Sign in to follow this  
airlinejets

FlightFactor Boeing 767 soon...

Is there a list of all the things that are better or different on the 767 from the 757? They both look pretty much the same to me and I really would like to know why I should buy it if I already have the 757.

Thanks,

paul

they sort of announced that they will do tha -400  and that is basically the missing link between the 767 and the 777 with a cockpit that is different. So maybe wait for that ;)

The official features list is out. http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=91451

I'm sorry to see:

"..........dynamic window blinds that react to sunlight etc......."

Is this the pull-down blinds in the cabin that always drop when the window is exposed to the sun?

Maybe it is able to be disabled?

I'm sorry to see:

"..........dynamic window blinds that react to sunlight etc......."

Is this the pull-down blinds in the cabin that always drop when the window is exposed to the sun?

Maybe it is able to be disabled?

Yes, it can be disabled in the iPad simulator that is included with the aircraft.

See this screenshot for more info and note that there's no green dot next to the option, meaning I toggled it OFF: http://i.imgur.com/EZYFbEg.png

3HSAJHT.png

TFDi Design

Yes, it can be disabled in the iPad simulator that is included with the aircraft.

See this screenshot for more info and note that there's no green dot next to the option, meaning I toggled it OFF: http://i.imgur.com/EZYFbEg.png

Now that's really cool.... Thanks Lashrathius....

PS. Any chance of seeing the "Avionics" tab in that iPod simulator? :)

Cool- thanks! Can't wait to se your review of this product!

Merry Christmas to you too..... and thanks again for the interaction on this product.

Bruce.

I took the plunge and purchased this product today. I don't share the same thoughts as others here as to the accuracy of the systems (especially on the FMC), though I do see how it can be fun.

Pros:

• Much nicer texturing and 3D than the 757/777
  • Good interior sounds
  • Pretty cool setting options in the "iPad"
  • Coolish exterior reflection
  • Maybe I didn't try hard enough, but I didn't have the FMC cause a CTD, so +1 for that
  • Quite good FPS!

Cons:

• FMS has very evident issues/lacking accurate procedure selection or even features, or things are implemented but not in a completely 767/Boeing-true way (the list here is actually somewhat long and I could care less to list it all).
  • Not so great exterior sounds
  • Why a rotating exterior beacon? Should be a quick strobe
  • QC was evidently lacking in numerous liveries, but I'm sure third party guys will solve this
  • Wish it came with better manuals from a customer perspective. A massive FCOM is not exactly what I want as a simmer

Worth the purchase? I think many will still be quite happy and I'd say it's important to still support the developers and show some support, so buy it. I wish it were a bit more immersive (for me), but it's not a horrible simulation or experience overall. I think for me I simply get let down a bit when a product doesn't truthfully simulate a lot of what it's assumed to do with pure accuracy as a "Professional" series labeled product and price tagged at near $70 USD. Hopefully as time goes on the FMS will improve in this regard. One can hope, right?

• Upvote 1

Founder of X-Aviation

Cons:

• FMS has very evident issues/lacking accurate procedure selection or even features, or things are implemented but not in a completely 767-true way (the list here is actually somewhat long and I could care less to list it all).
  • Not so great exterior sounds
  • Why a rotating exterior beacon? Should be a quick strobe
  • QC was evidently lacking in numerous liveries, but I'm sure third party guys will solve this
  • Wish it came with better manuals from a customer perspective. A massive FCOM is not exactly what I want as a simmer
Thanks Cameron,

I don't care much about how the a/c looks from the outside(I do about how the wing looks from the inside). A manual would be nice aka Rotate (tutorial in .pdf plus YouTube, a cool touch). But the FMC interests me- is it modelled on the same Pegasus(?) FMC that the B757 is, and if so, is it a deeper simulation? It would be good to get a list of missing functions at some point (although some of us wouldn;t use many functions anyway, I would guess).

Thanks, Bruce.

Thanks Cameron,

I don't care much about how the a/c looks from the outside(I do about how the wing looks from the inside). A manual would be nice aka Rotate (tutorial in .pdf plus YouTube, a cool touch). But the FMC interests me- is it modelled on the same Pegasus(?) FMC that the B757 is, and if so, is it a deeper simulation? It would be good to get a list of missing functions at some point (although some of us wouldn;t use many functions anyway, I would guess).

Thanks, Bruce.

Well, I guess it would take someone who flies the 767 in real life to really deliver a credible review of the FMC as modelled here. Even if someone is familiar with similiar FMC´s, there is no way of really knowing if the unit used (and software revision modelled) on this aircraft should truly work the same way.

Cheers, Jan

• Upvote 1

But the FMC interests me- is it modelled on the same Pegasus(?) FMC that the B757 is, and if so, is it a deeper simulation? It would be good to get a list of missing functions at some point (although some of us wouldn;t use many functions anyway, I would guess).

Thanks, Bruce.

Bruce,

It's essentially the same, though perhaps more refined in operation. By this I mean I don't find it so finicky and I can confidently move about the pages in it without thinking something will crash.

I wouldn't necessarily call the FMS a deeper simulation than before, but I would say the FEEL of the overall cockpit provides a better experience than before, and for that it's probably worth your hard earned cash if you get any enjoyment at all from the 757 and want to better that experience. It's a no-brainer.

Please note, however, that I can be perceived as bias given my position in the X-Plane community and some probably considering this product a "competitor" to me. That said, I do not view it this way. I do enjoy airliners (thank the high heavens they're finally coming to X-Plane), it's the only 767 on the market, I won't be selling it, and anyone with an interest in airliners will likely nab it anyhow; just like me. As simmers we rarely hold back our wallets from coming out for add-ons! :smile:  Truth be told, I want this product and all others to succeed. The way I see it, the more people that come to X-Plane, the better (for all companies, competitors or not).

• Upvote 3

Founder of X-Aviation

I find it a much better offering than the 757. I really never did like it for some reason and only flew it a few times then deleted it. The planes I fly most now are 737-200 FlyJSim and absolute must to have in your hanger , Saab 340 from LES of course ;-) and the MD-80 well because it's an MD-80 and sure it has it's faults but it is quirky like the real thing and am sure it will get better with updates.

Going back to this 767 from FF.

I like the way it hand flies the FMC although not 100% perfect works quite well. The iPad selection screen is fantastic. Changing your settings from the plugin pull down menu is so 2010 and sort of bugs me when ever I have to do that contest the JAR Desgin A330 options menu , yuk!

I only wish there was an option to load fuel in KG's!

For anyone who's still deciding if the 767 is worth buying, here's 3 pages of thank-yous from happy customers (I'm somewhere in those 3 pages) while I write the review. Its almost done so won't be long!

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=91504&page=2

I've posted this message before but since we're at page 5, I'll restate this -

I am in NO way involved with FlightFactor, and I am NOT getting paid to keep spreading the hype for the 767. I am like most of you - a (very) happy customer who enjoys supporting a newly released addon.

3HSAJHT.png

TFDi Design

I finally bought it even do I said  that il pass this one , and very happy to do so   , I dont have

the SAAB and I have the JAR'S,  the 767 is the best  FMC is solid  and pleasant , moving toward having only 1 Sim

..........while I write the review. Its almost done so won't be long!

Will you let us know when you've posted your review with a link? Thanks...

Will you let us know when you've posted your review with a link? Thanks...

Yup, I expect it to be up by tomorrow or the day after. It's the season of final exams at my university so I'll be a bit busy today. 

3HSAJHT.png

TFDi Design