Mike_CFII_MEL

Taxi2Gate MMMX Extreme

Recommended Posts

Hi,

 

Anyone have an issue with black buildings outside the airport and/or is there a fix?.

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I had this issue too when trying install to P3D. Turned out to be that for whatever reason the custom autogen textures didn’t get installed into the global texture directory. Since I still had my FSX install I just copied them over.

 

You might want to try a fake FSX install to see if you can get the textures that way. The files you’re looking for are named t2g2*.dds.

Share this post


Link to post

Hi,

 

I did a reinstall and everything was just about okay; the only problem, I didn't have any runway lights... I've since found a fix to brighten them, everything is all set for some testing.

 

I think Taxi2Gate has come a long way from what I've seen so far.

 

Thank for the help.

Share this post


Link to post

Try the Taxi2Gate forums here:

 

http://forum.iflysimx.com/forum/60-taxi2gate/

 

I use their Hamad International at Doha and their Istanbul airports in my P3D 3.1 and they're the best looking and best performing airport add ons I have. I get amazing smoothness and frame rates with my settings right up with the PMDG 777 and 737. I just bought the Munich add on too. Taxi2Gate are well on their way to being the best airport add on developer out there...

Share this post


Link to post

Try the Taxi2Gate forums here:

 

http://forum.iflysimx.com/forum/60-taxi2gate/

 

I use their Hamad International at Doha and their Istanbul airports in my P3D 3.1 and they're the best looking and best performing airport add ons I have. I get amazing smoothness and frame rates with my settings right up with the PMDG 777 and 737. I just bought the Munich add on too. Taxi2Gate are well on their way to being the best airport add on developer out there...

But their Support sucks.

 

I posted them a query in Contact Us and through their forum that when I migrated MMPR to P3D v2.5, unlike their MMMX v2, it failed to show up anything like in FSX, i.e tree in the middle of parking lots, no airport terminal buildings, etc.

 

That was 6-7 weeks ago. Still waiting for either to furnish a fix.

Share this post


Link to post

Is it marketed as a P3D  2.5 product or just 2.0 etc? I think it must be a bit of a nightmare for these developers keeping up with the updates to P3D as well as all of their current development? Especially as some people stay on 2.5 and others move onto 3.1. I think it's probably the same for people who develop apps for Android...

 

The way I see it is that I install an airport into my updated 3.1 knowing that there might be the odd issue. I guess that's the way it goes if we want Lockheed Martin to keep improving it. It's not perfect but I kind of think it's the way it'll be for a while. 

 

How many people work for Taxi2Gate anyway? Are they a big software house? Or just a few developers doing it in their spare time like QualityWings?

Share this post


Link to post

Hi,

 

I knew I was taking a chance when I purchased MMMX for P3D 3.1 as it was made for FSX. But I looked at the purchase in one of two ways; one, they have come a long way in regards to their development skills and I would be investing in their future development projects... and in the end as projects are released, in my enjoyment of flight simulation. Then again on the other hand; If it worked, I'd have a much nicer MMMX airport and surrounding area.

 

As it turned out; MMMX with a little bit of nudging along, worked out just fine in P3D3.1 from what I've seen so far. I've had to make a few changes to the install.

 

1. Manually add T2G.DDS and T2GLM.DDS (don't remember the exact names offhand) to P3D's texture folder.

2. Replace the runway lighting for a brighter set.

3. Manually add Terrain, City, and MMX entries to my scenery.cfg file within Program data/Prepar3D sub folder.

 

Not sure what issue(s) may exists with their tech support, language barrier maybe?, with that said... old time flight simmers such as myself have learned over the years to troubleshoot issues that have hampered flight simulation since the days of Bruce Artwick and will continue to do so in the future...

Share this post


Link to post

Just started flight simming again and I am trying out my addons again. I only have p3d and I can not find those files (t2g.dds,t2glm.dds). I can't find them anywhere in the files on the computer. The MMMZ scenery is great except for the black buildings. Has anyone found a good solution yet. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 5:39 PM, bosflo said:

scenery is great except for the black buildings

I uninstalled T2G MMMX from P3Dv4 didn't work right and black buildings too. We need an update from Developer to make it work with.

Share this post


Link to post

Check here for the black building fix:

I haven't tried it myself but it's on my to-do list.

 

Share this post


Link to post
59 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Check here for the black building fix:

I haven't tried it myself but it's on my to-do list.

 

I tried again and no success because I can't find those files. Where exactly should I find them..... MMMX, MMMX-city or MMMX-terrain? Note that from MMMX-terrain only exists files with agn extension. Also, I don't see any dds file starting with t2g...... filenames, nonefrom scenery or texture.

Share this post


Link to post

Do you guys also get like "Red-ish" textures around the city at night?

Is this normal?

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, trisho0 said:

I tried again and no success because I can't find those files. Where exactly should I find them..... MMMX, MMMX-city or MMMX-terrain? Note that from MMMX-terrain only exists files with agn extension. Also, I don't see any dds file starting with t2g...... filenames, nonefrom scenery or texture.

It looks like you may need to install this into fsx first as that post references copying the files from the fsx/texture folder

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, regis9 said:

It looks like you may need to install this into fsx first as that post references copying the files from the fsx/texture folder

I found those T2G dds files from FSX\texture. I thought from MMMX texture folders. You did the trick, thank you so much.

Share this post


Link to post

Copied Aircreation Trike Ultralight from FSX to P3Dv4. The ultralight works in several airports (tested). I found in MMMX the ultralight stops engine. Tried Crtl+E and the engine starts up but soon it stops. It looks like this ultralight doesn't like the MMMX airport (lol). Any thoughts?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, trisho0 said:

Copied Aircreation Trike Ultralight from FSX to P3Dv4. The ultralight works in several airports (tested). I found in MMMX the ultralight stops engine. Tried Crtl+E and the engine starts up but soon it stops. It looks like this ultralight doesn't like the MMMX airport (lol). Any thoughts?

you might have to lean the engine, its running too fat for the altitude.

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, A340Bangla said:

you might have to lean the engine, its running too fat for the altitude.

Hi, what do you mean to lean the engine? The motor runs after activating but it stops. In FSX MMMX the Trike motor engine run OK.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, trisho0 said:

Hi, what do you mean to lean the engine? The motor runs after activating but it stops. In FSX MMMX the Trike motor engine run OK.

On leaning an engine you might want to look at this: https://aviation.stackexchange.com/questions/24097/why-do-we-lean-the-mixture-when-the-air-become-less-dense

To be honest, I have never used the trike, so I do not know if that engine can be leaned. But you might want to check Options-Realism in your menu and enable Automixture there.

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, A340Bangla said:

On leaning an engine you might want to look at this: https://aviation.stackexchange.com/questions/24097/why-do-we-lean-the-mixture-when-the-air-become-less-dense

To be honest, I have never used the trike, so I do not know if that engine can be leaned. But you might want to check Options-Realism in your menu and enable Automixture there.

I understand. But even though Trike refuses to keep motor running after engine started in P3Dv4. Such problem doesn't happen in FSX. The Trike in P3Dv4 keeps running engine in other airports without issues

Share this post


Link to post

Patricio,

If it keeps running at other airports then this is a strong sign that at the altitude of MMMX (around 8000 ft) the engine is running too rich and would need to be leaned. Try La Paz (in Bolivia) and see what happens there, that airport is even higher than MMMX. Unfortunately, I might not be able to try this out myself in the next 3 or 4 days. But if your problem is not solved in the meantime I will when I come back home.

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, A340Bangla said:

Patricio,

If it keeps running at other airports then this is a strong sign that at the altitude of MMMX (around 8000 ft) the engine is running too rich and would need to be leaned. Try La Paz (in Bolivia) and see what happens there, that airport is even higher than MMMX. Unfortunately, I might not be able to try this out myself in the next 3 or 4 days. But if your problem is not solved in the meantime I will when I come back home.

Good idea to give a try in La Paz Bolivia, cool! If the motor stalls then it has to be a way to lean (?). I will see later. Many thanks for your help

Share this post


Link to post

Learned from other thread. You can't lean the mixture on the ultralight. Non realistic to get ultralight be able to take-off in very high altitude. So, I would say my Trike concern about is cleared.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now