Sign in to follow this  
airlinejets

FlightFactor Boeing 767 soon...

All I can say is - its absolutely beautiful, and the systems are superb & spot on. This is *the* 767 I've been waiting for. And with the photorealism scenery & cloud textures for X-Plane 10, my XP10 sim rig is now the next best thing to real life! Review coming soon!

• Upvote 1

3HSAJHT.png

TFDi Design

Is there a list of all the things that are better or different on the 767 from the 757? They both look pretty much the same to me and I really would like to know why I should buy it if I already have the 757.

Thanks,

paul

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

All I can say is - its abosolutely beautiful, and the systems are superb & spot on. This is *the* 767 I've been waiting for. And with the photorealism scenery & cloud textures for X-Plane 10, my XP10 sim rig is now the next best thing to real life! Review coming soon!

Sweet! Hope this is true. :)

The 767 is one of my all-time favorite aircraft. I remember way back when the LVL D 767 came out I just had to get MSFS to fly that plane. Gave me a lot of fun times on VATSIM, too! X-Plane has needed this airliner for a long time, so this is welcomed news if things are looking top form.  :cool:

Is there a list of all the things that are better or different on the 767 from the 757? They both look pretty much the same to me and I really would like to know why I should buy it if I already have the 757.

Thanks,

paul

I would expect it to look the same, Paul. They pretty much do in real life too.  :wink:

Founder of X-Aviation

Thanks, I will most likely skip this one then.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Thanks, I will most likely skip this one then.

Why don't you list what you didn't like on the 757 so others can address here if that's been resolved in the 767? Seems to me most feel this is a level up in quality over the 757/777.

I don't really understand your post here...are you saying they are just too similar, or you're in fear of the quality level due to a prior purchase? If it's the latter I am NOT the person you should be listening too. I don't have the 767. But, in real life they are essentially close to the same cockpit.

Founder of X-Aviation

I am more than happy with the 757 and don't have any problems to list. I thought there might be some improvements in the 767 that I should consider. 

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

The cockpit modeling is similar, but the systems... oh the systems :smile: Think about it this way - there was a HUGE difference between the old FS9 PMDG 737 and the PMDG NGX. I got that feeling when flying this 767 after coming from their previous 2 Boeings.

Matt Davies once mentioned on the 757 that the graphics were too old fashioned in the way that they looked like they were from the old fs9 days. The graphics on this 767 is spanking new and looking just like the IRL photos I have. FlightFactor definitely improved on graphics - I'll give them that for sure.

Here is a raw unedited screenshot of the 767. Notice how sharp and clean those textures are: http://i.imgur.com/eCkYNef.jpg

• Upvote 3

3HSAJHT.png

TFDi Design

Anybody else find it hilarious that they charge extra money for fictional liveries?

Yeah it looks a little like nickel and dime stuff. Since it's an option, I don't mind though. I think the money goes to their texture artists but I may be wrong.

First impressions over at the org look promising. Anxious to read Henry Chen's report on the jetliner. More than likely another hit to the credit card coming up. :smile:

Glad to hear they seem to have upped their game, I like their 757 (even though there are a few systems simplifications) and if they've beefed up the systems then I might have to pick this up.

This plus IXEG might make it an expensive Christmas.

In the middle of a flight right now (1st leg of Fly UK's "Toy Tour" EFRO-ESSA), and I have to reiterate what others have said about the exterior and cockpit quality, just lovely.

Just 2 niggles still there which pervade all their models:

1. in the FMS when selecting the ARR, you can't select the runway then STAR, you have to do the STAR then runway. Philipp is convinced this is correct, but I have reservations. Perhaps a Boeing pilot could verify?

2. yes that frickin' passenger staircase is still on the right-hand side of the plane (aaaaargh!).  :mad: Not sure the catering people will be happy!  :wink:​ 

I'll say it as well. Compaired to the 757 cockpit the 767 is a lot more refined.

My framerates are also equal to or better that the 757s.

I'm pretty happy with this purchase.