

I have a Dell 3415w 4k at 60hz with a gtx970 and im having stutters, well I dont like to call them stutters, but small freezes from time to time, using trackir gets them more frequent, betwen them I have a smooth flying(locked at 25fps). If its monitor related!? I dont know, but im feeling a little frustrated with this...

I dont see a 30hz option in NVCP, just 60 and 50, im connected with a mini display port, but im going to check If I can put him at 30hz with another connection, I have to try all, this is driving me crazy.

I think I would pay to someone that find me a solution :P

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

Lol rob, mate that was posted before I updated my tv driver

Smooth as silk ahh yeah couldn't be happier

Yes rob smooth as silk....

that comment was prior to me updating tv driver

Running great.

I'm using a Panasonic Viera 4K TV at 30Hz, together with two 980ti in SLI.

Frame limiter (NVI) at 30 and the result is the best ever had.

Also tried 30 Hz / Vsnc, TB on, but Ezdok/TrackIr will be jaggy at that frequency. Returned to 60 Hz, Vsync/TB on, which I can maintain most of the time with moderate settings. Ezdok/TrackIr is then much smoother when moving the head left-right/up-down.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

What works for me is running my monitor 120hz (native is 144hz) run vsync @ half frames and set a frame rate limit of 58 this made P3D run really smooth. It pretty much stays at 58-60 the entire flight.

- Paul Cartier

I must admit, I've very puzzled at why you folks would see stutters at 30hz with Vsync and triple buffer if your able to sustain more than 30 fps? It's sounds almost as if your refresh is 30Hz but your monitor is still operating at 60Hz regardless?

Rob, I think you are correct here.  My Samsung will only do 60Hz (at least I am pretty sure of that) and I had selected 30Hz. refresh rate in NCP thinking I would be operating at 30Hz. then since the 30Hz. option and others had been offered in the NCP.  This was before I realized that the monitor itself would only do 60Hz.   I did have some bad stuttering when I did that.

Jeff

Jeff Smith

System: i9-9900K@5.0GHz., ASUS Maximus XI Hero MB, 32 GB 3200 Hyper-X RAM, Corsair HX1000i PSU, Cooler Master ML360R RGB, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3, (2) Samsung 860 500GB SSD for Windows 10 Pro and sim, (2) M.2 NVMe 2TB, (2) WD Black 4TB HD for data, Samsung 65" 4K curved monitor @ 30Hz. (Currently running VSync, TB , Unlimited),YOKO+ yoke, VF TQ6+,TPR pedals, Logitech Multi, Switch, and Radio Panels

Software:  P3Dv4.5HF3 Pro, Ultimate Traffic Live, ASP3D, ASCA, ORBX, Fly Tampa, GSX/GSX2, PMDG, A2A, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado, Majestic.

On other computer: P3D v3.2.3, My Traffic 6.0a, PMDG, ORBX, A2A, Captain Sim , iFly, Flight 1, Flysimware, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado

But you can easily test it: if you use vsync, the frames will be 30fps indicating that 30hz is working on the monitor.

Have you tested that?

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

But you can easily test it: if you use vsync, the frames will be 30fps indicating that 30hz is working on the monitor.

Have you tested that?

If that was directed to me.......I should have said (and I did just edit it to say) that the monitor specs said 60Hz. .

But, thanks.

Jeff

Jeff Smith

System: i9-9900K@5.0GHz., ASUS Maximus XI Hero MB, 32 GB 3200 Hyper-X RAM, Corsair HX1000i PSU, Cooler Master ML360R RGB, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3, (2) Samsung 860 500GB SSD for Windows 10 Pro and sim, (2) M.2 NVMe 2TB, (2) WD Black 4TB HD for data, Samsung 65" 4K curved monitor @ 30Hz. (Currently running VSync, TB , Unlimited),YOKO+ yoke, VF TQ6+,TPR pedals, Logitech Multi, Switch, and Radio Panels

Software:  P3Dv4.5HF3 Pro, Ultimate Traffic Live, ASP3D, ASCA, ORBX, Fly Tampa, GSX/GSX2, PMDG, A2A, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado, Majestic.

On other computer: P3D v3.2.3, My Traffic 6.0a, PMDG, ORBX, A2A, Captain Sim , iFly, Flight 1, Flysimware, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado

Jeff, what's your connection type?  HDMI 2.0, 1.4 or DisplayPort?

Cheers, Rob.

Rob, it's HDMI 2.0.  FYI for you and others:  Here's what I've finally settled into for very smooth flight: (2,000 ft. circling over downtown Seattle in default Mooney, clear weather, looking out left window down at city) Samsung 4K monitor refresh rate=60 Hz., P3Dv3.2.3  limiter=30, VSync=Off, TB=Off,Texture Resolution=2048x2048, Scenery Complexity=Dense, Building Autogen=Dense, Vegetation Autogen=Normal, Water Detail=Medium, Volumetric Fog=On, HDR=Off, MT6, ORBX FTX Global, Vector, PNW Region.  This is with CPU @4.4GHz,.HT,  AM=116, and a 980Ti Superclocked GPU, MSAA=2, 2x SGSS.

With Unlimited framerate I'm getting about 33-50.

Jeff

Jeff Smith

Thanks for the tip Rob. I am running 4k 65 inch curved Samsung, 5930k cpu at 4.5 and three 980's and have had stutter in P3D. I was running at 60 hz but changed to 30 hz after reading this thread and it is much smoother.

I do get a bit of mouse lag in windows and the mouse seems different but the mouse is smooth once in the sim. I also do have to set refresh back to 60 for my games such as GTA5 and Fallout 4 because at 30 hz they lag. I now keep it at 60 hz for everything but X-Plane, FSXSE and P3D and they go back to 30 hz.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png