Sign in to follow this  
Ian McPhail

Some switches not working

I have P3Dv3 installed, and I seem to have successfully installed PMDG 737.

I was going to use the 737 exclusively while waiting for other publishers to come up with installers, and maybe even wait for any hotfixes.

However none of the LSKs or any keys work in the CDU, ... and nor does the autobrake and there may be others.

I have run a repair and it doesn't work,  or should I really remove the NGX root and branch and try again?  Or do you have a fix?

Ian McPhail

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Have you installed SimConnect from the Redist folder within the P3D installation folder?

It does not get installed by default.

you need to install SimConnect (3 files) first, BEFORE installing the NGX and 77X.

It is written in the readme files.  :wink:

Stephane

Hi

Well I installed each of these simconnect files and installed 737 and 777 but still lots of switches not working nor FMC!

Perhaps someone can advise what I might be doing wrong?

Everything was working just fine in 2.5.

Thanks Guys

Is SimConnect.xml where it is supposed to be?

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3

Cheers

Andrea

ADamiani

I have 8 .xml files there, but none titled simConnect.xml.

Is this the root of my problem?

Thanks

Edwin

Yup. look here (this is v2.5 find equivalent in v3): \P3D\redist\Interface\FSX-RTM\retail\lib for example where you will find one of the installers with a msi extension.

Gents-

We are exploring an update to our P3D products that will cause them to automatically up/down shift to find a valid simconnect install, thus alleviating this type of hassle.

We will let you know when it is ready.

I have the same problem. I ran all three installers and still don't have a simconnect.xml in the C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 folder. If it's not there, where is it? Can it be cut and pasted from wherever it is?

Thanks!

Russ

I have the same problem. I ran all three installers and still don't have a simconnect.xml in the C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 folder. If it's not there, where is it? Can it be cut and pasted from wherever it is?

Thanks!

Russ

+1. No luck. 

Didn't help me either.

So does anyone know where simconnect.xml went when we ran the installers?

Russ

I am missing my simconnect.xml as well but everything appears to be working apart from landing lights at night. I do have all versions of simconnect installed.

I have some stuff that works, mostly on the main panel. Pretty much everything on the overhead is dead, as well as the cdu. Very annoying...

Russ

I am having the same problem, I have followed the instructions in the readme file and installed the T7

I noticed these error messages in contentErrorLog.txt

[error.0]
error=Key values exist outside of a section: 
 File:C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 777-200LR\panel\panel.cfg
 Key:

[error.1]
error=Found Duplicate Key Name
 File:C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 777-200LR\panel\panel.cfg
 Section:VCockpit21
 Key: 

[error.2]
 Section:VCockpit22
 Key: 

[error.3]
 Section:VCockpit29
 Key: 

John.

John,

As explained in a few other threads- ignore the error logging you are seeing.  Lockheed Martin made some errors in it's functionality and it gives many false positives- just like the FSX version of same.

You can turn it off inside the sim.

Thanks for the reply, Robert, but can you shed any light on why our switches aren't working after installing per the Readme? I for one never had a lick of trouble with either the FSX or P3D v2 versions.

Thank you!

Russ

Got mine working!  :smile:

1. Install Simconnect in the exact manner in which is described in the readme from the updated NGX Installers.
  2. Restart your computer
  3. Upon starting P3D again, when presented with the intro menu where you can select the aircraft, weather, airport and time - Select the NGX HERE. (Do not select something else like the F22 and enter P3D and select NGX after)
  4. Fly

Everything works fine here, If I go back to entering P3D with the F22 and change to the NGX I get the same problem again, trick is to select the NGX at the entry screen.

Sean.

Got mine working!  :smile:

1. Install Simconnect in the exact manner in which is described in the readme from the updated NGX Installers.
  2. Restart your computer
  3. Upon starting P3D again, when presented with the intro menu where you can select the aircraft, weather, airport and time - Select the NGX HERE. (Do not select something else like the F22 and enter P3D and select NGX after)
  4. Fly

Everything works fine here, If I go back to entering P3D with the F22 and change to the NGX I get the same problem again, trick is to select the NGX at the entry screen.

Sean.

I confirm, if you don't pick your PMDG plane in the scenario screen, none of the switches will work.